Position: Set up Technician - Maintenance
Location: Ayr, Ontario (Near Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 2:00p.m. – 10:00p.m. “B Shift”
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental, Pension Plan, Course Reimbursement Program and many others.
Bend All Automotive Incorporated (BAA) is a leading supplier of Automotive Components and Automation Tooling Equipment. BAA supports customers worldwide with leading technology through product design, prototyping, product validation, tool building and a flexible streamlined manufacturing process. Our expertise is not limited to standard forming techniques, but entails the utilization of synchronized manufacturing systems that provide our customers with cost effective and mistake proof solutions.
We are always seeking talented, motivated people to help us grow. We are proud of the quality and workmanship of every part we supply to our customers. Above all, we value our team members because they are the foundation of our success and key to our future.
The position of Maintenance Set up Technician is responsible for supporting production through completing timely and efficient changeovers and minor maintenance.
- Responsible for performing machine set ups on a daily basis as directed by production requirements
- Maintains machine tooling by removing and adjusting as required
- Conducts machine diagnostics and make adjustments to machinery as required to ensure parts are manufactured within the defined tolerance
- Ensures sustainability by performing first offs and taking to Quality Department for confirmation and documentation
- Maintains detailed and accurate documentation for machine work orders, quality related logs and first off forms
- Ensure tools meet quality and quantity standards before re-entering into the inventory system
- Monitors key tooling inventory levels and notifies maintenance supervisor of deficiencies
- Adheres to all health & safety policies and procedures
Qualifications (education & skills required):
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent; preferably with mechanical courses
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferably automotive
- Previous experience with machine set up (dies, punches, CNC bending, cutters) and strong mechanical aptitude
- Practical experience with reading and interpreting blueprints
- Basic math skills including calculations with fractions and conversions from metric to standard
- Ability to use measuring equipment (vernier, micrometers, functional gauges)
- Basic computer skills (outlook, word, ERP) for documentation purposes/data entry
- Diplomacy, tact, and professionalism when interacting with all team members
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Flexible and creative approach while working in an environment that is dedicated to continuous improvement
- Respect for corporate management system and practices
- Focus and discipline; pride in work
We look forward to meeting qualified candidates for this opportunity and encourage those who are interested to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations, to Human Resources, through our website www.bend-all.com.
Only candidates that are suitable for this role will be interviewed. Thank you for your interest in wanting to join a strong and committed team of professionals.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE
Bend All Automotive Incorporated is a leading supplier of fluid handling and structural automotive components, specializing in tube and...