Position: Quality Technician
Location: Ayr, Ontario (Near Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 2:00PM to 10:00PM “B Shift”
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental, Pension Plan, Course Reimbursement Program and many others.
Bend All Automotive Incorporated (BAA) is a leading supplier of Automotive Components and Automation Tooling Equipment. BAA supports customers worldwide with leading technology through product design, prototyping, product validation, tool building and a flexible streamlined manufacturing process. Our expertise is not limited to standard forming techniques, but entails the utilization of synchronized manufacturing systems that provide our customers with cost effective and mistake proof solutions.
We are always seeking talented, motivated people to help us grow. We are proud of the quality and workmanship of every part we supply to our customers. Above all, we value our team members because they are the foundation of our success and key to our future.
The Quality Technician is responsible for ensuring part production is within established specifications by rotating between receiving, in-process, and final audit.
- Performs daily layered and product audits for the purposes of ensuring processes and part dimensions are within defined specifications
- Assists in setting up internal containment activities including audit of the area and review of rejected product
- Assists with PPAP documentation as required
- Creates and issues Quality Alerts as requested to production
- Monitors process capability through use of control charts
- Communicates significant issues or findings identified during quality activities to the appropriate parties
- Provides quality process and measuring device training for production team members as required
- Adheres to the established Quality Management System (TS16949)
- Provides support and suggestions for continuous improvement activities
Qualifications (education & skills required):
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED is required
- Minimum of three (3) years in a high volume manufacturing environment working within tight tolerances
- Practical knowledge of technology such as ERP/MRP systems and Microsoft Office Suite (word, powerpoint, excel)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints for purposes of accurate part dimensioning
- Formal knowledge of the principles and interpretation of GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing)
- Practical knowledge of measuring devices (gauges) and small hand tools (cutters, files, grinders)
- Working experience with quality documents (capability studies, in process, first off inspection logs, audits)
- Effective communication of quality requirements to varying departments to ensure accuracy
- Experienced with the collection, presentation, and training of quality activities
- Diplomacy, tact, and professionalism when interacting with all team members
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Focus and discipline; pride in work
We look forward to meeting qualified candidates for this opportunity and encourage those who are interested to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations, to Human Resources, through our website www.bend-all.com.
Only candidates that are suitable for this role will be interviewed. Thank you for your interest in wanting to join a strong and committed team of professionals.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE