Position: Cost Accountant
Location: Ayr, Ontario (Near Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:00AM-4:30PM; Friday 8:00AM-2:00PM
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental, Pension Plan, Course Reimbursement Program and many others.
Bend All Automotive Incorporated (BAA) is a leading supplier of Automotive Components and Automation Tooling Equipment. BAA supports customers worldwide with leading technology through product design, prototyping, product validation, tool building and a flexible streamlined manufacturing process. Our expertise is not limited to standard forming techniques, but entails the utilization of synchronized manufacturing systems that provide our customers with cost effective and mistake proof solutions.
We are always seeking talented, motivated people to help us grow. We are proud of the quality and workmanship of every part we supply to our customers. Above all, we value our team members because they are the foundation of our success and key to our future.
The position of Cost Accountant, reporting to the Director - Finance, primary responsibilities/accountabilities include:
- Responsible for reporting and analysis with respect to operational activities, product and materials costing, and WIP inventory evaluation
- Responsible for standard costing and determining gross margin by product group
- Accountable for WIP; preparing reports and reviewing daily
- Maintain standards and transfer prices to ensure the accuracy & consistency of the costing system for multiple facilities
- Provide ongoing analytical support for operating facilities and resolving manufacturing variances; assist with physical inventory counts, identify manufacturing variances and resolve issues
- Standard costing, overhead absorption, BOM’s for multiple facilities in Canada and abroad
- Job management in a job cost environment through the use of the ERP system, correcting and reporting on variances as required
- Oversee allocation of all job related costs and make adjustments as required
- Prepare job costing summaries, ensure accuracy and compare to budget
- Liaison with Sales & Engineering department to establish costing for BOM and new business quotations
- Assist in establishing standard labour and overhead rates
- Prepare sales reports and analysis as requested
- Responsible for on time filing of NAFTA certifications
Qualifications (education & skills required):
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or working towards certification
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ costing experience preferred
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Working knowledge of an ERP system; (CMS/Solarsoft exposure an asset)
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Persistence in approach and in achieving results
We look forward to meeting qualified candidates for this opportunity and encourage those who are interested to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations, to Human Resources, through our website www.bend-all.com.
Only candidates that are suitable for this role will be interviewed. Thank you for your interest in wanting to join a strong and committed team of professionals.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE