Position: Assistant Quality Manager
Location: Ayr, Ontario (Near Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:00AM-4:30PM; Friday 8:00AM-2:00PM
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental, Pension Plan, Course Reimbursement Program and many others.
Bend All Automotive Incorporated (BAA) is a leading supplier of Automotive Components and Automation Tooling Equipment. BAA supports customers worldwide with leading technology through product design, prototyping, product validation, tool building and a flexible streamlined manufacturing process. Our expertise is not limited to standard forming techniques, but entails the utilization of synchronized manufacturing systems that provide our customers with cost effective and mistake proof solutions.
We are always seeking talented, motivated people to help us grow. We are proud of the quality and workmanship of every part we supply to our customers. Above all, we value our team members because they are the foundation of our success and key to our future.
- Responsible for taking on a leadership role with respect to offering guidance, support, and development to the department (no direct reports)
- In conjunction with the Sr. Quality Manager’s objectives provides needs analysis, recommendations, and ongoing training for the department
- Responsible for being the customer liaison concerning product quality for multiple programs
- Actively participates in APQP process for purposes of ensuring quality requirements are completed for new program launches
- Collects and prepares PPAP documentation to be submitted to the customer
- Responsible for ensuring prototypes and non-conforming product are meeting defined specifications through testing and analysis
- Provides recommendations for gauge design internally and externally based on Gauge Design guidelines
- Evaluates the effectiveness of implemented improvements in conjunction with a cross functional team (corrective actions, root cause analysis, problem solving methods)
- Complies and submits corrective action reports in customer prescribed formats for customer review and approval
- Performs Layered Process Audits, process and product audits as per audit schedule
- Organizes and establishes containment activities internally and externally as required
Qualifications (education & skills required):
- College Diploma in Engineering (mechanical/manufacturing)
- Completion of a Quality Designation program
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in high volume manufacturing
- Practical knowledge of GD&T and metrology with the ability to read/interpret engineering drawings
- Experienced with measurement techniques and instruments
- Ability to understand and interpret CMM reports
- Applied knowledge of quality principles and tools such as FTQ, PDCA, statistical data collection and trend analysis
- Thorough knowledge of automotive quality management standards (TS, ISO)
- Ability to travel to customers local and overseas when required
- Diplomacy, tact, and professionalism when interacting with all team members
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Flexible and creative approach while working in an environment that is dedicated to continuous improvement
- Respect for corporate management system and practices
- Focus and discipline; pride in work
We look forward to meeting qualified candidates for this opportunity and encourage those who are interested to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations, to Human Resources, through our website www.bend-all.com.
Only candidates that are suitable for this role will be interviewed. Thank you for your interest in wanting to join a strong and committed team of professionals.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE