Facilities Management at BCIT is seeking a regular, full-time Senior Project Coordinator.
This position plans, coordinates and monitors the work of external architects, professional engineers, consultants and contractors. The role implements all aspects of approved construction projects. The position ensures timely, cost effective delivery of quality services and satisfaction of the customer group within the guidelines of the Institute Education and Campus Master Plan. This position also plans, conducts and updates comprehensive audits of building conditions, systems and structures at the Burnaby, Aerospace and Marine Campus locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the management, coordination, and implementation of multiple construction projects valuing up to 1.5 Million dollars; establish and analyze customer requirements, and develop project plans, scope of work, budget, and schedule.
- Facilitate, direct, and instruct consultants in the preparation of projects.
- Collaborate and review with the Facilities and Campus Development department, the reports, specifications and drawings of current and proposed projects.
- Acquire, review and award Registered Professional consulting service contracts, design and prepare tender documents and construction contract drawings and specifications.
- Arrange for risk assessments and/or hazardous material sampling.
- Oversee project costs, authorize payment for completed work, and prepare change orders to scope, complete and prepare reports and costs analyses.
- Administer construction contract, maintain project schedule, report and monitor construction progress and continuously update the stakeholders.
- Collaborate construction activities with customer group, utilities, and governmental agencies and ensure the work schedule has minimum disruption to other Institute activities.
- Execute construction closeout, plan and conduct the comprehensive audit of conditions of buildings, systems and structures, and analyze results.
- Recommend action plans to ensure continued economic operation
- Training as needed to meet BCIT standards.
- Diploma of Technology (Architectural, Building, Engineering Technology) or Certificate of Recognition National Council of Interior Designers Qualification.
- Two additional years training in a related Facilities Management certification program or equivalent.
- Two years’ general construction experience.
- Four years’ experience in developing and administering projects and plans.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of codes and industry standards.
- Ability to manage construction projects, including ability to lead a team of professionals, contractors and internal clients.
- Intermediate to advanced experience using a variety of software packages such as AutoCAD, Archibus, Microsoft Office and related databases.
- Superb written and oral communications.
- Must be a team player with a customer service focus.
- Must be able to work to and within tight deadlines and approved project budgets.
- Strong conceptual thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organization, coordination, and follow-up skills.
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY RANGE: $53,081 with yearly increments to $57,598 per annum
(Prorated based on percentage of appointment)
COMPETITION NUMBER: 13B184R1
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing until suitable candidates are found.
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.
To apply, visit us online at www.bcit.ca/hr/careers/.
Indeed - 12 months ago