- Minimum of a bachelors degree in computer science or relevant field
- 3+ years professional programming experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years experience working in a Linux/UNIX operating system environment
- Strong verbal communication skills and willingness to work in a team
- Familiarity with UI design patterns and principles
- Experience building and integrating back-end web services (using JSON, AJAX, REST) and interfacing with a database
- In-depth knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Proficiency with Python
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems (e.g. git) and Agile development methods
- Familiarity with the following is an asset:
~ Statistical plotting (e.g. in R or matplotlib) and custom visualization creation (e.g. in D3 or Processing)
~ Challenges of and scalable solutions to interacting with large data sets (e.g. database optimizations)
~ Bioinformatics tools and genome databases (e.g. IGV or the UCSC genome browser, its utilities and data resources)
If interested, please send a CV, cover letter, and contact information for three references to CareersMolOnc [at] bccrc [dot] ca, and quote job number 2014SS01 in the subject line.
Tumours develop from normal human cells through a complex process with multiple stages. The Department of Molecular Oncology at the BC...