BC Wheelchair Sports (BCWSA) and BC Wheelchair Basketball (BCWBS) are seeking individuals for four part-time Regional Coordinator positions. Three of these positions (Okanagan/Interior, Vancouver Island, and Northern BC) are offered as a partnership between BCWSA and BCWBS. The Lower Mainland position is only for BCWSA. Programs responsibilities will include: “Bridging the Gap” program for BCWSA, “Let’s Play” program for BCWBS, wheelchair loan program, special events, and other programs as required. The successful candidates will report to the BCWSA Program Managers, Executive Director and BCWBS Managing Director.
These positions are being funded through the Neil Squire Society Working Together program and more information about the program can be found at http://goo.gl/tfumyo.
Positions: Regional Coordinator (4 positions available)
Key Responsibility Areas
- Support program delivery in the regions in collaboration with existing clubs
- Implement “Let’s Play” and “Bridging the Gap” initiatives in the region to support sustainable recruitment and development programs. This will include the organization of promotions, facilities, clinics, introductory programs, leaders, equipment for the programs.
- Enhance current partnerships and create new partnerships in the region
- Identify and actively pursue new sources of revenue for programming, equipment and personnel
- Lead monthly regional conference calls
- Report to and liaise with BCWSA and BCWBS
- Represent BCWSA at community events and networking opportunities.
- General administration duties related to the position
Qualifications & Experience
- Public speaking experience is an asset
- Are able to work efficiently, independently and be able to multi-task
- Are willing to have a criminal record check
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Knowledge and experience with the sport system is an asset
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Must have an outgoing personality and ability to network
- Knowledge in computers including Word, Excel, and Access
Applicant must meet the minimum eligibility requirements of the Working Together Program, including:
- Have a physical or sensory disability
- Are unemployed (or working under 20 hours per week) and want to return to work
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Are not currently receiving EI and have not collected EI within the last three years
Hours: 18.75 hrs/week
Deadline for application: May 9, 2014
Start Date: June 2, 2014
End Date: March 31, 2015 (with opportunity for extension)
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Gail Hamamoto, Executive Director, BC Wheelchair Sports Association
Please Note: Only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted