Number of Positions: There are 2 (two) positions available. One in Lower Mainland and Island (either: New Westminster, Langley, Victoria, or Nanaimo) and the other -Team Leader, Interior and North (Kelowna, Kamloops, or Prince George)
Job Purpose: Manages a team of geographically dispersed Client Services Representatives (CSRs) across BC that provides client service. Streamlines and implements best practices in client service and client care solutions.
1. Manages a large geographical client services area comprising half the province, and consisting of a team of 10 – 12 unionized employees with varied responsibilities:
i. Accountable for service levels, workforce performance and scheduling, and client satisfaction including second level client escalations.
ii. Manage day to day client issues develop solutions, within the area, by applying business knowledge and acumen, sound judgement, and positional accountability.
iii. Develops, implements, manages and maintains Key Performance Indicators and expectations, tracking processes, and metrics for the area and its CSRs.
2. Develops and manages the annual budget for the area including cost management, employee salaries and benefits, operating expenditures, financial variance reporting, and capital requirements. Accountable for workforce planning and recruitment to ensure staffing levels are at the optimal level to meet targeted service levels and client demands while also meeting organizational budget objectives. Develops business plans for staffing requirements, major expenditures such as facility requirements and other initiatives related to the area, and business and strategic planning. Access and approve travel requirements for self and team.
3. Performs general management decisions on activities such as hiring, performance management, disciplinary action, terminations, staffing levels, grievances, business reporting, overtime and general salary treatment. Coaches, develops, and enhances skills of CSRs in areas such as inquiries, processes and procedures, client interactions, and back-office activities to ensure consistency and adherence to key performance indicators, service levels, and quality standards to maximise client satisfaction. Tracks and develops talent within the team to prepare and produce future leaders within the organization.
4.Works collectively with other departments (i.e. BPS, Finance, IT, Communications) to identify, develop, implement and communicate process improvement initiatives within the area to improve customer service and increase efficiencies. Identifies system improvement opportunities and contributes to the implementation and communication of these systems to ensure their most effective use within Client Services.
5.Impacts the success of Operations and Client Services through leadership within a team of Leaders. Communicates regularly within the team to discuss new developments, service and resource issues, and other issues related to the area.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Requires 5 - 7 years customer service experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership/supervisory capacity, preferably in a geographically dispersed operations environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing within a unionized environment and interpreting Collective Agreements preferred.
- Ability to interpret complex technical Acts and Regulations related to multiple services across technologies.
- Proven leadership skills in creating an environment where employees are motivated, engaged, and capable of delivering exceptional performance.
- Extensive client service knowledge and background with the ability to create and deliver exceptional client experiences.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to mediate and resolve sensitive issues using business insight and diplomacy.
- Proven abilities to influence cross-functional teams, drive results/change, and implement new processes & procedures.
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities to assess and drive process improvement. Ability to investigate and solve complex operational and Client Service Issues.
- PC skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Significant travel required (30-40%)
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter and specify the competition number you are interested in:
Team Leader, Lower Mainland and Island (Competition No: 13-70)
Team Leader, Interior and North (Competition No: 13-71)