Job Status: Temporary, Full Time till October 2014 with strong possibility of extension
1. Provide back-up for payroll and assist with implementing compensable aspects of the collective agreement, liaising with benefits and payroll providers, and investigating employee/leader questions and concerns
2. Manage records for employees, labour relations, positions and organizational charts by maintaining integrity, relevance, security, and completeness of information. Identify requirement for annual forms, communicate with leaders, and track/ensures return.
3. Develop, organize, and maintain various databases. Update HR systems with relevant information, such as attendance at training programs, distribution of personal protective equipment, employee information, performance information, etc. Run reports and analyses from the systems to update leaders, report on metrics, and identify trends, concerns, and progress.
4. Organize and administer leadership, professional, and health and safety courses including scheduling rooms and attendees, liaising with external consultants and vendors, preparing, ordering, and/or copying materials, etc. Assist leaders with project management, report preparation, surveys, and course marketing. Assume responsibility for classroom preparation and petty cash management.
5. Assist and coordinate the recruitment and selection processes and ensure efficiency of process and effective representation of BCSA to potential candidates. Examples of responsibilities include prescreening resumes, coordinating interview materials, acting as chairperson on the interview panel, conducting reference checks, preparing offer letters, providing feedback to both internal and external applicants, etc. Maintain statistics for recruitment and selection, such as duration of process, success during probation, etc..
6. Order, distribute, and maintain supplies, materials, and equipment inventory on behalf of the department, such as personal protective equipment for the company and departmental office supplies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Diploma or degree in human resources, with particular expertise in payroll
- 2+ years HR coordination experience in a unionized environment
- Working toward CHRP designation
- Experience in databases, HRIS and payroll preferred
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet searches, with strong ability to quickly learn new computer programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality, discretion and judgment
- Ability to manage ambiguity and approach challenges with a high level of enthusiasm and initiative.
- Able to travel overnight throughout BC approximately 10% of the time
To Apply: visit our website www.safetyauthority.ca