BC Research is looking for an energetic, creative and self-motivated individual to join us as a Junior Chemist. The candidate will support our senior researchers in various research and development projects, and could possibly assist in the operation of chemical pilot plants. Research and development activities will be for industries such as pulp and paper, oil and gas, and waste water. Some of the candidate’s duties will include organic synthesis and providing analytical support services such as HPLC, GC, and AA. BC Research is an innovation centre, where ideas are developed to meet commercial demands. Our technology commercialization centre excels at scaling chemical process solutions, from experiments at the laboratory scale, to the pilot plant and commercial plant scale. The candidate will mostly support work done at the lab scale which involves solving technical problems by synthesis, characterization, and performance testing. The candidate must have a strong desire for continuous learning and fundamental understanding while balancing that with an appreciation of real-world constraints and needs.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry. Both organic chemistry synthesis and inorganic chemistry experience would be an asset.
- Highly motivated, self starter.
- Capability to work on R&D projects from idea generation to development and commercialization.
- Working knowledge of analytical characterization methods, such as HPLC, GC, AA.
- Experience in Polymer Chemistry and Bitumen handling would be an asset.
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Must be allowed to work in Canada.
Indeed - 14 months ago
BC Research is a leading innovation centre, specializing in the incubation and commercialization of upcoming technologies. Our services...