BC Research is looking for an energetic, creative and self-motivated individual to join us as a Project Engineer. BCRI specializes in the commercialization of process technologies from lab scale, to pilot plant through to commercial scale. We are currently looking for a “hands-on” Project Engineer to develop, execute and manage pilot programs that build knowledge for future detailed engineering and operations. Specific tasks can include detailed design of pilot plants, commissioning, being the liaison between engineers and fabricators/contractors, and reporting the results with recommendations to peers. The candidate will also be expected to expand the company network of resources required to build and commission pilot and skid units, including shops, mechanics, electricians, PLC programmers, etc. A great deal of flexibility is needed in this position as you will be working on long term projects, and will also need to provide fast recommendations in critical situations. There is a tremendous amount of growth potential in this position and could lead to managing all of BCRI pilot plant operations. BC Research is an innovation center, where ideas are developed to meet commercial demands.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in pilot plant or skid units design, operation and commissioning.
- Highly motivated, self starter.
- Networking skills, especially around trades.
- Capable of developing practical solutions to technical problems.
- Project Management Experience: Proven ability to lead R&D projects from idea generation to development and commercialization.
- Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGBC
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent supervisory, work management and people skills.
- Must be allowed to work in Canada.
Indeed - 30+ days ago