BC Place hosts the province’s biggest and brightest events. Home to the BC Lions, Vancouver Whitecaps, the largest trade and consumer shows in Western Canada, world class concerts and incredible community events; a unique and exciting place to work! We are a division of PavCo, a Crown Corporation with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of BC.
We're looking for a dedicated, team-oriented member who thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and who is committed to providing exceptional customer service to internal and external clients. This position is covered under a collective agreement.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair, maintenance and build of electrical systems in the stadium.
- Various electrical support for stadium events
- Provide service excellence to internal and external clients.
- Analyze and resolve technical concerns and perform some maintenance duties as required.
- Carry out duties efficiently in scheduled time frames.
Follow all safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment. Adhere to the stadium health and safety regulations. Including Health and Safety regulations and company policies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must have Inter-Provincial or BC trade qualification as a Licensed Electrician with at least two years’ building maintenance experience in the event or facility environment;
- Varied experience in building maintenance, electrical systems, mechanical repairs, troubleshooting;
- Solid understanding of operating and maintenance manual procedures, Canadian Electrical Code, Safety Standards Act, Electrical Safety Regulation, and other related regulations
- Proven familiarity with tools of the trade and safe working practices;
- WHMIS certificate an asset; Field Safety Representative certification desirable;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Able and willing to work varied shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required;
- Demonstrated effective communication skills including ability to follow instructions and provide clear directions
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and other employees from all levels, including contractors, at BC
- Proven self-starter with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Physically fit and able to handle assigned tasks and stressful situations including exposure to seasonal heat and cold in an outdoor and indoor environment, long periods of standing, ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs, ability to work at heights;
- Fall protection, scissor lift, forklift training/certification an asset
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their cover letter and resume electronically via our website at http://www.bcplacestadium.com/index.php/employment.html by 5pm on March 25, 2014.
PavCo is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from qualified women and men including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard