Receptionist - BC Oil & Gas Commission, Fort St John
Grid 9 - $38,358.65 - $43,400.63*
- Posted salary includes a Location Allowance of 3%
The position is geographically restricted to Fort St John
Corporate Services Division
The Receptionist, working out of the operational head office in Fort St. John, is the interface between the Commission and the Public, and the first point of contact for the entire organization. This position is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Reception and Public areas, and the provision of a full range of administrative support services.
Consideration will be given to those with:
- A combination of 2 years of related experience, education and/or training.
- Experience/training in keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheets and other standard computer applications and programs.
- Must have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who demonstrate experience:
- Strong professional appearance, conduct and interpersonal skills
- Good judgment and reliability (attendance)
- Ability to make timely decisions and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to reference and apply a variety of policies/procedures/guidelines to determine an appropriate course of action.
- Ability to manage a large and variable workload effectively, efficiently and independently, achieving results within acceptable timeframe
- Strong planning, detail orientation and organization skills.
In submitting a resume and cover letter, you confirm you have reviewed the following job description for a complete list of duties and qualifications. We encourage all applicants to apply, even if they do not currently meet the qualifications as an employee development plan may be established for lesser qualified applicants to progress to the full working level. Classification and salary will be based on level of education, experience and training requirements. An eligibility list may be established. Occasional overtime work may be required.
Please ensure you quote your full name and competition number on the subject line of your email in the format "First Name Last Name Competition No" for example; Peter Richards Competition No. 201341. Please note applicants will only be contacted if they are selected to proceed further in the process.
Closing Date: June 19, 2013