Oil & Gas Operations Officer - BC Oil & Gas Commission, Dawson Creek
Grid 24 - $65,902.33 - $75,302.97*
- Posted salary includes a JFMM Allowance of 10% and a Location Allowance of 3%
This Oil & Gas Operations Officer conducts inspections and investigations of all oil and gas industry operations to ensure compliance and enforcement with the Oil and Gas Activities Act and associated regulations, the Petroleum and Natural Gas Act, Drilling and Production Regulations, the Forest Practices Code of BC Act, the Forest Act, the Land Act, the Water Act, the Forest Range Practices Act and other applicable legislation.
Consideration will be given to those with:
- Grade 12 plus post-secondary courses in natural resource management, petroleum resource management, and/or law enforcement and 5 years directly related experience
- Technical Diploma in natural resource management, petroleum resources and/or law enforcement or a related discipline and 3 years directly related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in natural resource management, petroleum resource management, and/or law enforcement or a related discipline and 2 years directly related experience
- There will be different combinations of relevant experience, education and/or training that would result in the person meeting the above standards.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who demonstrate experience:
- Experience in a position specializing in the compliance & enforcement of a broad legislative mandate, such as regulatory law enforcement.
Please do not submit your resume through here.
To submit your application, please visit our website at http://www.bcogc.ca/careers/opportunities/all & select the “Apply Now” button within the posting.
After clicking on that button, you will be required to fill in your name, contact and working status in Canada, and attach your resume and cover letter. Only Microsoft Word or PDF documents can be attached.
For additional information regarding this position, please contact Recruitment at (250) 794-5203. You are also encouraged to view the Commission Website.
Closing Date: November 4, 2013