Heritage Conservation Program Assistant - BC Oil & Gas Commission, Fort St John
Grid 15 - $49,764.31 - $56,495.60*
- Posted salary includes a JFMM Allowance of 10% & a Location Allowance of 3%
Operations Division – First Nations Relations
The position of Heritage Conservation Program Assistant (HCPA) provides technical support for the archaeological component of oil and gas applications and operations within the archaeology unit of the Commission. The archaeology unit consists of the Heritage Conservation Program Manager (manager) and the Cultural Heritage Resource Officer (resource officer) and the HCPA.
Consideration will be given to those with:
Bachelor’s Degree in Archaeology, Environmental Studies or related degree or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who demonstrate experience:
- Archaeology/Anthropology, or Natural Resource Sciences
- Technical experience related to archaeology reporting and field work, resource management, and oil and gas activities
- Interpreting legislation, regulations and policy and ensuring compliance
- Working with maps, plans and/or legal descriptions
- Land Use Planning.
Please visit our website at http://bcogc.ca/careers to review the full job description, the selection criteria and information on how to apply.
Please ensure you quote your full name and competition number on the subject line of your email in the format "First Name Last Name Competition No" for example; Peter Richards Competition No. 201321. Please note applicants will only be contacted if they are selected to proceed further in the process. For additional information regarding this position, please contact Recruitment at (250) 794-5203. You are also encouraged to view the Commission Website.
Closing Date: April 10, 2013