First Nations Liaison Officer (2 Vacancies) - BC Oil & Gas Commission, Fort St John
Grid 27 - $70,703.93 - $80,872.28*
*Posted salary includes a JFMM Allowance of 10% & a Location Allowance of 3%
Operations Division – Permitting & Authorizations
The First Nations Liaison Officer represents the Commission and supports/protects Crown interests and obligations through facilitating development and maintenance of productive working relationships between First Nations and corporate interests in the oil and gas industry.
Consideration will be given to those with:
- Master’s degree in related field and three years related experience ~or~
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five years related experience ~or~
- Technical diploma in related field and eight years related experience ~or~
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience:
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who demonstrate:
- Broad project or policy experience related to environmental or natural resource management
- Working with First Nations or stakeholders to resolve land use conflicts
- Project management including research and policy and program development.
- Leading, or participating in facilitations and conflict resolution with First Nation communities or stakeholders, and government
- Dealing with a wide range of resource users such as government, industry, special interest groups and the public;
- Managing multiple projects and assignments
- Preference may be given to those with experience in the oil and gas industry as it relates to First Nations issues
In submitting a resume and cover letter, you confirm you have reviewed the following job description for a complete list of duties and qualifications. We encourage all applicants to apply, even if they do not currently meet the qualifications as an employee development plan may be established for lesser qualified applicants to progress to the full working level. Classification and salary will be based on level of education, experience and training requirements. An eligibility list may be established. Occasional overtime work may be required.
Please ensure you quote your full name and competition number on the subject line of your email in the format "First Name Last Name Competition No" for example; Peter Richards Competition No. 201340. Please note applicants will only be contacted if they are selected to proceed further in the process.
Closing Date: June 17, 2013