BC Oil & Gas Commission, Victoria
Grid 21 - $58,698.33 - $66,962.93*
*Posted salary includes a JFMM Allowance of 10%
The position is geographically restricted to Victoria
Office of the Commissioner – Corporate Affairs
Consideration will be given to those with:
- A Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing or a combination of five years related experience, education and training.
Related education could include:
- Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration, Office Administration, or other administrative management program; Degree or Diploma in Public Administration or other program with specific emphasis on writing or communications.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who demonstrate:
- Working in or with media or in a public relations/corporate and communications environment.
- Experience having direct responsibility for internal and/or external communications for a corporate or public sector program.
- Experience coordinating day to day communications services (e.g. information materials, speeches, etc.)
- Experience in media relations and/or issues management
- Managing/writing correspondence for a busy, high profile office.
- Writing correspondence, articles, technical manuals, procedural manuals or marketing materials.
- Experience with report set-up, desktop publication and graphic design.
- Experience in web design and/or social media programs.
In submitting your application, you confirm you have reviewed the following job description for a complete list of duties and qualifications. We encourage all applicants to apply, even if they do not currently meet the qualifications as an employee development plan may be established for lesser qualified applicants to progress to the full working level. Classification and salary will be based on level of education, experience and training requirements. An eligibility list may be established. Occasional overtime work may be required.
To submit your application, please visit http://www.bcogc.ca/careers/apply-now. After clicking the button, you will be required to fill in your name, address, contact information, working status in Canada, and attach your resume and cover letter (only Microsoft Word or PDF documents can be attached).
For additional information regarding this position, please contact Recruitment at (250) 419-4443. You are also encouraged to view the Commission Website.
Competition Number: 201421
Closing Date: March 31, 2014
For More Information: Recruitment 250 419 4443