The Physician Information Technology Office (PITO) is a physician support program managed under the BC Medical Association (BCMA), with financial support from the Ministry of Health (MOH). PITO assists physicians in adopting technology in daily practice, particularly electronic medical records (EMRs) through both reimbursement programs and direct assistance throughout the process. More information on the program is available at www.pito.bc.ca.
PITO is seeking a Technical Support Analyst to provide level 4 technical support to medical clinics on an ASP model. The Analyst will provide both pre and post ASP implementation support. The I.T. Technical Support Analyst possesses an in-depth understanding and knowledge of computers and networking (WAN, LAN and Wireless) issues associated with the ASP model and EMR systems. The focus of this role is to identify, clarify and understand issues and provide technical solutions and training to various stakeholders while serving as an advocate for customer needs.
The Technical Support Analyst works with multiple stakeholders including physicians, clinic staff, medical office assistants (MOAs), peer mentors, BCMA, Practice Support Program (PSP), Divisions of Family Practice, health authorities, EMR vendors, Telus PPN network, Ministry of Health, integrated health networks and the PITO team.
This position reports to the Technical Lead and is based in the PITO Vancouver office.
- Assist Relationship Managers (RM) with clinics’ pre and post implementation technical support, providing both proactive and reactive support (answer technical enquiries for clinics which may involve site visits/travel.)
- Provides guidance and best practices in connecting to the PPN; may involve network environment analysis of clinic.
- Participates in and/or leads initiatives to provide technical education to clinics and selected parties involved in the PITO program.
- Provides medical clinic network evaluation for complex LAN environments; desktops; servers; PC; MAC; Printer/Scanner/ Fax
- Determine and understand the types of technical issues medical clinics are experiencing (slowness, application locks up or hangs, expectations, etc.)
- Determine where the problems are: Network [Local LAN, WAN (PPN), Datacentre (EMR DC)]; Desktops, tablets and servers (hardware or software), etc. (e.g. PC; MAC; Wireless; Printers/ Scanners/ Faxes.)
- Assist Senior Analyst with network analysis for LAN and WAN technologies using various tools to identify problems.
- Participate in and may facilitate technical discovery meetings to bring various technical vendors and key stakeholders to a common understanding of issues and action plans.
- Excellent document and technical writing skills to assist in creating procedural documentation (technical education presentations, technical bulletins, simplified technical documents, etc.,) and streamlining various processes where applicable.
- Other job related duties as required by the Technical Lead.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum degree in Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education, training and extensive experience; technical or networking certifications preferred.
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure systems with five to seven years' experience – analyzing, maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting small to medium WAN and LAN infrastructures, workstations, laptops, printers and scanners.
- Very strong, proven expertise in trouble-shooting and addressing problems in local area networks, PCs, servers, etc.
- Experience with remote access/VPN technologies.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), SharePoint and Maximizer CRM.
- Outstanding interpersonal and people management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with clear command of the English language.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A team player that is customer service focused.
- Basic knowledge of EMR technology and BC’s eHealth initiative preferred.
- Experience supporting private medical office settings preferred.
- Must have use of vehicle and valid driver’s license and ability to travel within the Province of BC.
This role is a temporary full time position at a salary commensurate to the role and the candidate’s knowledge, skills and experience. Standard benefits are provided through the BC Medical Association staff benefits program.
Start Date: May 17, 2013 or earlier
Indeed - 16 months ago