The Physician Information Technology Office (PITO) is a physician support program managed under the BC Medical Association (BCMA), with financial support from the Ministry of Health (MoH). PITO assists physicians in adopting technology in daily practice, particularly electronic medical records (EMRs) through both reimbursement programs and direct assistance throughout the process. More information on the program is available at www.pito.bc.ca.
PITO is currently seeking a Practice Automation Coach (PAC) in Vancouver to provide implementation, workflow, and change management support to medical clinics from the point of implementation to optimization of an electronic medical record (EMR) system. The PAC brings a depth of knowledge in clinical workflow, technology, and EMR solutions and plays an instrumental role in guiding a practice through their EMR experience, empowering physicians and staff to make decisions and direct efforts to maximize the benefit from their investment and improve patient outcomes. The PAC role requires sound knowledge of EMR products and services in order to best support clinical practices in optimizing EMR use.
- Supports optimized, sustainable practice change through the use of EMRs, facilitating transition to EMRs based on the individual needs of each clinic practice.
- Acts as an advocate for the practice and individual clinical practice needs related to EMR and technology.
- Identifies root causes of issues and is able to quickly identify an appropriate solution or resource.
- Provides support in addressing EMR-related problems, diagnosing problems in EMR and office workflow processes and proposing possible solutions.
- Encourages efficient and effective use of the EMR, promoting data quality best practices and consistency across the practice; assists the clinic in recognizing opportunities for new or optimized uses of the EMR, and assists and provides knowledge transfer in setting up and adopting advanced features such as use of templates, registries, recalls, and decision support tools.
- Facilitates regular communication with and between physicians on best practices and advanced features in optimizing EMR functionality through electronic email forums, user group meetings, clinic workshops, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Health Services, Health Information Management, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Five plus years of experience in a healthcare role or clinical practice role, particularly related to clinical workflow process redesign and practice processes using EMRs.
- Strong project management and business analyst skills and experience with practice change management initiatives.
- Ability to apply change management principles to a practice, recognizing the dynamics, drivers, and financial/political constraints of a typical practice setting.
- Understanding of EMR vendor services, constraints, and core business drivers.
- Understanding of IT dependency, particularly in EMRs and how IT is applied in clinical practices.
- Understanding of development lifecycle, including usability testing, use cases, and requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Expertise in conflict resolution and ability to build rapport and empower others.
- Excellent coaching and facilitation skills.
- Working knowledge of EMRs and eHealth concepts.
- Proficiency with Maximizer Customer Relationship Database would be an asset.
- Must have use of a vehicle and hold a valid Driver’s License.
- Experience working with physicians in the target recruitment area.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard