The BC Medical Association (BCMA) is a voluntary association of British Columbia's physicians, medical residents, and medical students.
Since 1950, BCMA has been providing financial security to our members and their families; today, we manage over 19,000 policies. In addition to our proprietary BCMA association insurance programs, we offer members individual insurance products from Canada’s top insurance carriers. Our goal is to be our members’ trusted insurance provider.
Our insurance department is growing and we are looking for a dynamic and driven Insurance Advisor to join our team. As this is a salaried position, you have the unique opportunity to exercise your insurance planning skills in an environment that encourages objective advice by eliminating commission targets. The Advisor will be recommending a complete insurance portfolio that may include life, disability, critical illness, office overhead, health & dental, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. Your knowledge in these products will help you to position the proprietary BCMA portfolio against competing products. The Advisor will be conducting marketing campaigns, presentations, and working with our referral partners to generate in-person and phone consultations with prospective and existing members. With the support of our administrators, the Advisor will be responsible for providing a superior member experience.
- 50% - sales activities
- 20% - marketing initiatives and support
- 20% - client servicing and support
- 10% - sales administration
- 1-3 years’ experience in a marketing or sales role.
- Previous training in insurance planning, including disability and life insurance.
- Experienced in meeting with clients, fact finding, presenting solutions, and underwriting.
- Completion of a university or college degree.
- Knowledge in insurance administration an asset.
- Valid Life and Accident & Sickness license in BC.
- RHU, GBA, CFP, or CLU designation an asset.
- Thorough product knowledge of individual life insurance, living benefits and savings products; able to present marketing concepts and solutions.
- Access to vehicle for work purposes and valid BC driver’s license.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Strong communicator with experience in giving presentations to large and small groups.
- Comfortable warm-calling prospects/leads.
- Industry designations or willing to attain designations such as RHU, GBA, CFP, CLU would be an asset.
- Experience with advanced Excel and CRM Maximizer would be an asset.
This role offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
The BCMA thanks all interested applicants for applying; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
The BC Medical Association (BCMA) is a voluntary association of British Columbia's physicians, medical residents, and medical students....