The British Columbia Medical Association (BCMA) is a voluntary association of British Columbia's physicians, medical residents, and medical students.
Since 1950, BCMA has been providing financial security to our members and their families; today, we manage over 19,000 policies. In addition to our proprietary BCMA association insurance programs, we offer members individual insurance products from Canada’s top insurance carriers. Our programs include life, disability, critical illness, and health & dental. Our goal is to be our members’ trusted insurance provider.
Our insurance department is growing and we are looking for a motivated Insurance Administrator to join our team. The Insurance Administrator administers and services the promotion, sale, eligibility, invoicing, premium collection and ongoing maintenance of assigned programs within the suite of 22 BCMA insurance/benefit programs offered to Members.
1. Administers the sale, invoicing, premium collection and ongoing maintenance of BCMA insurance/benefits programs.
- Reviews all insurance applications for accuracy and completeness, monitors ongoing eligibility, processes additions or changes to coverage, and processes terminations.
- Prepares and issues certificates of insurance, benefit statements and other coverage materials to insured plan participants.
2. Responds to Member inquiries and provides ongoing support.
- Researches and responds to Member concerns diplomatically and empathetically, developing solutions, negotiating resolutions with insurers/biomedical collection providers.
- Builds relationships with and manages 3rd party servicing on behalf of Members throughout the sales and claims processes.
3. Promotion of products and Member communications.
- Coordinates and/or initiates the production and distribution of all approved communication materials to insured Members and prospective Member applicants.
- Assists with offsite insurance marketing events and presentations where required.
- Completion of post-secondary diploma or technical training equivalent to 2 years, plus 3 - 5 years of related experience (or an equivalent combination.)
- Successful completion of the Certified Employee Benefits Specialist Program courses – Principles & Applications of Life, Health, and other Group Benefits an asset.
- High level of computer literacy including comprehension of Windows based systems, intermediate level Word and Excel skills and email and internet capabilities.
- Excellent customer service skills, diplomacy & research skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, including computer file management.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with CRM Maximizer would be an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
This role offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
The BCMA thanks all interested applicants for applying; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.