Your passion lies in making a difference. By moving beyond the expected, you help make our world a better place. These values we respect and seek out in employees. Together, we can build our community, foster conservation and deliver clean, reliable energy solutions for today, tomorrow and generations to come.
Being one of the largest electric utilities in Canada and North America, BC Hydro offers challenging opportunities throughout the province.
Duties: The successful candidate will have:
Do you have an outgoing personality, positive attitude, great teamwork skills and enjoy interacting with the public?
Join our BC Hydro Community Outreach team for a full-time four (4) month contract opportunity beginning September 04, 2013.
Community Outreach Representatives attend community-based events across the province, interacting directly with customers about energy conservation. Representatives work together as a team to build relationships with community groups and educate British Columbians of all ages.
Community Outreach Representatives attend a variety of events to support BC Hydro and Power Smart campaigns:
- At outdoor grassroots community events with family-based activities
- At BC Hydro’s various retail partners promoting energy efficient products
- Interacting with employees on energy conservation tips and initiatives at their workplace
- At home and trade shows speaking to customers about BC Hydro programs and energy efficiency for their home
Representatives will also have the opportunity to develop skills in various areas including public speaking, event planning, relationship building and reporting.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- Is a highly motivated, outgoing individual with a positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Possesses strong oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Enjoys public speaking and interacting with the public
- Is currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Has a valid driver´s license with no restrictions (not an "L" or "N" driver)
- Has a minimum of two years’ experience in marketing or customer service
- Is able to travel with overnight stays and work a full-time, flexible schedule, including evenings, early mornings and weekends. A typical work week is Wednesday to Sunday.
This position is affiliated with the Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union (COPE local 378) (www.cope378.ca).
- Job Location: Positions are based in the Lower Mainland (Burnaby, North Vancouver, Surrey), Prince George, and Victoria.
- Compensation: $17.71/hour plus a total rewards benefits package.
- Physical Demands - this job requires individuals to lift, carry and assemble items and displays weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Prolonged standing, bending and reaching during the shift is also required.
- Knowledge of a second language will be considered an asset.
- This position involves travelling with some overnight stays within the surrounding communities and working evenings and weekends.
- A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain your Driver's License: Class 5.
- Include in your application a copy of your ICBC driver´s abstract & claims history - which can be obtained from a motor vehicle branch or by calling Public Information at 604-661-2800 or 1-800-663-3051.
(Incomplete packages will not be accepted. Please ensure your Cover Letter, Resume, References, Driver´s Abstract and Claims History are included)
We thank all applicants for their interest in BC Hydro. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at www.bchydro.com/careers/ by June 26th 2013.
To access the job posting visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox or Internet Explorer. Google Chrome and Safari are not supported. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
At BC Hydro, our vision Powering B.C. with clean, reliable electricity for Generations is about working together to make a difference for the future of all British Columbians. To achieve this goal, we live by our six core values of Safety, Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Service and Ingenuity.