REGULAR FULL TIME
Employee Group: BCGEU
Pay Grade: 10
Salary Range: $20.11 – $21.83 Hourly
The DE Coordinator acts as a resource for staff to support implementation of social and recreational activities to enhance clients' participation in their community. Monitors staff activities to support independence and safety. Maintains and adjusts staff schedules, assigning work to meet clients' needs and in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Therapeutic Recreation Diploma and two years experience in a community setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certificates
- Class 4 driver’s license (unrestricted)
- Preference for experience in scheduling in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of general office procedures and medical terminology
- Knowledge of adult learning techniques
- Knowledge of and ability to do and provide instructions on various arts, sports and leisure activities
- Knowledge of community programs to support program activities, staff and client and to act as a resource for recreation programming
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients and families
- Ability to adapt activities for people with disabilities
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to word process, work in spreadsheets and databases independently
- Ability to develop, organize, coordinate, deliver and evaluate individual and group activities
- Ability to instruct and supervise
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to write program guidelines, protocols and related program documentation
- Ability to implement and use assistive technologies in support of communication and independent living for clients’, e.g. applications for iPads/iPods for people with disabilities
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Appointment subject to satisfactory completion of a criminal records check
For a complete list of duties and qualifications, please see the attached job description:
Application Information: To apply, send your resume quoting competition number C009-12-E in the subject line of your e- mail.
External Applicants: Competition No.: C009-12-E
Closing Date: November 26, 2012
We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Nurture Grow Thrive
Since 1969 The BC Centre for Ability has provided quality programs and services to children, youth and adults with disabilities and their...