Community Inclusion Facilitator
Multiple Positions Available
Classification: Community Health Worker 2
Status: Regular Full-time (Minimum 25 hours weekly)
Salary Range: $18.39 -- $20.11 Hourly
Pay Grade: 8
Employee Group: BCGEU
The Centre's Daily Endeavours program is looking for Community Inclusion Facilitators.
- Assist individuals with disabilities to become active members of their neighbourhoods and communities
- Facilitates the ongoing involvement of family and friends, and to encourage the development of relationships and friendships
- Assists individuals to pursue a variety of activities and help develop individual lifestyles, according to their personal plans
- Assist in all aspects of daily living
- Previous experience supporting individuals with disabilities in the community
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s Licence (Unrestricted)
- Basic knowledge to utilize various augmentative communications systems
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to sustain the physical demands of the position
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to explore community-based activities that match with person served individual support plan goals
Hours & Days of Work: 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Monday to Friday; however, hours may vary according to the needs of the program and client.
Application Information: To apply, send your resume, quoting competition C006-13 number in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please ensure your application package confirms your current First Aid, CPR and Class 4 Licence to be further considered in the selection process.
Closing Date: Ongoing until positions filled.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Nurture Grow Thrive
Since 1969 The BC Centre for Ability has provided quality programs and services to children, youth and adults with disabilities and their...