Community Inclusion Facilitator
Multiple Positions Available
Classification: Community Health Worker 2
Status: Regular Full-time (Minimum 25 hours weekly)
Salary Range: $18.39 -- $20.11 Hourly
Pay Grade: 8
Employee Group: BCGEU
The Centre's Daily Endeavours program is looking for Community Inclusion Facilitators.
- Assist individuals with disabilities to become active members of their neighbourhoods and communities
- Facilitates the ongoing involvement of family and friends, and to encourage the development of relationships and friendships
- Assists individuals to pursue a variety of activities and help develop individual lifestyles, according to their personal plans
- Assist in all aspects of daily living
- Previous experience supporting individuals with disabilities in the community
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s Licence (Unrestricted)
- Basic knowledge to utilize various augmentative communications systems
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to sustain the physical demands of the position
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to explore community-based activities that match with person served individual support plan goals
Hours & Days of Work: 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Monday to Friday; however, hours may vary according to the needs of the program and client.
Application Information: To apply, send your resume, quoting competition C006-13 number in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please ensure your application package confirms your current First Aid, CPR and Class 4 Licence to be further considered in the selection process.
Closing Date: Ongoing until positions filled.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Nurture Grow Thrive