REGULAR PART-TIME (0.50 FTE)
Classification: Administrative Support IV
Employee Group: BCGEU
Pay Grade: 8
Salary Range: $18.39 – $20.11 Hourly
The AIM Program – Opportunities Fund National Project’s goal is to reframe disability and focus on the ability of all individuals. The program strives to facilitate a perceptual shift allowing employers to see the value in attracting, hiring, retaining and promoting individuals with disabilities.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support to the AIM Program. The role is responsible for a variety of functions in support of the program, including scheduling and organizing meetings, preparation of agendas, recording of meetings minutes, and appropriate timely distribution of materials. The Assistant organizes and maintains the filing system, updates the AIM website and provides organizational support to various program events. The position also compiles and maintains a variety of reports and inventories, assists with monthly financial reporting, organizes and handles multiple tasks, and sets priorities.
- Grade 12 plus one year office or business management certificate including specialized computer training such as word processing, information database, email, Internet and spreadsheet software in a Windows environment.
- Three years recent related administrative experience in an advertising, public relations, or marketing environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of standard computer applications (MS Office)
- Preference for knowledge of creative graphic design, web graphics, drawing, and multi-media design.
- Accurately type 50 wpm using intermediate word processing skills
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to develop systems
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar, and accuracy.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, solve problems, and multi-task.
- Ability to calmly and effectively work during periods of high volume, and ability to redirect attention to urgent deadlines that arise unexpectedly
- Ability to effectively work with and provide information, assistance, and communications and marketing administrative support services to the public, partners and program staff
For a complete list of duties and qualifications, please see the attached job description (http://www.centreforability.bc.ca/cms_doc.php?doc=00000518)
Application Information: To apply, send your resume and completed Background Assessment Questionnaire (BAQ), quoting the appropriate competition number C008-12-I or C008-12-E in the subject line of your e- mail.
Internal Applicants: Competition No.: C008-12-I (Current BCCFA BCGEU Employees Only)
External Applicants: Competition No.: C008-12-E
Closing Date: November 19, 2012
We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Nurture ● Grow ● Thrive