- Are you a driven professional looking for your next career challenge?
- Do you have excellent collaborative leadership skills with a thorough understanding of risk management, governance processes and internal audit methodologies?
- Do you thrive with a bit of pressure and deadlines that challenge you for success?
- Would you look forward to an array of outstanding benefits, including four weeks of vacation to start, in-house training/development, and career planning support?
Join one of BC's Top Employers for 2012!
- Attractive Annual Salary: $88,800 – $104,400
- Location: Uptown Office - Victoria, BC
- Competition closes February 8th, 2013 @ 4:30 p.m. PST
About the Opportunity
As part of our effort to remain one of the most respected property assessment agencies in North America, acclaimed for its relevancy and trustworthiness, BC Assessment has developed a strong strategic foundation that clearly describes our value to the provincial government, local governments, First Nations and property owners. Our Strategic Plan describes our desired future state, outlines our strategies for getting there, and clearly states the performance measures and targets under which our organization will be held accountable. The Manager of Audit Services will play a key role in helping BC Assessment achieve its desired future state through the audit activities.
The objective of the internal audit function is to work co-operatively with management and staff to improve the economy, efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of operations. This objective is accomplished through Internal Audit providing an independent assessment of operations, and advising on improvements. The role of the Manager, Audit Services has a dual reporting relationship: functionally to the Chair, Audit & Risk Management Committee of the Board of Directors, and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer of BC Assessment. In addition, the position will be working collaboratively with BC Assessment’s management team to be accountable for developing and implementing annual audit plans that align to significant risk areas of the business. As the Manager of Audit Services, you will provide assurance that BC Assessment delivers on the established strategic goals and the corporate business plan. You will oversee the audit services function and report on company accomplishments to both the Executive Team as well as to the Audit and Risk Management Committee. With your Audit perspective and expertise, you will be central to providing support and counsel on major corporate projects during the planning phase as well as post audit recommendation and implementation advice. Working with various teams and leaders across the company, you will inspire them to find cutting edge methodologies and audit practices that function with efficiency and transparency.
If you have a university degree in business, finance, management (with an accounting major) or equivalent, a recognized Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA), audit certification and related professional membership, and a minimum of five to seven years directly related experience in working in an internal audit, accounting and financial management leadership role, then this is the opportunity for you!
As the ideal candidate, you will have a track record of pre and post audit collaboration and success in conducting and participating in a broad range of audits and reviews including compliance, financial, information systems, investigative and operational/performance audits. You are experienced in contract management and use of external audit services in a technologically savvy, progressive way. With your energy and drive, you possess a strategic orientation, and an ability to demonstrate your audit expertise in a consistent yet flexible way.
Please Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
In the first year, you can expect to accomplish the following:
- Develop a multiyear internal audit program under the direction of the Audit and Risk Management Committee of the Board of Directors, that supports the achievement of goals in BC Assessment’s Strategic Plan;
- Establish a collaborative and working relationship with the Executive Team and management group, that ensures the internal audit program is well supported and understood;
- Develop processes in partnership with the leadership of BC Assessment so that audit recommendations form part of the organization’s business plan;
- Act as an advisor on the implementation of audit recommendations and monitor progress;
- Issue quarterly reports to the Executive and the Audit and Risk Management Committee summarizing the results of audit activities and the benefits derive.
About BC Assessment
Employees are the heart of BC Assessment. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees' contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent - the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia.
BC Assessment is an independent, provincial Crown Corporation that produces uniform and efficient property assessments on an annual basis for all property owners in British Columbia. Our assessments form the tax base for property taxes, which are used by the provincial government and local governments to fund services for citizens and, ultimately, build sustainable communities throughout BC. With our head office located in Victoria, British Columbia, BC Assessment has 16 area offices located in 10 regions in various geographic locations throughout British Columbia.
About the Benefits
As one of BC's Top Employers for 2012, BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental;
- Retirement and Pension Plans;
- Employee & Family Assistance Program;
- Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up Payments;
- Life/Sick Insurance Benefits;
- 4 Weeks Vacation to start;
- Awards & Recognition
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Upon joining the BC Assessment team, you'll find yourself working with a group of friendly, team-oriented individuals who strive to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Best of all, you can look forward to an environment where your skills and experience are truly appreciated and rewarded.
This position is excluded from the Bargaining Unit. BCA intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
Apply NOW! Visit our website: www.bcassessment.ca/careers for how to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with BC Assessment,
however only those shortlisted will be contacted.