Do you have a contagious energetic drive?
Are you flexible in adapting new and emerging technology to communication practices?
Do you thrive with a bit of pressure and deadlines that challenge you for success?
Would you look forward to an array of outstanding benefits, including three weeks of vacation to start, in-house training/development, career planning support and flexible hours?
Are you a passionate and driven professional looking for your next career challenge?
Join one of BC's Top Employers for 2012!
- Attractive Annual Salary: $46,854 to $55,122
- Location: Uptown Office - Victoria, BC
- Competition closes November 7, 2012 @ 4:30 p.m. PST
About the Opportunity
BC Assessment is now searching for a dynamic person who can provide a diverse range of responsive and informative communications services and products to our internal and external customers.
If you are an experienced and passionate professional with a university degree or diploma (certificate) in a directly related field such as communications, public relations or journalism, then this is the opportunity for you! Your two years of related experience in communications, public relations and online or multimedia communications have demonstrated your ability to turn ideas into visual and creative concepts.
Please Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered and travel may be required on occasion for meetings and training.
In the first year, you can also expect to:
- Be integral in fostering internal communications and employee engagement including the ongoing development and hosting of quarterly Open Line executive and staff tele-conferences,
- Support the ongoing development and improvements to the staff intranet (InSite) including home page features and divisional pages that support effective and timely corporate communications and collaboration forums,
- Participate in the 2013 project to rebrand and migrate BC Assessment’s public website to a new content environment (Microsoft Sharepoint 2010) for improved customer service,
- Support strategies for using multimedia to communicate corporate news and strategic planning objectives to staff as well as externally for BC Assessment customers on our YouTube channel,
- Support strategies for using social media to communicate corporate news and strategic planning objectives to staff as well as externally,
- Maintain regular content and updates on BC Assessment’s websites and social media channels with the goal of streamlining information delivery and supporting the development of long term social media strategy.
Finally, you possess the excellent interpersonal skills required to influence, persuade and resolve conflict with others in the organization. Be part of a team that was recently awarded the world’s best Public Information Campaign in 2012 by the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO).
About BC Assessment
Employees are the heart of BC Assessment. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees' contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent - the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia. To find out more about BC Assessment, please click here.
BC Assessment values all property in the province of British Columbia. Our applications and data are used to create an annual Assessment Roll which informs and acts as an important factor for municipal and provincial taxation planning, policy and decision.
About the Benefits
As one of BC's Top Employers for 2012, BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental;
- Retirement and Pension Plans;
- Employee & Family Assistance Program;
- Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up Payments;
- Life/Sick Insurance Benefits;
- 3 Weeks Vacation to start;
- Awards & Recognition
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Upon joining the BC Assessment team, you'll find yourself working with a group of friendly, team-oriented individuals who strive to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Best of all, you can look forward to an environment where your skills and experience are truly appreciated and rewarded.
*please note: The job title of “Communications Officer” is currently under review, and we anticipate the position starting in January, 2013.
This position is within the Bargaining Unit, and BCA intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
Apply NOW! visit our website: www.bcassessment.ca/careers to apply in the following format:
LastName, FirstName- Competition Number 12-31
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with BC Assessment,
however only those shortlisted will be contacted.