Job Title: Quality Manager, Patient Transfer Network
Posting #: EB 13:154 (E)
Job Location: Virtual Way, Vancouver
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Posting Date: September 11th 2013
Expiry Date: September 25th 2013
The Patient Transfer Network is a provincial patient transfer system delivered through a partnership between BCEHS and all Health Authorities. The PTN collaborates with physicians and other health care providers to facilitate the safe and timely transfer and repatriation of patients, of all levels of acuity, between regional health care facilities, provinces, or countries.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of quality, risk management, quality improvement and performance reporting systems and processes to meet performance standards and quality key performance indicators (KPIs) for the PTN. The position monitors and analyzes system quality, clinical transfer performance, performance reporting, clinical transfer trends and identifies areas for system improvement. The Manager escalates trends and issues to the Director of System Improvement.
The position provides quality management expertise and leadership, including continuous quality improvement principles, concepts, tools and methods to the PTN. The Quality Manager is responsible for the design, administration and analysis of customer surveys and PTN accreditation processes. The role provides support for implementation and evaluation of quality improvement programs.
The Quality Manager is responsible for:
- PTN clinical quality audits
- The analysis of individual cases and systemic issues emerging from all cases
- Providing advisory services related to privacy and security standards and developing related policies, procedures and protocols.
- Participating in the development, validation, implementation and evaluation of performance reporting systems and processes for the PTN and transport providers, including BCAS and ASPs.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES / DELIVERABLES
1.Participates in strategic and operational planning activities, budget preparation, initiatives and projects planning, as a key member of the PTN operational management team.
2.Develops PTN patient flow, clinical transfer quality standards and key performance indicators by working collaboratively with PTN leadership.
3.Drawing on best practice and providing leadership in development
4.Implementing and evaluating quality and risk management and quality improvement systems/processes for the PTN.
5.Provides quality management expertise and leadership through participation and leadership on PTN Quality Committee.
6.Works in collaboration with EHSC Quality & Safety leadership and supports the PTN accreditation processes.
7.Analyzes the results by identifying and supporting system improvement opportunities and strategies.
8.Conducts PTN clinical quality audits and responds to escalated cases from Quality Improvement staff. Identifies individual case concerns and systemic issues emerging from all cases. Works in collaboration with PTN stakeholders to resolve risk management issues and to develop system improvement strategies.
9.Ensures the Director of System Improvement is informed of systemic issues as well as escalated individual issues/cases.
10.Provides advisory services related to privacy and security standards, developing related policies, procedures, protocols and complete impact assessments on current business practices and new initiatives.
11.Provides leadership and guidance to staff promoting an environment of excellence, continuous learning, teamwork, and evaluation with regards to quality and metrics.
12.Facilitates resolutions to work issues and conflict, and ensures methods are in place to address employee recognition and morale/motivation.
13.Hires direct reports, supports opportunities for learning and development, and conducts employee performance reviews and initiates disciplinary action as required.
14.Provides 24/7 administration on-call coverage to the PTN on a rotational basis as part of the management team.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing plus a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated expertise in the area of quality management systems within a healthcare context and or equivalent experience.
- Experience with LEAN management methodologies preferred.
- Proven leadership experiences in a management role, and has successfully supervised staff in a unionized environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels, both internal and external to PTN.
- Strong analytical skills, policy development and audit procedures and is a problem solver who works with integrity, adaptability and originality.
- Advanced level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of PC applications preferred.
- Current practicing registration or eligibility for registration with the CRNBC.
Please be advised that an eligibility list may be created.
Apply to https://www.bcbedline.ca/careers.html and click “job postings”