Position: Clinical Educator
Posting #: EB 13:161 (E)
Salary Range: $37.71 – $46.22 hourly rate
Type: Full Time
Status: BCNU (ED2)
Shifts: Days (Monday to Friday, business hours)
No. of Positions: 1
Posting Date: September 11th 2013
Posting Close: September 25th 2013
Web Site www.bcbedline.ca
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED NURSE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
The Patient Transfer Network collaborates with physicians and other health care providers to facilitate the safe and timely transfer of patients between acute care settings ensuring patients are being treated in facilities able to provide the appropriate level of care. The PTN is a coordinated approach to improve the patient transfer system in BC to achieve better outcomes for patients. The PTN will involve collaboration across all Health Authorities and BCEHS.
The Clinical Educator is responsible for providing orientation, training and coaching to staff for all Clinical Transfer Nurses. In collaboration with various subject matter experts, and education stakeholders, the Educator supports the development and revision of course curriculum by compiling course content, drafting and modifying programs/courses as required. The Educator supervises the activities of, and provides feedback to learners while they are in the orientation/training program and ensures the trainees are able to provide safe and effective service. The Educator ensures that all educational materials adhere as appropriate to CRNBC standards, and reflect PTN policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES / DELIVERABLES
1.Drafts and/or revises course curriculum, user manuals, reference guides, evaluations and
self-help tools to support the education and training process and objectives and to reflect current business processes, policies, guidelines and protocols and CRNBC standards.
2.Using adult learning principles delivers orientation/training and supervises the activities of trainees while in the classroom; coaches and role models skills individually or in groups and ensures program objectives are achieved.
3.Provides ongoing planned or just-in-time support or refreshers as requested and appropriate.
4.Assesses and monitors the progress of Clinical Transfer Nurse staff during the training period including transitioning from the classroom to the call centre through observation and case reviews. Coaches and recommends approaches for improvement and conducts regular feedback on trainee progress.
5.Provides input to PTN leadership and training team to assist in the creation of learning and development plans for nurses that are post orientation/training.
6.Collaborates with the training team and scheduling department to establish scheduling, replacement and buddy needs for trainees and communicates attendance and changes as necessary.
7.Identities and reports common learning difficulties and recommends training approaches and course content improvements to address issues. Implements identified changes in policies and guidelines.
8.Provides recommendations into recruitment and retention strategies and continuing education initiatives for staff, based on training experience, observations and feedback.
9.Maintains clinical competency and call-taking eligibility, which includes taking calls as required when escalation or other processes are implemented.
10.Supports consistency in feedback by participating in case/process review meetings with quality management, operations and other staff and identifying concerns and making recommendations for efficiencies or consistency. Identifies and recommends enhancements for the efficient use of call taking processes.
11.Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
Baccalaureate degree in Nursing plus two (2) years of recent training experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Experience in curriculum development, delivery and evaluation an asset. Familiar with PTN operations and processes. Current registration with the CRNBC.
- Ability to teach, coach, mentor, role model and provide clinical support.
- Ability to utilize various computer programs with intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint & Excel.
- Ability to provide and/or develop resource materials, including educational materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to establish and maintain a rapport with others.
- Ability to lead a group and motivate others.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to determine education/training needs of employees and formulae learning objectives.
- Ability to research medical/professional-related topics on the Internet.
- Ability to assess trainee performance and progress and to provide feedback.
- Knowledge of training evaluation process, design and implementation, testing and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of adult education and instructional principles, practices, technology and techniques and group process skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Apply to https://www.bcbedline.ca/careers.html and click “job postings”