Responsible for profitably selling the company’s supply chain logistics, freight forwarding services and project logistics support services to the marketplace and contributing to the growth of the company’s customer base. The position requires a highly self-motivated salesperson with a background of sales success in the logistics or transportation marketplace. You will engage and develop new customers through direct sales activities, inside sales, networking events, industry partners and contributing to marketing initiatives.
The successful incumbent will be highly self-motivated and ambitious, with strong relationship building skills, a strong networker; client needs assessment, solution design, and presentation skills. You must be proficient in the logistics industry to be successful in this position. Your operational knowledge will help you build credibility when speaking to potential new clients.
- Keeping current with industry trends, technology and information as it may be applicable to BBE’s improvement or growth.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through: educational workshops or courses, reviewing trade publications, establishing professional networks, participating in societies or trade organizations.
- Stay apprised of local market needs and opportunities
- Identification of potential customers through research, networking, trade shows and other events.
- Acquiring and maintaining a thorough knowledge of the BBE’s suite of services, competitive advantages, value propositions and key resources.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and promotional opportunities.
- Qualify potential customers based on our capability to service them effectively. Identifies the needs, wants and requirements of each potential customer.
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Sales, Commerce, Logistics, Transport or Supply Chain Management;
- Professional sales training and in-depth understanding of the process is required;
- 3-5 years of related business to business or industrial sales experience required;
o Quoting, B2B Sales Experience and Inside Sales
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and CRM system experience;
- Additional education specific to the industry such as CIFFA certification, would be advantageous.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Exceptional communication skills and a tenacious, persistent personality required for successful performance in this position;
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to multi-task;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Willingness to travel;
- Strong ability to gauge market trend, change and demand.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Braden-Burry Expediting Ltd. (BBE) has provided northern logistics services since 1977. The company began providing its services to mineral...