Position Title: Human Resources/Training Coordinator
Base: Edmonton, AB
Reports to: Director of Operations / President
Job Description: The individual in this position will be responsible for Corporate, Field and Operations Human Resource coordination and execution. The incumbent will take ownership of the entire Human Resource process from coordinating the needs of the Company with input from the leadership team. Additionally, this position will support operations through the coordination of the Company training program. This includes H&S aspects, performance culture and company policies. The qualified candidate will need to be able to balance input from various departments and be able to create job specific training modules and adapt them into a standardized format. The training program will need to partially classroom as well as partially online to ensure that the material is absorbed by the team. Once the program is developed the candidate will also maintain the training schedule to ensure all team members at all bases remain current.
- Manage the scheduling, hiring, logistics, time-capture, communication, and approvals of the project staffing branch.
- Develop and coordinate the Corporate and Operations recruiting and hiring processes
- Provide Human Resources advice to the Corporate and Operations teams
- Actively participate in the Company’s Safety Management program and demonstrate knowledge of employee responsibilities regarding safety
- Ensure attain a full understanding of Transport Canada regulations and abide by them while maintaining all necessary records and standards
- Instill a high level of Customer Service and Performance Culture throughout the corporation, while leading by example
- Work directly with various staff members, and Managers to get required information
- Maintain accurate record keeping as required by various government agencies and Company policies
- Develop training and implementation programs for all staff.
- Develop basic hiring and orientation packages that can be implemented as ‘Train the Trainer’ programs for each operational base.
- Ensure that all workplace issues, including barriers to high level customer service, are brought to the attention of the Management team.
- Perform all other responsibilities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Human Resources training and at least 5 years’ experience in a Human Resource role
- Effective interpersonal skills dealing with a fast paced environment
- Ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Creative and innovative while still keeping with the Company standards
- Self-motivator capable of starting and completing project with little direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under stressful time-constraint circumstances
- Travel may be required, must have valid Passport
- Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant (must be able to meet Transport Canada Security Clearance Regulations)
- Clear criminal record
- Two or more years customer service, airline or logistics experience is considered an asset
- Understanding and background in Customs regulations and Transport Canada cargo regulations is considered an asset
- Previous training or teaching experience is considered an asset
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Braden-Burry Expediting Ltd. (BBE) provides logistical support throughout Canada. BBE is a subsidiary of NorTerra Inc.: a holding and a management company jointly owned by Inuvialuit Development Corporation representing the Inuvialuit of the Western Arctic and Nunasi Corporation representing the Inuit of Nunavut. NorTerra Inc. and its subsidiary companies provide preferential employment and career development programs for its Inuit and Inuvialuit beneficiaries.
By submitting your resume you agree that it may be shared amongst NorTerra’s subsidiary companies (Canadian North Inc., Northern Transportation Company Ltd., Weldco-Beales Manufacturing Inc., Braden-Burry Expediting Ltd. and Northern Industrial Sales Ltd.)