BBD is a national Administered Benefits Agency. We administer employee benefit programs that are distributed to employers through independent, group-focused insurance agents. With approximately 2,700 corporate clients, we are dedicated to serving the small and medium sized group market across Canada. We have offices in Port Coquitlam, BC, Kingston and Mississauga, Ont..
BBD is seeking an experienced person to join our development team on a full time based out of the Kingston office.
The primary responsibility is to develop a Java J2EE Swing application while working on a Scrum software development environment and team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, design, code, test and deploy applications for your project and
- Track and resolve 2nd tier bugs while working with Networking and end-users
- Track code changes, issues, documentation and resolutions for your project and
- Perform end-user training, as needed, as part of a team member of an agile project
- Need to contribute in varying degrees, your knowledge towards maintaining and
- changing your respective projects' architecture
- Continuously review and comment on all your projects processes in a constructive
- and iterative manner
- Be a constructive team participant at all times
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience coding Java J2EE applications
- 3+ years experience coding using Swing
- Experience in using code repository systems, with experience using Git an asset
- Experience on an agile software development team, experience as a Scrum
- Ability to analysis, make recommendation and implement process improvements.
- Experience in a business to business environment;
- Be a hands-on team player, goal oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Independent self-starter who is confident, enthusiastic and is driven to succeed;
Indeed - 22 months ago