BASF Canada, a leader in the global markets of chemical manufacturing and distribution, has an immediate opportunity in the Mining Solutions business unit, Edmonton, Alberta for a
Mining (Tailings Management) Technical Specialist
The primary role of this position will be to provide technical support for tailings management business development in North America and assist field personnel to accelerate the identification and development of valid opportunities for tailings technologies. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Making technical presentations to support sales
- Designing and conducting test work and field trials, preparing reports and presenting to customers and key industry contacts during sales calls and at industry conferences
- Supporting account managers on larger technical studies and assisting with completing related reports in a timely manner
- Training account managers on laboratory and test procedures for product selection, application methods, and process optimization
Approximately 50% travel within the region is expected in support of the customer’s technical needs. Some international travel outside of the North America region may be requested.
The successful candidate will have at minimum an undergraduate Chemistry degree or Chemical Engineering degree in Mineral Processing or Metallurgy and 7 years’ experience working in the field of solid-liquid separation in the mining and mineral processing industries. Advanced degrees will be considered a strong asset. Additionally, you will possess the following:
- Knowledge of acrylic polymer chemistry as it relates to water soluble polymers used for liquid solids separation
- Mineral processing process knowledge, including, thickening, concentrating, tailings disposal
- Strong interpersonal skills relating to sales and account management
- Ability to make technical presentations to varied audiences (i.e., technical & non-technical)
- Ability to set priorities in a dynamic work environment
- Discipline and ability to operate autonomously with minimal supervision
To the right individual, we can offer an excellent benefits package, a competitive
compensation and incentive plan, and training opportunities. If you meet the requirements and are interested in joining this progressive organization that focuses on quality and customer commitment to excellence in all business areas, please submit your cover letter and resume on-line, reference EV/GN-Edmonton.
"You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength."