Bookkeeper / Administration Assistant
Full-time position - Join a well-established, growing company, close to home and become a key member of a great team with well managed business systems and technology.
Ideal Candidate is positive and energetic, and a highly organized team player.
2-3 years working experience required in A/P, A/R, fundamental Accounting procedures and inventory control, with proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) or similar accounting system and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Accounting / Bookkeeping Diploma or Business Administration Degree
- Process Accounts Payable – Reconcile purchase orders and packing slips with inventory received. Post and Print payables cheques, and maintain filing system.
- Accounts Receivable management - Post cash receipts, prepare bank deposit, mail customer invoices and collection calls.
- Answer telephone and direct calls to appropriate person when sales staff is busy
- Assist with month-end closing tasks – bank and GL account reconciliations and inventory stock transfers.
- EFT processing
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to focus and maintain pace and accuracy of work in a busy office
- Ability to communicate professionally and concisely with customers and team, by phone, email and in person, is very important
- Must be proficient and quick with keyboarding and business office software & computer systems
- Solid experience and working knowledge of Accounting and Bookkeeping procedures, reconciling accounts and maintaining accurate transaction records in a 15 or more person business
- Must be detail oriented, consistent and even-tempered and one that gains fulfillment from providing great service to the team and customers and being relied upon for their expertise.
Compensation based on experience
Hours - Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
Please respond with cover letter, resume, and three employment reference contact names and phone numbers. Due to time constraints only qualified applicants will be contacted for follow-up and interviews. Thank you for your interest in BARR Plastics!