BAR Engineering has an opportunity for a Junior Document Controller.
This position reports to the Drafting Manager and works closely with Project Engineers and clients to complete, maintain, store and transfer data. The Document Controller processes all project official documentation (includes engineering/technical, correspondence, project management) generated by the company and clients to be stored in Document Management System.
Specific responsibilities will include;
- Process transmittal of information between Company and client
- Liaise with clients and customers as required
- Compiles complete document(s) from multiple sources
- Rigorously apply and uphold version control and work within deadlines
- Interpretation and incorporate of reviewer comments as they apply to document revisions
- Distribute, receive and control the project related documents
- Support the Drafting Team, Project Engineers and clients to create and modify project specific document control procedures
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications;
- High school diploma
- Business or Office administration certificate or diploma is considered an asset
- Minimum 6 months previous Document Control experience is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office / SAP / Sharepoint.
- Experience in use of spreadsheets, database, word processing and job specific software
- Methodical and well organized approach to the work environment
- High degree of customer service with a can do attitude
This position is a one-year temporary position to cover a maternity leave.