Bankers Petroleum Ltd. is a Canadian-based oil and gas exploration and production company focused on maximizing the value of its heavy oil assets in Albania. Our Company is targeting growth in production and reserves through application of new and proven technologies by a strong experienced technical team.
Due to continued growth our downtown Calgary office is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to enhance our dynamic, team orientated workplace.
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Development, this newly created role is fully responsible for the modelling of projects and the building and maintain of a full economic capital model that ties directly into financials.
- Performing risk based economic evaluations to evaluate the economic feasibility of projects, thereby facilitating the investment decision making process aligned to the business drivers.
- Integration of risks into economic evaluation to support decision-making.
- Economic and scenario building conducted within Mosaic
- Economic analysis that supports the investment decision for exploration and appraisal activities.
- Prepare cost analysis, both historical and forecast, with supporting documentation.
- Collate data, prepare economic models.
- Support the development function by delivering economic analysis that supports the investment decision for primary and secondary development activities.
- Prepare economic runs for screening and project decision gates.
- Market and commodity data research collection, analysis and preparation of various reports for presenting at different levels of management, the board of directors and investors.
- Maintenance of the project economic forecast database and individual project look-back analysis.
- The ideal candidate would be a 5-10 year engineer with an economic analysis background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance or equivalent is required, preferably with an accompanying MBA.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in the oil and gas industry preferably in operations, technical, business analysis, financial, commercial and related field.
- Knowledge of and in depth experience in economic modeling in technical programs such as Mosiac is essential.
- Work well independently and also within a matrix team.
- Strong IT literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point and Mosaic) and a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Good conceptual and integrative thinking
- Highly numerically inclined with strong analytic and coordination skills
- Self-motivated and can adapt to changing priorities.
- Works well in ambiguous environments.
- Working closely with corporate executives and senior managers, interacts comfortably at all levels of the organization with strong presentation and public speaking skills.
If you are looking to join a growing, fast paced company with a team of talented, skilled professionals, please submit your resume in confidence.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all who apply for their interest in Bankers Petroleum.
Indeed - 5 months ago