Bankers Petroleum Ltd. is a Canadian-based oil and gas exploitation and production company focused on maximizing the value of its heavy oil assets in Albania. Our Company is targeting growth in production and reserves through application of new and proven technologies by a strong experienced technical team.
We are looking for a Human Resources professional to coordinate our Human Resources requirements. This position will be the lead Human Resources role for Bankers and will provide leadership/mentorship to the Human Resources Manager in Albania and one assistant in the Calgary office. This is a Calgary-based position reporting directly to Bankers' CFO and Executive VP Finance and requires occasional travel to Albania. Travel will require a 10-14 day commitment once or twice a year.
- Collaborate with the Albanian Human Resources Manager with regard to all human resources/employment legislation issues
- Corporate strategic recruitment and selection plan
- Participate in interviews and recruitment process
- Ensure compensation and benefits package is competitive with industry and market standards
- In conjunction with managers and the Albanian Human Resources Manager, develop and implement a performance measurement process
- Assist the Albanian Human Resources Manager with the development of training programs for the Albanian staff
- Coach managers on personnel development requirements/measures
- Review, recommend and implement changes to existing corporate policies, procedures and processes
- Advise senior management about human resources initiatives relative to corporate short- and long-range goals, objectives and policies
- Foster and promote a positive corporate culture that aligns with corporate goals and objectives
- Ensure applicable employment legislation is adhered to at all times
- In collaboration with the Albanian Human Resources Manager, create a human resources data management system for all offices
- In collaboration with Health, Safety, Social and Environment, ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the safety of all people associated with Bankers' operations
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree in human resources, business or related fields
- CHRP designation is preferred
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible experience and success in delivering HR services, ideally with an oil and gas background having international operations
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with external providers and contacts
- Solid project management skills
- Effective coaching, conflict management, problem solving and communication skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills, and ability to multi-task effectively
- Broad practical experience and knowledge of business strategies and functions
- Senior knowledge of HR strategies and concepts
If you are looking to join a growing, fast paced company with a team of talented, skilled professionals, please submit your resume in confidence.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all who apply for their interest in Bankers Petroleum.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -