Bankers Petroleum Ltd. is a Canadian-based oil and gas exploitation and production company focused on maximizing the value of its heavy oil assets in Albania. Our Company is targeting growth in production and reserves through application of new and proven technologies by a strong experienced technical team.
Our downtown Calgary office is seeking a Human Resources Advisor to support and enhance our dynamic, team orientated workplace. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager and providing support and interacting with all Head Office, Expat and Albanian HR employees, the primary responsibilities of this position will be to prove human resources support to the organization.
- Provide recruitment assistance including posting, resume screening, conducting prescreens, interview booking, reference checking and offer preparation.
- Assist with preparing documentation required for work permits..
- Act as liaison for skills training and career development.
- Responsible for the preparation of all documentation related to HR.
- Maintain employee database, files and organizational charts.
- Accurately produce HR paperwork reflecting staff changes with regards to hires transfers, promotions, relocations etc.
- Responsible for benefit administration.
- Assist in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures.
- Administer the annual Performance Appraisal program.
- Work collaboratively with the Albanian HR department to provide seamless service to the internal client base.
- Act as the first point of contact for all employee general questions and requests.
- Responsible, in conjunction with a member of the Albanian HR team for producing a monthly newsletter.
- Responsible for employee onboarding.
- Provide support to the CFO and Finance department as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Human Resources, Commerce or similar discipline is required.
- Have or working toward a certification in CHRP is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years, preferably 5, direct human resources generalist experience, preferably in an international environment, is required.
- Effective time management, prioritization and organizational skills are essential to success in this role.
- Ability to work accurately, with superior attention to detail while working in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Advanced skills in the use of databases, spreadsheets and word processing packages.
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are looking to join a growing, fast paced company with a team of talented, skilled professionals, please submit your resume in confidence.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all who apply for their interest in Bankers Petroleum.