Bankers Petroleum Ltd. is a Canadian-based oil and gas exploration and production company focused on maximizing the value of its heavy oil assets in Albania. Our Company is targeting growth in production and reserves through application of new and proven technologies by a strong experienced technical team.
Due to continued growth our downtown Calgary office is seeking a Contracts Specialist to support and enhance our dynamic, team orientated workplace. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the successful candidate will support the Supply Chain Manager to develop and deliver techniques, practices and procedures for contract formation and administration in a manner that best protects company interests.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preparation of all Master Service Agreements, Consultancy Agreements and other service related Contracts (non-traditional).
- Responsible for contract change management (process, standard forms, etc).
- Pro-actively ensure that the contract renewals are initiated in a timely manner.
- Responsible for escalating near-term and overdue contracts.
- Preparation and mailing of contract renewal documents for the Stakeholder/Discipline teams as requested. Interaction with the professional services and accounting teams as required, ensuring the accuracy and validity of contract information.
- Prioritization of tasks to ensure that critical items (i.e. renewals, billing updates) are completed prior to general administration (i.e. filing).
- Communicate effectively with Contractors and internal Stakeholders/Disciplines.
- Train and mentor the Contract Administrator.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration with certificate in Supply Chain Management, Law, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in contracts, procurement, supply chain, logistics, managing contractors or other contract related matters.
- Experience with Document Management, process efficiencies and data quality.
- Experience with mapping out contract management best practices and workflows.
- Comfortable with negotiating contractual terms and conditions.
- Experience in working on International jurisdictions for Contracts is preferred.
- Effective at prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities in the daily workload.
- Able to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
- Must have the ability to travel internationally on an annual basis.
If you are looking to join a growing, fast paced company with a team of talented, skilled professionals, please submit your resume in confidence.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all who apply for their interest in Bankers Petroleum.
Indeed - 15 months ago