Bankers Petroleum Ltd. is a Canadian-based oil and gas exploration and production company focused on maximizing the value of its heavy oil assets in Albania. Our Company is targeting growth in production and reserves through application of new and proven technologies by a strong experienced technical team.
Albania offers a moderate climate, located across the Adriatic Sea from Italy and just north of Greece. Albania’s central location offers a unique starting point to explore the Balkans, the Mediterranean, and both Western and Eastern Europe.
Due to continued growth, Bankers has a new Construction Supervisor/Inspector position open. This position would be on a 28/28 day rotation.
Reporting to the Facilities Engineer in Albania, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination, inspection and quality control of construction work.
- Supervise a number of Albanian crews simultaneously completing various facilities and construction projects
- Review projects for detailed construction plan requirements
- Build a strong working relationship with national contractor crews and mentor them
- Provide construction and field experience in facilities and construction projects from initial scoping through construction and commissioning/start-up
- Provide input and expertise to operations on day to day facility issues
- Evaluate and determine resource requirements to complete tasks
- Ensure work is completed in a safe, efficient and expeditious manner
- Responsible for documentation and reporting of incidents
- Review and approve contractor invoices
- Prepare construction expenditure updates and forecasts
Skills and Experience
- 15+ years of oilfield construction supervision
- Must be able to read, interpret, and fully understand drawings and P&ID’s
- Broad understanding of oil field operations and an understanding of facility and production processes
- Knowledge and experience in building variety of oil & gas facilities (pipelines, facilities, SWB’s, Injection/disposal sites, tanks, pumps installs, as well as a knowledge of materials)
- Ability to complete simple sketches, drawings and as-builts
- Must be a qualified welder or have been a qualified welder in the past
- Ability to handle a large number of crews on numerous projects concurrently
- Civil construction experience (road building, lease building, etc.) would be an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume in confidence.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all who apply for their interest in Bankers Petroleum.