BAE Systems Applied Intelligence

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team and interesting projects
Test Team Lead (Former Employee), LeedsMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: the management outside the delivery centre
I was in near the beginning of the Delivery Centre set up in Leeds and was impressed by the calibre of people who were brought in and that I was able to bring in to my team.

Over the three years I worked there improvements were always being sought by those in the Delivery Centre and often achieved despite rather than because of the management outside – more... of the delivery centre.

The Delivery Centre now has better processes and the desire and authority to improve further. There's a lot of momentum for improvements and a lot of great people who want to make those changes happen. – less
Working in the SOC
Senior SOC Analyst (Former Employee), LeedsMarch 1, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, prestigious name
Cons: management, training, career progression, lack of process
Bae systems applied intelligence is a strange place to work. People who work there fall into 2 camps. The type of people who amble along and have no drive, as such they stay for years moving between departments and most management in the soc lack external business exposure. The other type of person has drive, sees areas that need improvement and raises – more... issues but unfortunately due to management nothing ever progresses. I was told by my manager that "bae systems detica is one of those places where people hit a 3 month block, they either work through it and live with the madness or they leave". Staff working in the soc are unhappy due to poor management, staff resourcing issues and the fact that there is no training/career progression unless they move to Guildford. In the soc, only 2 members of staff have been there more than 18 months. Turnover of staff is high due to poor working conditions. The salary and benefits are very good however you will find yourself asking "is it really worth the money". The staff members in the soc are a really good bunch of dedicated workers but it's unfortunate that due to the management, they choose to leave. I was mis-sold a job when I went for interview so when I started my job, I was told to write documentation on how to configure security devices and make changes on customer estates. Nowhere near what I was employed to do. Also, make sure you read your contract thoroughly, I was told at recruitment and interview stage there was no on call or on shift work yet management "gave me an old contract so I am required to be on call". Also meant to have 30 days notice for covering a shift but colleagues were given 1 days notice and expected to work it. Good luck working here, you'll perhaps stay 3 months before you decide whether it's for you or not. I was looking for alternative employment after 2 months. – less
Good as a temporary job.
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 31, 2014
Constant changes and gruesome IT issues. Never ends. Very poor management. However, employees are nice and benefits are great.
Exciting Work
Project Manager (Current Employee), GuildfordMay 29, 2012
Pros: interesting work
Cons: ever changing management
Always new fast paced projects to work on.
Enhanced my Project Management and Third party skills.
Knowledgeable teams.
Great atmosphere, hard workers, interesting challenges.
Production Project Manager (Current Employee), Guildford, Surrey, UKMay 7, 2012
I enjoy working at Detica, the hours are sociable but everyone works really hard while they're there. They're happy to give plenty of responsibility to new graduates (sometimes even too much), but you always feel like you're making a good contribution. Love my co-workers, they're all so passionate about what they do.

About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence

The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help our clients to protect and enhance their critical – Read more