BAE Systems Applied Intelligence

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Employee Reviews

Typical large company workplace culture
REGIONAL DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Guildford26 June 2017
BAE Systems is a large defence contractor and as such it is a rather rigid company, but well structured and great potential to learn and grow in your role.
Typical Enterprise Environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY2 June 2017
As a software engineer, there is constant red tape, meetings, and general apathy on anything that needs to get done. The office culture is completely non-existent.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
No one really seems to care about anything outside of earning a paycheck
Great
Sr. Vice President Software Engineering (Current Employee) –  London, UK27 May 2017
Great Place. Good people. Interesting Work. Good culture. Great training. International. Prestigious client base. Global opportunities. Very process rich.
BAE Systems had a very good work dynamic
Senior Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO8 May 2017
The team I worked for was like a well oiled machine and everyone was willing to assist on another. The work schedule was flexible and very limited on call work.
Pros
good salery and beneifits
Cons
loss of business to competetors
Work and life balance
HR Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur16 April 2017
It is a valuable experience for me to have been working in a big multinational company. I also had fun during my working at the company as my team leader and teammates are supportive and cool, but we all were committed and focused to our tasks. The company gives importance to work life balance. Hence, we were all seem to have a good stress management and time management. We also manage to maintain good relationships among the employees in the company as we have social events once a month or once in two months.
Pros
Flexible time
Great team and great environment
Professional Services, Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO28 March 2017
I learned a lot from this company and the environment, especially in managing projects. It was a great team with lots of support. Although the business was beginning to get less and less busy during new technology transitions, it was still full of opportunities to learn.
Pros
Excellent team and environment
Cons
Business beginning to decline
Working at BAE
Administrative Assistant, Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA15 March 2017
I am currently working at BAE Systems. The company culture is great. We have perks. Each week we get fresh fruit and soda.
The people are very friendly.
The hardest part of my job is that there is a lot of down time. That is the main reason that I am looking for a new position.
Pros
Soda and Fruit
Cons
Not busy enough
Excellent company and work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey17 January 2017
Everyone's experience of a company is different.
I had a rocky start where I was supposed to start in Gloucester but due to clearances or lack of as a graduate I found myself sent to Guildford. I spent a gruelling year and a half travelling there but what kept me going was the work and the team I was working with. I would not change it for the world and eventually moved there to retain the role I found.

That start may have out put people off but you have to remember that it is a consultancy, it's part of the job description (not to mention written into the contract that you may be made to travel).

The culture I have always found to be friendly and considerate of abilities and levels. There are plenty of good quality corporate events and opportunities to socialise.

All round it was a great place to start my career and I have (and currently continue to) thoroughly enjoy my time there.
Professional
Project Management/Support/Analyst (Former Employee) –  California, MD13 December 2016
The atmosphere is centered around total professionalism and performance. Good ethics is a must to work in the DOD environment.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Contract dependent
Good work life balance.
Results-driven Territory Management professional (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA17 November 2016
Relocation is not covered, structure is often changed, goals are volatile, management could be more engaged. Company benefits and travel/events are well planned and spare no expense.
Not much to say about this one
Senior Cyber Presales Engineer Americas (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL24 October 2016
The product in itself was a great concept. They tried to take to a commercial market and it was not ready. The installations floundered but they kept moving ahead. You had to use your own credit card for travel and it would take three months for reimbursement.
Flexible and encouraging workplace
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  London and Guildford14 October 2016
I have learnt an incredible amount in the last six years. Having started as a fairly junior developer, I am now leading an international team. The environment is challenging and you are surrounded by people that you can learn from.
Pros
Free kitkats and fruit
Cons
Great company to work with. Great working environment.
Network Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VA20 September 2016
Reviews have become a regular part of our online search routine. Similar to how people use reviews to make a purchase, plan a trip or choose a restaurant, job seekers also reference them as they research potential employers. A career change is one of the biggest decisions we can make, which is why 83% of people say employer reviews impact where they apply.
Challenging.
JAVA Developer (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 July 2016
Taken on as a Java Developer and learnt lots of good procedures such as formal code reviews, Agile and unittesting.

Following that many developers got moved through into a new support department. The training on what we were supporting was not really sufficient to do the role effectively, it was difficult to find effective help within the company, making the role hard.

If you like challenges and working harder than is probably good, you may like this place.
Pros
Air conditioning & good coffee
Great work place, Great People, Great Culture
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  London England16 June 2016
At BAE, my colleagues are amongst the most intelligent people I have worked with throughout my career in consulting. BAE is a dynamic company and having the flexibility to work from home, at times, is a good benefit.
Stepping Stone for Better Things
IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC17 May 2016
My department in Internal Audit was a revolving door of unknowing applicants that quickly find opportunities anywhere else that is hiring. Audits are disorganized with the goal of finding issues, not at bettering the company's processes or security posture, and the department has a bad reputation among others in the company. This is something you might expect within Internal Audit, but this disdain you receive at this company is exponentially worse. Aside from the problems of this department, the company is generally still very fragmented from the larger BAE Systems as a whole, so you feel very much that you are working at the 400-employee SilverSky with no room for advancement or cross-channel opportunities within the larger company. Management tends to only be concerned with their own management responsibilities and no one is concerned with the problems within IT Audit, nor the larger problems or outlook of the company as a whole.
Pros
Regular work hours with no overtime expected, Industry standard benefits, Accessible office location to both Raleigh and Durham
Cons
Departments function independently, Management is not transparent, No remediation of problems, Half-baked acquisition with parent company ready to dissect and sell you off to the highest bidder
Terrible Senior Management
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  London22 March 2016
My time at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence was good during the early years when it was Detica, however over time it has become more bureaucratic and penny pinching.

Strict rules have been enforced to cheat people out of bonuses even if they are performing very well (just not exceeding expectations) and you cannot trust anything a senior manager tells you unless it is in writing.

Also you cannot be promoted unless you brown nose the required individuals, it's not enough to just do your job well and carry out tasks required of the level above.
Pros
Good salary and usually good social life
Cons
Bureaucratic, distrustful senior management, brown nosing required for promotion
Summary
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  London21 March 2016
Good company with a good work/life balance.

If course this depends on the role, and the clients you may be working with.

The people at the company are generally likeable and smart
Fantastic company to work for
Front of House Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station26 November 2015
BAE was a great company to work for, it had good working ethics and believed in their employees.
I had a fantastic working background with my co-workers, this also included building friendship's outside of work.
Pros
free lunches, great people to work with and a very nice working enviroment
Cons
La gente es estupenda y los proyectos interesantes
Consultor (Current Employee) –  London, ENG4 September 2015
No hay un dia tipico - es bueno. Últimamente ha habido un cambio de enfoque en el negocio de productos de seguridad cibernética, y menos de un énfasis en la consultoría.
Pros
Trabajo interesante
Cons
La paga es por debajo del estándar de la industria

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Our community is ready to answer.