BAE Systems Applied Intelligence

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Employee Reviews

tell you later now just let me go
tell you later (Former Employee) –  tell you later14 January 2018
1. Highly motivated, efficient and determined to continue learning valuable skills
2. Self Starter, Responsibility,Honesty,Self-motivated and Hard working describe my work ethic.
3. Strong communication both written and verbal and strong interpersonal skills.
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
Pros
asas
Cons
asas
Brilliant coworkers
Strategic Operations Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO12 January 2018
I've never had the good fortune to work with as many brilliant and skilled people before coming to BAE (formerly SilverSky). The camaraderie of this group is the best part of working here.
Easy going and friendly work place
Deployment Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NC2 January 2018
Laid back relaxed environment with standard cubicle office set up. Management typically had a good idea of what was going on, with the exception of when the company decided to go through layoffs. The pay for the position was a little on the low side, however I personally learned a lot from my position and the pay was equal to my knowledge base when I started with the company.
Pros
Free breakfast items (fruits mostly), free soda machine, great benefits
Cons
Low pay, Clueless management pertaining to lay offs
I prefer not to comment
VP - Financial Crime/ Cyber Defence (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 November 2017
Typical day at work ensuring included ensuring the global team, prospects and clients received superior attention and that our value and goals aligned with the corporate values and goals. Also global cooperation amongst all verticals laterally and horizontally. I learned what I want in a company and career and what I do not want. I learned the need to integrate culture properly and the extreme need for proper communication top down. The management structure was very poorly defined and through acquisition created numerous issues due to the lack of skillful planning as well as the wrong people at times in the Executive and Board. leadership. The hardest part of the job was making sure the Executive Team who most had never worked in parts of the industry we served understood why we needed to focus on the correct things and not boil the ocean in order to scale. The result of such actions impacted other financial areas while maintaining key leadership roles in others. The most enjoyable part of my job was the collaboration globally to get things done in a timely, professional manner, public speaking, governmental engagements and cross collaboration amongst venders as well as channel partner management.
Pros
Remote Employment, Salary commenserate to my industry experience
Cons
I prefer not to comment
Ongoing company restructuring hitting productivity and ineffective go to market strategy
Delivery Management, Americas (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA21 November 2017
A company with a huge amount of potential to dominate in the markets it chooses to. Poor execution across the business of a strong company strategy which has led to decreased morale, reduced productivity, and the weight of success falling on a small number of highly committed individuals.
The organization structure being put in place for 2018 will put the company on a much more positive track, and despite the difficulties over the past couple of years, at it's core this is a good company to work in with lots of opportunities.
Pros
Flexible working, free drinks, fruit, generous paid US vacation allowance, health coverage, 401k match
Cons
Staff morale, no bonus payouts last few years
A relaxing fun place to work
Sports and Leisure Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, Greater London14 November 2017
This was by far one of my favorite jobs.
Dealing on a day to day basis with on site staff.
Total running of the sports club.
Event days for past veterans was a high light for me.
Pros
Cons
Non
Arbejdsplads i forandring
Site Operations assistent (Former Employee) –  Nørresundby, Aalborg kommune31 October 2017
Firmaet lukker deres danske afdeling, så det er svært at skrive en retgivende anmeldelse.
Productive and Fun Place with a Ping Pong table
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VA10 October 2017
A great learning experience
Very Supportive boss
Management seems to change direction quickly
Colleagues are very helpful
Most Enjoyable part: Flexible hours and remote working
Great products and solutions for customers
Pros
Free fruit and beverages
Cons
beltway traffic
Tough time
Lead Network Architect (Current Employee) –  NC4 October 2017
ITs been busy day always. But no career advancement. Lack of business clarity make it more of frustration. This causes more work and waste of man hours.
Good people
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey4 October 2017
Day to day I work with some really great people in my team. They make me proud. It's what makes it all worth it. Hopefully this is a team which will go on for a long time!
No comments
Human Resources Advisor (Current Employee) –  McLean, VA18 August 2017
I have no comments at this time for make about BAE Systems.
There is nothing I have to say about the company. I should not have to make comments about a company if I chose not to.
Great platform to build a career
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  London1 August 2017
Great company to work for, with great people and strong purpose.
The company is not so good at IT integration but overall a fantastic place to build a career
Typical large company workplace culture
REGIONAL DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Guildford26 June 2017
BAE Systems is a large defence contractor and as such it is a rather rigid company, but well structured and great potential to learn and grow in your role.
Typical Enterprise Environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY2 June 2017
As a software engineer, there is constant red tape, meetings, and general apathy on anything that needs to get done. The office culture is completely non-existent.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
No one really seems to care about anything outside of earning a paycheck
Great
Sr. Vice President Software Engineering (Current Employee) –  London, UK27 May 2017
Great Place. Good people. Interesting Work. Good culture. Great training. International. Prestigious client base. Global opportunities. Very process rich.
BAE Systems had a very good work dynamic
Senior Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO8 May 2017
The team I worked for was like a well oiled machine and everyone was willing to assist on another. The work schedule was flexible and very limited on call work.
Pros
good salery and beneifits
Cons
loss of business to competetors
Work and life balance
HR Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur16 April 2017
It is a valuable experience for me to have been working in a big multinational company. I also had fun during my working at the company as my team leader and teammates are supportive and cool, but we all were committed and focused to our tasks. The company gives importance to work life balance. Hence, we were all seem to have a good stress management and time management. We also manage to maintain good relationships among the employees in the company as we have social events once a month or once in two months.
Pros
Flexible time
Great team and great environment
Professional Services, Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO28 March 2017
I learned a lot from this company and the environment, especially in managing projects. It was a great team with lots of support. Although the business was beginning to get less and less busy during new technology transitions, it was still full of opportunities to learn.
Pros
Excellent team and environment
Cons
Business beginning to decline
Working at BAE
Administrative Assistant, Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA15 March 2017
I am currently working at BAE Systems. The company culture is great. We have perks. Each week we get fresh fruit and soda.
The people are very friendly.
The hardest part of my job is that there is a lot of down time. That is the main reason that I am looking for a new position.
Pros
Soda and Fruit
Cons
Not busy enough
Excellent company and work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey17 January 2017
Everyone's experience of a company is different.
I had a rocky start where I was supposed to start in Gloucester but due to clearances or lack of as a graduate I found myself sent to Guildford. I spent a gruelling year and a half travelling there but what kept me going was the work and the team I was working with. I would not change it for the world and eventually moved there to retain the role I found.

That start may have out put people off but you have to remember that it is a consultancy, it's part of the job description (not to mention written into the contract that you may be made to travel).

The culture I have always found to be friendly and considerate of abilities and levels. There are plenty of good quality corporate events and opportunities to socialise.

All round it was a great place to start my career and I have (and currently continue to) thoroughly enjoy my time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Our community is ready to answer.