BAE Systems Applied Intelligence

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible Senior Management
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), LondonMarch 22, 2016
Pros: Good salary and usually good social life
Cons: Bureaucratic, distrustful senior management, brown nosing required for promotion
My time at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence was good during the early years when it was Detica, however over time it has become more bureaucratic and penny pinching.

Strict rules have been enforced to cheat people out of bonuses even if they are performing very well (just not exceeding expectations) and you cannot trust anything a senior manager tells you unless it is in writing.

Also you cannot be promoted unless you brown nose the required individuals, it's not enough to just do your job well and carry out tasks required of the level above.
Summary
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), LondonMarch 21, 2016
Good company with a good work/life balance.

If course this depends on the role, and the clients you may be working with.

The people at the company are generally likeable and smart
Fantastic company to work for
Front of House Receptionist (Former Employee), London Bridge StationNovember 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great people to work with and a very nice working enviroment
Cons: none
BAE was a great company to work for, it had good working ethics and believed in their employees.
I had a fantastic working background with my co-workers, this also included building friendship's outside of work.
not that great
Senior Creative Recruiter (Former Employee), LondonFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: most of the people in the specialist team are awesome
Cons: management
brought in to work on specific roles then once they dried up given a poisoned challis to look after that was totally out of my extensive network and expected to hire directly without any tools.
Fun and Aspiring Company
Global Site Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Guildford, Surrey, UKJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: staff reward schemes and the working enviroment and company culture
I really enjoyed working for BAE i worked as part of a team that pulled together to make our day to day working day run smoothly and any problems we encounted we all helped to overcome.

The work ethic was great we worked hard and i felt passionate that we worked for a company that does so many good things to protect the world from threat.

I socialised with my team outside of work and we had a very strong work ethic but also enjoyed taking part in company social activities.
Exciting projects and dedicated team
Software Developer (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great people, exciting work
The UKDC is an excellent place to work with a variety of interesting projects and roles. The people around you are highly talented and work as a team to overcome challenges to deliver innovative solutions.
During my time the delivery centre has moved forward greatly, this is down to the teams drive.
You will go a long way if you have the passion and the willingness to go the extra mile and move forward with the company. The difference I made was recognised throughout and rewarded as part of the Thank you awards the company runs every month.
Working in the SOC
Senior SOC Analyst (Former Employee), LeedsMarch 1, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, prestigious name
Cons: management, training, career progression, lack of process
Bae systems applied intelligence is a strange place to work. People who work there fall into 2 camps. The type of people who amble along and have no drive, as such they stay for years moving between departments and most management in the soc lack external business exposure. The other type of person has drive, sees areas that need improvement and raises issues but unfortunately due to management nothing ever progresses. I was told by my manager that "bae systems detica is one of those places where people hit a 3 month block, they either work through it and live with the madness or they leave". Staff working in the soc are unhappy due to poor management, staff resourcing issues and the fact that there is no training/career progression unless they move to Guildford. In the soc, only 2 members of staff have been there more than 18 months. Turnover of staff is high due to poor working conditions. The salary and benefits are very good however you will find yourself asking "is it really worth the money". The staff members in the soc are a really good bunch of dedicated workers but it's unfortunate that due to the management, they choose to leave. I was mis-sold a job when I went for interview so when I started my job, I was told to write documentation on how to configure security devices and make changes on customer estates. Nowhere near what I was employed to do. Also, make sure you read your contract thoroughly, I was told at recruitment and interview stage there was no on call or on shift work yet management "gave me an old contract so I am required to be on call". Also meant to – more... have 30 days notice for covering a shift but colleagues were given 1 days notice and expected to work it. Good luck working here, you'll perhaps stay 3 months before you decide whether it's for you or not. I was looking for alternative employment after 2 months. – less
Good as a temporary job.
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 31, 2014
Constant changes and gruesome IT issues. Never ends. Very poor management. However, employees are nice and benefits are great.
Exciting Work
Project Manager (Current Employee), GuildfordMay 29, 2012
Pros: interesting work
Cons: ever changing management
Always new fast paced projects to work on.
Enhanced my Project Management and Third party skills.
Knowledgeable teams.
Great atmosphere, hard workers, interesting challenges.
Production Project Manager (Current Employee), Guildford, Surrey, UKMay 7, 2012
I enjoy working at Detica, the hours are sociable but everyone works really hard while they're there. They're happy to give plenty of responsibility to new graduates (sometimes even too much), but you always feel like you're making a good contribution. Love my co-workers, they're all so passionate about what they do.
La gente es estupenda y los proyectos interesantes
Consultor (Current Employee), London, ENGSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: Trabajo interesante
Cons: La paga es por debajo del estándar de la industria
No hay un dia tipico - es bueno. Últimamente ha habido un cambio de enfoque en el negocio de productos de seguridad cibernética, y menos de un énfasis en la consultoría.
Headquarters