BACCHUS Law Corporation combines top talent with entrepreneurial spirit to provide innovative legal services to new and emerging companies. We offer employees a unique and challenging environment where creativity and determination are rewarded.
We currently need an experienced paralegal to assist with both litigation and corporate records. We are looking for a self starter requiring little supervision, with strong organizational skills and the ability to handle competing time demands. This position suits someone with a strong background in litigation who is interested in transitioning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Compile, review, organize, list and manage litigation documents for client files;
- Provide assistance to lawyers in managing documents within litigation support software system;
- Organize and assemble document briefs, chambers records, books of authorities, trial binders and other litigation related documents;
- Draft various pleadings and correspondence; Schedule various meetings and court dates;
- Participate in client meetings, discoveries and mediations as required;
- Conduct searches, carry out investigations and research through internet and other means;
- Obtain and index cases from QuickLaw and other sources;
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience as a Litigation Paralegal;
- Formal Paralegal education and training from an accredited institution preferred, or a combination of formal Legal Assistant training and Paralegal experience is required;
- Strong technical aptitude with advanced technical skills in MS Office, and experience working with litigation support software;
- Demonstrated leadership experience, able to oversee others in a work group;
- Strong understanding and familiarity with various litigation legal precedents and procedures;
- Dedicated to providing quality service to clients and consistently meet expectations by providing service beyond expectation;
- Strong ability to manage multiple internal clients and remain productive within a time-sensitive and fast-pace environment;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions; and
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision.
Salary offered: $38K, 5 weeks vacation, benefits
To apply for this position, please send your application to E-mail Address.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 21 months ago