*Reports to: Global Director, IT
Reporting to the Global Director, IT this position is responsible for providing Desktop IT support to B+H Architects employees located in our Vancouver, Calgary, and Seattle offices.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- PC-based application support, maintenance and upgrades
- Supporting hardware & software matters pertaining to users & network systems
- Setting up and installing PCs
- End user orientation
- Maintaining records and adhering with security practices
- Working on IT projects with Systems Manager
- Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting and supporting desktop computer systems, hardware and peripherals
- Deploying, maintaining, and configuring, workstations, laptops, printers & peripheral equipment.
- Resolving computer and network issues while ensuring system/data integrity is maintained
- Maintaining back-ups, restoring files as required and ensuring back-up media rotation stay on schedule
- Maintaining hardware warranties and keeping hardware and software inventory up to date
- College diploma or equivalent in related field
- Minimum 1 year technical experience in a Windows business environment
- Exposure to Windows servers
- Communication and customer service skills, willing to learn and grow
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills and approach with the ability to prioritize and organize in a fast-paced environment
- Solid knowledge of Windows, PC hardware and common Windows applications (MS Office, anti-virus, etc)
- Able to work independently and with little supervision
- AutoCAD, REVIT, DELTEK and FILEMAKER PRO an asset
- Experience in Architectural/Engineering industry an asset
- Flexible for overtime and on call
- Must be able to travel between Vancouver, Calgary, and Seattle on a monthly basis.
This position operates under minimal supervision. Timesheets, overtime and vacation must be approved by the IT Director.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations to Ngan Nguyen, Human Resources Manager. No phone calls please.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard