*Job Title: Accounting Assistant – P/T
Reports to: Controller
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia*
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recording accounts payable and employee expenses; Preparing and printing cheques - estimated hours per month 20.0hrs;
- Amex and TD visa reconciliation report - estimated hours per month 2.0hrs;
- Preparing and recording monthly project expense invoices - estimated hours per month 15.0hrs;
- Updating, reconciling, project contracts, and maintaining project summary reports. Addendums, correspondence and closing documents - estimated 5.0 hrs. per month;
- Filing/archiving for accounting department - estimated hours per month 3.0hrs;
- Other accounts receivable / GL reporting to cover Controller vacation - estimated hours per month 15.0hrs.
- Ability to work during core business hours, 2-3 days per week. Ideal for someone transitioning back to the workforce, after a leave or otherwise, who wants to work approximately 15 hrs/wk total.
- At least 5 years’ experience in General Accounting – previous experience in a Professional Services firm strongly preferred
- 3rd or 4th year CGA
- Must have knowledge of Canadian GAAP; project/cost based accounting, and commodity tax filing requirements.
- Experience with Percentage Complete revenue recognition would be an asset
- University Degree or College Diploma, preferred
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel (sumifs, pivot tables, data comparisons), and proficiency in other MS Office software
- Experience of project accounting systems. Experience using Deltek Vision would be an asset.
Timesheets, overtime and vacation requests must be approved by the Controller.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard