This is a permanent full time position located in Thompson, Manitoba
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba requires a highly qualified individual with several years of demonstrated experience to manage, direct and control a wide range of financial and accounting functions and to ensure proper financial systems are accurate, efficient and consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In addition, the successful incumbent will play a key role in the development, implementation of a strategic business plan to meet the Agency’s finance department’s objectives, goals, and reporting requirements.
Incumbent must be willing to travel.
- Professional Accounting designation in good standing, Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), CGA, CMA or CA required.
- Must have progressive and extensive knowledge and experience in negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare financial reports, audits and financial analysis.
- Must have proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in developing business partnerships and working relationships.
- Experience in Management and supervision of personnel
- Knowledge of CFS legislation would be an asset.
- Knowledge of, or adapts quickly to accounting programs such as, Families and Children Tracking System (FACTS) and/or Accpac
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook
- Effectively manage multiple deadlines/projects/tasks.
Knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions and fluent in a First Nations language would be an asset.
Awasis Agency must conduct a Criminal Record Search, Prior Contact and Child Abuse Registry Check prior to finalizing the appointment of the successful candidate.
Salary: Salary will commensurate with education and experience
Closing date for applications: Friday, March 29, 2013
Please submit a cover letter identifying your qualifications with a resume AND three (3) letters of reference from a previous employer to the attention of:
Human Resources Coordinator
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
201-274 Smith Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1K1
Fax: (204) 987-9489
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.