We are looking for a talented, ambitious, and driven individual ready to learn and to shape the future of high tech. As part of an elite team, you will design and develop automated test infrastructure, determine and prioritize test cases, and implement both automated and manual tests. This role is most appropriate for a creative problem solver with quality assurance experience and the desire to continuously improve our products and processes.
Avvasi’s Xperium platform is a scalable, carrier-grade platform for mobile video analytics and optimization planning services. It analyzes streaming media traffic in aggregate for large IP networks. The platform is a highly-available, managed, upgradable bladed system that houses a large amount of computing capacity. The software is architected to be high-performance, fault-tolerant, and linearly scalable.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
- Analyzing product capabilities, working with product marketing, engineering and sales to determine and prioritize appropriate test cases
- Working closely with the rest of the software development team to contribute to the software requirements and design
- Implementing fully automated unit, functional, and system tests
- Manually testing software products using exploratory testing techniques
- Developing automated test infrastructure required to implement reliable automated regression tests
- Contributing to best practices in software testing, test automation and quality assurance processes
- Interfacing with project team on high level issues including test scheduling and associated risks as well as test scoping and associated risks
Your level of responsibility will be shaped by your abilities, drive and ambition. Our expectation is that you will become an actively contributing member of the organization from day one.
The candidate should have demonstrated experience in software quality assurance for external products. Specific requirements include:
- Experience developing structured and maintainable automated tests and test automation infrastructure
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance process including test strategies, test-plan development, and test cases
- Experience with Linux installation, administration and maintenance
- Programming experience with high-level scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Ruby
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and related analysis tools such as tcpdump and wireshark
- Experience developing test plans for networking systems is an asset
- Experience with ATCA and/or other networking equipment is an asset
The candidate should also satisfy the following core requirements:
- Highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem solving
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical planning capabilities, as well as ability to prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Avvasi is an award-winning company that is helping service providers assure, improve and monetize video service delivery over mobile and fixed networks. Service providers are deploying Avvasi solutions on the Xperium platform in order to measure and understand the network impact of new devices and changing subscriber usage patterns, as well as to plan and dimension network expansion, while reducing subscriber churn and maximizing revenue. Based in Waterloo, Ontario, Avvasi is a venture-backed, privately held company.
We value, live by, and actively encourage diversity, respect, intelligence, creativity, and fun, underpinned by a strong work ethic and a disciplined approach. Your responsibilities will be shaped by your abilities, drive, and ambition. Your passion will be critical to Avvasi’s business success and culture.
Avvasi offers competitive salaries plus stock options and excellent health, dental, vision, and disability benefits. All positions at Avvasi have opportunity for innovation, advancement, and success.
If you feel you have the ability and motivation to play a key role in a visionary technology start-up, considered the thought-leaders in a rapidly-growing market, we'd love to talk to you.
Come and help us build a great company together!