Avon Employee Reviews in Canada

Representative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 26, 2012
Typical day at work:
- part time
- socialize with customers
- deliver books and orders
Hardest part:
- finding time to deliver orders
Pros
discounts
Cons
takes time to build your business
Alot of fun and lots of products
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  QuebecAugust 16, 2012
Interacting with customers on a daily basis. Lots of fun. Got to try alot of the products they sell.
Pros
no set schedule
Interesting products to sell
Avon Rep (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, British ColumbiaAugust 14, 2012
Productive and fun workplace with products for sale. Worked independantly in selling products and delivering them to the customer. Learned to Multi-task. Management was really understanding. Co-workers were always there to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was delivering the products Didn't have a car, had to deliver the products on foot.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the prouducts delivered on time.
Pros
working on my own
Cons
delivering the products by foot.
Work From Home!
Independent Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2012
I have been selling Avon for the last year to suppplement my income. I really enjoy it, as I work at my own pace and you really get out of it what you put in. My DM is always available when I need her, as well as other Reps if I feel that I am having a difficult time. As a part-time career, you really get to set it aside to focus on achieving work/life balance. The hardest part is constantly keeping my name out there, bringing in new clientele, because I can be very shy, however I feel the best sense of satisfaction when I am able to come through for those clients who have allergies, or experience skin sensitivity, or those who really just want my honest opinion and it turns out for the best!
Pros
set your own hours, work from home
Cons
involves a lot of brand selling.
fun working environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2012
you plan your day in your own
you learn knowing people and dealing with them
the manager do the followup
and the team is great you meet at the meetings or at the products presentations
the hardest part is recruding new sales representatives under yourself
the enjoyable part is proping the brochures and discribing the products to the customer.
Great Products
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 17, 2012
Even though I had gone around to customers and told them about AVON's products to sell them, not only did it make me realize what I may need, but I also realized who else needs these products. With the amount of information I have with those products, I could probably sell more than I can imagine. The knowledge that you have with the products is what makes sales. The hardest part of the job is to keep finding more customers to make sales. The enjoyable part is that AVON products keeps the customers satisfied.
productive and fun dealing with client
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2012
working in avon is fun and meeting people who are beauty conscious
Pros
free samples and discounts in all items
Cons
flexible time
Nice Place to work
Finished Goods Planner/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  montreal, qcApril 17, 2012
I learned many things at Avon
Loyalty
professionalism
hard work
meeting great people
team work
diversity
Pros
location
Cons
not much flecxibility
Great to get discounts on needed household items.
Representative, PCP, and Leader (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 16, 2012
I work my own hours. I've learned a lot about managing my own business and preparing for taxes. I have the best District Sales Manager and Support person I could ever ask for. The hardest part of my job is to motivate my team members and get them as excited about selling and leadership as I am. I enjoy meeting new people and providing customer service.
Fabulous opportunity to earn recognition!
District Sales Manager - Ontario (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Responsible for profits and expenditures for 1.5 million dollar district.
Turn around specialist in motivating, recruiting, training, sales presentation and seminars.
Day to day activities varied which made job fantastic.
Opportunities to develop professionally and personally were immense.
Pros
earn fabulous trips around the world
Cons
introduction of multi level sales
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 23, 2012
This was a side job, that enabled me to socialize with my community, all my products where mailed to me and I cashed the profits that I made as I received a percentage in my bank account.
Pros
meeting lots of people's needs and flexible hours
Cons
less customers in my community
Avis général
Conseillère à la vente (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QCJune 8, 2016
Avon est une compagnie qui ne donne aucun avantage à être vendeur chez eux, sauf un 15% de rabais sur tout achats. Cepandant, ces produits sont de qualités.
Recruter, former et motiver les représentante
Recruter, former et motiver les représentantes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 18, 2016
Tres belle expérience ma donner la chance de prendre de la confiance en moi
Beaucup d'heures pour pas grand chose
aide vendeuse (Former Employee) –  résidenceApril 27, 2016
J'aidais surtout ma mère et je voulais prendre de l'expérience dans la vente
chez-moi
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QCApril 22, 2016
Je travaille chez-moi alors l`horaire est flexible.
Je rencontre toute sorte de gens.
J`ai appris les soins de la peau.
Manque souvent de produits en catalogue.
Pros
Travail chez-moi
Cons
Pas payent
travail sur la route et a domicile
Gérante de district (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCApril 20, 2016
très bonne compagnie avec beaucoup d,exigences beaucoup d,heur
pour le salaire recu
Travail agreable
Assistante (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 14, 2016
Je travaille a temps partiel ce qui me convient vu que j'etudie en parallele. Je m'occupe des emails, passer des appels je suis donc un peu une secretaire.
Travail axé sur les relations interpersonnelles
Gérante de district (Current Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QCMarch 31, 2016
Avon est une compagnie dont les relations sont axées sur le respect et la confiance.

La responsabilité première d'une gérante de district est de continuellement trouver de nouvelles représentantes indépendantes afin d'assurer une croissance de son district.

La prospection est donc un élément clé du succès mais la gérante de district doit aussi s'assurer de bien former, coacher et perfectionner les représentantes afin qu'elles atteignent leurs propres objectifs et ainsi s'assurer une meilleure rétention du nombre de représentantes actives dans son district.

La gérante de district est responsable d'atteindre les objectifs de vente, de croissance du nombre de représentantes indépendantes et de représentantes leadership, du pourcentage d'activité c'est-à-dire le nombre de représentantes qui passent un commande à chaque campagne et de la commande moyenne des représentantes de son district.

J'ai beaucoup appris au niveau du leadership et du coaching. Puisque la gérante de district travaille en collaboration avec des représentantes indépendantes, le leadership et les relations interpersonnelles sont très importants.
Il faut savoir que la gérante ne travaille pas avec des employés avec qui elle a une relation hiérarchique ou d'autorité, mais avec des travailleuses autonomes qui choisissent de s'engager dans leur entreprise à leur convenance. Je dois donc m'assurer d'être attractive et motivante dans mes activités quotidiennes avec les représentantes. Que ce soit lors d'une formation individuelle ou de groupe, un coaching sur une compétence, une activité de recrutement
  more... ou autre. Je dois m'assurer que mes suivis sont constructifs et motivants pour la représentante.

L'aspect le plus valorisant de mon travail est le sentiment de fierté que je ressens lorsque je vois une femme s'épanouir à travers son commerce Avon. C'est la plus belle récompense!
Pros
Gestion de mon horaire, voiture fournie, bonus sur performance, plusieurs incitatifs de motivation
Cons
Depuis, quelques années Avon Canada est en difficulté financière et, selon moi, il y a risque de fermeture.
excellente entreprise
Adjointe administrative (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCMarch 24, 2016
les associés sont bien considéré, programme avantageux pour les associés, possibilité d'avancement, formation continue, horaire flexible
Horaire accommodable selon notre mode de vie
Travailleur autonome et persévérant (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QCFebruary 19, 2016
Je fais mon propre horaire, je trouve ma clientèle, je rentre les commandes, je fais valoir les produits.
Nous sommes entraîne au début de notre carrière, par la suite, c'est nous même qui nous organisons, mais nous avons toujours accès a quelqu’un de disponible.
C'est difficile de monter les échelons et de faire une clientèle.
C'est agréable d'avoir un horaire flexible.
Pros
possibilité d'augmenter les échelons
Cons
La conseillère ne nous suis plus longtemps après avoir débuter, donc nous sommes laissé à nous même.