Avon

Avon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
saleing products
representative (Former Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: some customers not wanting to buy products
its fun at work meeting new people.i learned to be successful in retail.manager is the greatest and kind soul.co-workers also nice.the hardest part was people saying not interested in buying stuff.the most fun has to be meeting new people.
Senior IT analyst (Former Employee), Warszawa, MZAugust 4, 2014
Pros: 8 hours
Cons: no lunch voucher, 30 mins break
I logged in and started to process the e-mails and receiving the incoming calls from UK and South Africa. There were 6 people in the team. All of the were polish except me. They were nice persons.
Avon is a good company.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: company car, great people
Avon is a good company. It just wasn't the right fit for me. The people I worked with were wonderful. The pay was average for this type of work.
I did not feel that the goals for prospecting were very reasonable.
I am a hard working, responsible and loyal employee.
AVON REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Pelham, NHAugust 4, 2014
I enjoy working independently, however, I communicate with customers on a daily basis. I answer their questions and concerns as well as taking product orders.
Terrific to work with people to people contact-also servicing.
Avon sales Represenative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: i was shy and this job helped me interact with people.
Cons: making sure the right product was delivered.
It was a on the job training,I created my own system.I distributed at first 60 books for customers to look over,met some customers introduced myself and sale products,offered samples.Returned in three days to see if they would like to order or if they had questions.Took orders,then returned in the second week to collect money and deliver orders.I made – more... sure they were happy with the order.Repeated this process.I learned about the person and their family-also their likes and dislikes.Management was there for me with questions on products and guidance when I needed it.I enjoyed interacting with people and servicing their needs. – less
meet new people
avon rep (Current Employee), nottinghamJuly 31, 2014
Pros: can work hours i want to
i can work any hours i want to as i am my own boss. i have met new people as i deliver my avon books and products to the customers.
A great company to work for
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: setting your own hours, getting to throw demos and parties, large community of co-workers, special deals and discounts for reps
Cons: the local market can be oversaturated which makes it hard to find new customers, pay is unreliable and completely dependent upon the number of customers & orders you have, sometimes you put more money into the company than you get out of it
Typical days for me when I was working involved filling out my brochures and cards for when I would go customer scouting, looking up new products so that I would have relevant recommendations for customers, and checking my Representative website for new customers or orders. If I had just done a customer scout, I would follow up with phone calls.
fun and different
Avon representative (Former Employee), ENGJuly 30, 2014
I had to take catalogues to customers homes and then when they had ordered I'd pick the catalogues back up and order the products for the customers, when they would arrive i'd deliver the products and collect the money.

Doing this job I learnt a lot about being organised as I were responsible for peoples products and the money collected.

the hardest – more... part of the jobs was working alone and the most enjoyable part was making customers happy. – less
productive
sales leader assistant (Former Employee), Batangas City, 04AJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hour no break time
good
i had learned to communicate with all types of people
good
they are friendly and very much willing to help with other people
Challenging environment and work
Area Leader, Operations (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJuly 29, 2014
Pros: varying duties
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
This was a challenging place to work. My co-workers were helpful and pleasant and the atmosphere was good. The management team did my expectations most of the time, and it is overall a great place. There is a struggle with employee engagement, but the management team does put the effort into correcting this.
Have to be very extroverted or know the right ones
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pryor, OKJuly 29, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: sketchy people
Got good discounts and good products, but the hassel of people ordering then not paying, picking up, or changed their minds and dealing with the shipping returns was annoying, but i liked when the shipment came in and did the ordering for books and samples.
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Baxley, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: try product samples for free
To make sure my customers were satisfied. I will knock on people doors to sale any products that interest them. I will advertise Avon.
Great people
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), westminsterJuly 28, 2014
You were your own boss so what you sold was totally on you, I had a great client base but to me you had to sell so much product to even make enough money,. I sold it because I liked the product and the people I sold to
productive and fun workplace
sales leader (Current Employee), Midrand, GPJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free brochures
Cons: no order, no commission
we meet every Thursday to submit new application and discuss on how to improve our district with more sales.the hardest part of it is that if you dot recruit or your existing representatives do not place orders to a total of R6000 including myself and pay their accounts before due date then i wont get paid and the enjoyable part is that with Avon there – more... always incentives and you get a commission for placing an order – less
exciting, self-employed job
sales representative (Current Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: discounted products/demos
Cons: commision based pay
work on selling products from brochures. Learned how to keep customers happy and from leaving. The hardest part of the job is finding customers. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
working from home in your own time
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJuly 27, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: commision only
working from home in my own time is the most enjoyable part of this job, the communication from your team leader is always good. The hardest part of the job is sorting huge orders and encouraging people to buy each month.
Flexible
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Sheffield, ENGJuly 27, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: working with the family
I helped put the orders in the bag and deliver to customers my part of the job is to put the orders onto the computer to send off and to match the products to the correct order form, and then sometimes. It was nice to work alongside my parents but at times it put unwanted stress on us.
Independent Self - Employment
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicopee MAJuly 26, 2014
I was an Independent Sales Representative for AVON. Setting up my own business was awesome. Being able to set goals and accomplish them was very gratifying. I was able to reach number 88 in the nation in sales out of 560,000 ISR's. Setting my own hours and business guidelines taught my a lot. Dealing with as many customers as I had taught my patience – more... and service skills. Hardest part of the job was when the 50+ cartons of product arrived. Sorting for redistribution was time consuming and labor intensive.

I ended the business to work for benefits. Independent benefits are very expensive. – less
productive
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2014
loved it just didn't like going out in the heat everyday. pay was great and some people was out standing.
Sales Representative
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYJuly 25, 2014
My Own time
Drving around going Door to Door for Sales, Advertisements

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more