Avon
1,859 reviews

Avon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great to work on your own and from home, but lacks challenges.
Avon Representative (Current Employee), DealDecember 3, 2014
Pros: some cheaper make up products.
Cons: pay is low and varies every month. not something to rely on.
I have learnt basic salesman skills while working with Avon, I enjoy working from home and fitting the job around my everyday life. The downside is that this job lacks any challenges, which is where I thrive. Good starter job though, or as an extra as the pay really varies.
Hard working with good compensation
Undisclosed (Current Employee), Rye, NYDecember 2, 2014
Hard work, many times not recognized by direct management. But the compensation is good and benefits are good. They support training and encourage it. Co-workers are great socially.
Customer Service
Customer Care (Former Employee), Morton Grove, ILDecember 1, 2014
Pros: customer was out sourced to india
Cons: just the best company you could ever work for.
Avon is a wonderful company. I have learned and I was able to grow with the company. It is a well know company. Answered calls, processed price adjustments, and tracked orders.
Very Flexible
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGNovember 29, 2014
Pros: can work from home
Cons: have to be self motivated
Very flexible, can work from home so doesn't interfere with studies. I can set my own targets and can ring up my team leader if I need support
the was no one to oder anyone around. if you dont want to work its your problem no one elses
sales representative (Former Employee), Pretoria-Wes, GPNovember 28, 2014
Pros: you work your own hours
Cons: having no basic income
it was difficult getting clients at some point because when times are hard people are not spending money on cosmetics. that meant no or little pay for me
nice way to get out and meet new people
Door to Door Sales (Current Employee), Perth, WANovember 26, 2014
not enough clients to make a decent living
I walk around dropping off magazines an then go back a week later to collect and see if anyone has ordered anything
Enjoy selling
DIRECT SELLING (Former Employee), General Santos CityNovember 26, 2014
Pros: freebies
Cons: always have bad debts
I started become a direct seller when I was still a student.
What was hard about it was my customers were almost students and not earning. They only pay from their allowances.
But I learned to extend my patience when it comes to collecting receivables that I have to wait patiently whenever their allowance arrives.
The most enjoyable part was the percentage – more... I was getting is the one I pay for the items I bought for myself. – less
Amazing highs and some lows
Area Sales manager (Former Employee), WLSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: car, bonus
Cons: chasing orders and recruiting
Every minute of everyday is different. You are helping to make a difference to people lives while growing your personal targets. Excellent bonus's. Hardest part is engaging with 400 staff. Most enjoyable part is seeing people achieve their goals and winning yours of course.
Excellent diverse team
Avon Rep./ District Assistant (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 23, 2014
Pros: traveling meeting new people
Cons: temporary assignment
Always something new to look forward to. A new challenge everyday.
I learned how work the new systems that Avon had, learning new skills in management. As the Assistant to the DSM it was very exciting to meet new people daily and building healthy relationship with them, learning the new products and sales tips. The hardest part of the job was doing – more... majority of my work from home, the most enjoyable aspects of the job was being able to travel and do more hands on techniques. – less
excelent
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Caguas, PRNovember 21, 2014
It is a very good company here grew as a professional and all the tools and knowledge that I carry with me was because of the opportunity it gave me professional crecimeinto Avon. No complaints, the reason for which it was allow me to move to live in Florida.
very nice co-workers. flexible work schedule
Sr. Inventory/ Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2014
Enjoy the lunch time together and company parties were fun and free sample of beauty products.
Unrewarding
Avon Representative (Former Employee), King's Lynn, ENGNovember 19, 2014
Pros: not many hours
Cons: not enough money
I found it very hard to make money from this job because of where i live, not many people wanted to buy any products meaning i found it hard to achieve the minimum amount needed (£80). The money you get from this job will really depend on where you live.
Productive and fun workplace which allowed alot of opportunity for growth.
Career Representative 1 (Former Employee), Springdale, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: closed christmas and new year's eve and christmas and new year's days
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day for me at Avon for me was great. I got along with my Supervisors and Co-workers which always made the work day go well. Unfortunaley, I was effected by a downsizing in the company which affected the department that I was in . However, I learned alot of good valuable things and skills with Avon in which I feel will be very helpful – more... in whatever new job position that I attain. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to work from home and become a virtual agent. Although, I loved working around my peers, being able to become virtual made if less stressful for me to have to come in during times when there was bad weather. I enjoyed working for the company but am excited about a new opportunity to work and learn new skills from another company. – less
Part time work at home
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee), WORK FROM HOMENovember 19, 2014
Pros: no pressure and work at home
Cons: no training
I did this part time from home and frankly did not put much effort into the work.
Fun working from home
Sales representative (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible and good products
Cons: unpredictable salary as commision based
Very varied, some door to door sales and selling to family and friends/. Had good support from the Regional Manager and very well organised company with good products at a good price.
Not a good fit for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 18, 2014
It just wasn't a job for me. I liked being my own boss, but at the same time it was hard to meet up with the quotas by myself. I was buying more than I was selling and I was younger than so I didn't have the mindset I do now.
Avon isn't for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hammond, INNovember 18, 2014
Cons: not a lot of people buying.
I realized that I am not a sales person. I did not build me clientele. It was a waste of time.
Productive and Fun
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Taunton, ENGNovember 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: delivering books or orders in the rain
Avon is a great job to fit around other commitments and you get to meet new people and make new friends.
I guess the hardest part of the job, not that it is, is making sure you put in the orders correctly on your avon web page and maybe chasing up customers that avoid paying for products they have ordered.
I enjoy this job as its easy and you can make – more... money from it with hard work, keeping your regular customers happy is the main key and often giving them free samples of products for sale can increase your order with them. – less
Beauty and Brain
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), FTanedo Tarlac City, PhilippinesNovember 16, 2014
The typical day here is when there's much of discounted product.I've learned here how to promote a product so the customer or your member can sell it. I've learned also how to put and remove make-up in a proper way.The management is nice especially my sales leader.Co-workers are cheerful and freindly.The hardest part in this job is when you need to – more... reach your goal for that month and when the month ended and you will see your sale summary and you got tyhe goal you will have some incentives in the company especially to your leader this is the one enjoyable part and the most enjoyable part is when you go to the party and you will their big bosses and the models. – less
Ability to create long-lasting business contacts
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Hampton RoadsNovember 15, 2014
I am able to network and create many different business opportunities promoting and using these wonderful products.

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more