1,911 reviews

Avon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Love the products and working with people
Avon Independent Representative (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: avon products
Cons: don't make alot of money
Like Avon products and selling to the customers
Like when people order online, and it gets
delivered right to them.
Time consuming is what is the hardest part, because
the delivery of books, then the delivery of the products,
plus collection of the money.
Working for myself as an Avon Representative
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Adelaide, SAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: could work my own hours around my young family, met lots of lovely people some of whom became good friends.
Cons: i often found avon to be vey unreliable in the delivery of products.
My role involved cold calling on customers in the area that had been allocated to me. I found I was very successful in this role as I have a good rapport with people and was very flexible in how I dealt with my customers needs. I achieved high levels of sales which was very satisfying and I enjoyed meeting different people and getting lots of exercise.
fun
Avon Sales Representative (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: you make your schedule
Cons: commission is small
working for avon is great because your schedule is flexible.
High Paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: provided teamwork
Cons: constantly on one post. little rotation
Deals with a lot of team work and repetition. Working on an assembly line.
Avon Representative (Former Employee), AberdeenJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: speaking to people, problem solving
Cons: takes a lot of time
Delivering/Collecting customers catalogues/order forms and then placing the whole order with Avon, organising customers orders and delivering them within a reasonable time scale and collecting payment for their order and then clearing the payment balance with Avon.
Its a very hard job when you have other commitments (college, work ect..) but its very enjoyable.
I use to deliver the books around my area then would collect the orders, input them to the computer then collect the money, once the order came i would then deliver the orders to the correct person.
Productive and Fun place to work
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: really cheap to free cosmetics depending on how many customers buy
Cons: the cost of the brochures you need to be able to get customers
I love working for AVON as you get to meet new people all the time. Giving advice on the best cosmetics and AVON is always evolving. I enjoy finding all the special offers and helping my customers find the perfect product for them.
It can sometimes be hard trying to get new clients as the world has become so much more focused on internet buying but nothing beats being able to see the product there in front of you before you buy. It is convenient for a lot of people to buy from an AVON rep as it's delivered straight to your door at a time that is convenient to them.
As I am self-employed I don't have co-workers as such but we have teams who interact online and we have events every few weeks to be able to get together and share our experiences and get hints and tips off the more successful reps.
The most enjoyable part is getting that parcel and looking at all the gorgeous products people have purchased, you get to see first hand what people like so you can give advice on other products that they might be interested in.
incuraging people to do new things
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston upon Thames, ENGJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work: is to make sure people are happy with the products they have ordered and if not to make it better for the customers.

What I've learned: is that people can be picky and that I have to make sure that I can give them the right help.

Management: I can organize a party I like to plan events I manage money to make sure things are done correctly.

Your co-workers: I worked on my own there are other people like me but different area.

The hardest part of the job: is to keep customers happy as everyone is different and to hope that I can help them out as much as I can.

The most enjoyable part of the job: is knowing that the customers are happy.
The challenges you face could be difficult, but the relationships are very rewarding.
Sales Repr and District Manager Assistant (Former Employee), home basedJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexiblity work hours and building new relationships
Cons: benefits and changing the overall persona of avon products
Avon is a self based business you grow from sales of cosmetics, skin care, clothing, jewelry, colognes and various home based products for the entire family.

I enjoy versatility in a work environment and this job had it all.

Each day could include communicating by: phone, email, mailings, outside meeting or social media to: clients, new prospects, manager and the home office. My primary tasks for the district manager included: recruiting, encouraging sales growth and providing information to other representatives in our district (via phone and/or email) scheduling, recording information gathered and continuously monitoring this data. Many days required juggling all the above areas plus continually growing and maintaining my client base.

The most challenging part for me was keeping new recruits motivated and focused. I found many individuals want immediate results over a very short period of time.
I manage myself, enjoy helping others.
Independent Represenatative (Current Employee), Reedley, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: extra money to spend on my son
Cons: not having certain items available after customer has waited
A typical day at work I hand our brochures, ask if any of my clients is searching for a certain item, if so, I assist them with finding the best product that works best for them and their budget.
I learned how to handle money and get things paid on time, and to not exceed the end date.
I manage myself, I control when I work and how often I need to remind the clients about the upcoming date to send in their order.
The harderst part of my job was to start off, to meet and greet people that I wasn't sure would be interested, overtime I overcame that aspect and now I have no problem gaining new clients. More clients equals a bigger business.
The most enjoyabe part of my job is when I give my clients their order on time and complete.
Enjoyable
Avon Sales Leader (Former Employee), Abergele, WLSJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not enough money in it
It was enjoyable due to meeting new people
It was rewarding helping the elderly
I enjoyed the challenge in meeting the deadlines
workplace with confortable lunch table and rest room for employees
Sale Leardership (Former Employee), Avon Company Branch Sibu Jalan Kampung Datuk SibuJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: get a bonus if sales reached 25% per month.
Cons: short break
1) workers were very committed and cooperative
2) manager can help and share their knowledge and skills while workers face problems in their respective duties
Working with AVON
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2015
Working with AVON was fun and sometimes scary. I was able to meet a lot of nice people.
Independant, exciting and challenging
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New Carlisle, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: working at my own pace, doing it my way!!
Cons: no set weekly pay, self-employment taxes, lack of benefits health or otherwise
A typical day in this business consisted of talking with customers, and potential customers. Taking orders, placing orders and fulfilling orders. Customer service was a big part. Keeping the customer happy always the most important.
Also a lot of book keeping to be done. Keeping records of all clients and what they typically order and when. Basically the purchasing and return habits of my customers.
I learned a lot about "People Skills" during my years as an Avon Representative. How to get on a personal level with the client, yet keeping it professional. How to recognize a potential client over someone just playing.
I already knew basic management skills with running a household and family. I drew a lot of insight into business management, through trial an error in this business. A lot of direction was afforded to me by our district manager.
This was my personal business, I did not engage others to sell for me so there was really no co-workers.
The hardest part of the business I would say was establishing new customers once I had been selling for multiple years, and my area had been canvased many times. Other than that, I would say making my deliveries during bad weather was difficult at times.
The most enjoyable part of my business was the friendships that I made through my customers that have extended through the years. And connecting with them on a regular basis.
a productive place to be for women
Franchise Dealer (Current Employee), Iligan, P10January 5, 2015
The hardest part here in my job is to collect the payment then suddenly your customer is not around and the people who knew her says that she's not there anymore and all her things are gone. It cost me 5000PHP to all the products she ordered. I didn't know what to do that time because it was the first time my customer didn't pay her responsiblity yet i had no choice but to pay for it myself because my name in the company will be damaged.
Everyday is a fun day when you sell Avon!
Independent Avon Representative (Current Employee), Ashkum, ILJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work as an Avon Representative for me is a combination of contacting customers, taking orders, delivering orders, attending group meetings or conference calls. I have learned how to work independently or in group, how to coach a team and have become unit leader. I do have to say that district 5111 as a whole is a great team to work with! The hardest part of the job is deciding if I want to work from home that day or out in the field. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help each customer with his or her unique needs.
really fun
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Liverpool, ENGJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: work what ever hours i wanted
Cons: work when ever i wanted
I learned to have more confidence in my self
The most enjoyable part off the job would be going out delivering my catalogues taking orders from people and delivering there stuff to them made me happy because i knew i made my customers happy.
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Glenrothes, SCTJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoy doing Avon and I have also built up a lot of confidence and communication skill by going to customers doors. I deliver Avon book to customers doors, I go back a couple of days later to collect the book but if they are not finished with the book I go back another day, I gather all the orders together when it is ready to be sent, I log onto the Avon website and enter each product into the computer to make orders, I place the order, when the orders come I then look at the customer’s order form and gather up all the items that they have ordered and put them into a bag with their order form attached to it, I then go out and deliver the orders to the customers, I collect all the money in and then pay the invoice when all the money is collected in.
Sales Representative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed being self-employed with Avon and the many tasks it offers,such as customer service,taking orders from customers,distribution of products,making phone calls and follow-up with clients. Posting payments and handling returns of merchandise that was incorrect.
Avon Representative (Current Employee), ENGJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible around your life style, independence, gaining life skills
Cons: got to find the time to make money - hard in busy seasons, little money
Avon is a flexible company and really help you to boost you. You're doing another extra something and of course have amazing benefits like getting to know your customers, and trust gaining with your customers. Sometimes you've got to try and find sometime that you might not have to make the money you really want though, after all it is your own business.
independent work
sales rep (Former Employee), bronx, new yorkDecember 30, 2014
Pros: a lot of free tim
Cons: salary not satisfied
Is a good place to invest if you have the all the money. I was not always available with the amount of money you need for the investment to sell the products.

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more