Avon Employee Reviews

Great opportunities
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON31 January 2014
On an average day, I brought in my own clientele, and provided the best customer service possible. I let my customers know of any promotions, new products, and how they can place their orders. I learned that in order to be the best, you have to do your best! You have to set reasonable goals for yourself, and come up with a plan in order to meet these goals. The management team was great. I was able to keep in contact with the Sales Leaders if any problems were to arise. They were very helpful and patient, and helped me in any way they could to help me be more successful as a sales representative. The hardest part of my job was contacting the corporate office with delivery issues I was having. I had a couple incidences where had to return products, and it was difficult to contact the people in charge of local deliveries to pick up these orders. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say, is the overall feedback I got from both my manager, and my customers! They were the ones who made it possible to further my career and be successful working with Avon Canada.
Pros
free products
Cons
competitive
meet new & interesting people all the time
Sales Representative-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 January 2014
make your own hours and goals
met new friends
management is helpful
monthly meetings to keep up with latest aids
Sans soucis
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 January 2014
Je devais trouvé des gens pour les persuader d'acheter des produits d'Avon et je recevais un pourcentage sur chaque produits.
Avon
Avon Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey BC3 December 2013
Avon was alright for home stayers, was a great experience to gain customer care.
Productive & Fun Work Environment
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 November 2013
At Avon I am my own boss and make my own hours running my very own business selling Avon Products. The hardest part of the job is to find and obtain clients, however, once you've got them its easy and important to maintain them. The part of my job that I enjoy the most is that I can make money buy selling products to clients and the ability to have my own team of Independent Sales Representatives. A typical day at work is walking around and getting people I meet interested in Avon and hand out brochures, when a client orders from them they are ordering from my "store" and my job is to delivery their products one time. Having a job through Avon is perfect for stay at home mums, people who enjoy travelling, and students saving up to go to college. The job is flexible as you get to set your own hours.
Pros
Manage Your Own Business, Make Your Own Hours
Cons
Navigation May Be Difficult At First
Great way to gain customer service skills.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Avon, ON22 November 2013
It was good to go out, meet new people, and gain customer service skills, such as speaking the right way to your customers, how to gain customers and maintain their trust.
You had to put in your time, to make the money you wanted to make. If you didn't, you wouldn't make any money.
My co-workers were really supportive of me trying to get sales and teaching me about their experiences.
The most enjoyable part about the job was trying on Avon products myself, and being able to give customers my honest opinion.
Pros
Samples of products
Cons
Hard to make sales
Met lots of new people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2013
I enjoyed working for Avon because I got the opportunity to met new people
Pros
got to be my own boss
Cons
long hours in the cold
Flexible working hours
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2013
The best thing about working for AVON is the flexible working schedule. I get to work independently and set my own goals. I learned to work with customers.
Travail indépendant
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC22 October 2013
Je travaillais de façon indépendante, de chez moi. Tout était livré à mon domicile.
Pros
Rabais de membre
Cons
Manque de temps
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON3 October 2013
Orders did not come in on time and I had customers complaining to me
Avon Representative
Sales Representative, Avon (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 October 2013
I liked working at Avon I did really good in my sales and with customers. I just found it to be a very unorganized work place.
take charge kind of job
sales rep (Former Employee) –  everywhere12 September 2013
With this job you feel a sense of empowerment. It almost feels like you are running your own little mini business. you pretty much call all the shot and do not have to confirm your affairs with anyone else. you have the pleasure of working with customers and the solidarity of working alone doing paper work. overall it is a very take charge job that allows for flexible schedules.
Amazing products at cheap rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 September 2013
- I learnt how to manage receipts and cash
- No co-workers
- Once shipped products arrived, customers usually wanted a refund which was the hardest part of the job
Educational and Independent Workplace
Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2013
- Work from home
- Improves verbal skills
- Very educational; lots of seminars and webinars are available to improve sales and educates workers on new software
- Management is very friendly and understanding; they help you succeed
- Learned how to improve my sales and gain valuable information
- Met with new customers and made friendships
Pros
- Hard work pays off; once you have sold a certain amount your commission increases
Cons
- Don't get paid hourly; salary based on commission
Fun,
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON27 August 2013
Learning experience
great over-all manager and co-workers (within district)
Customer service
time consuming
money management skills
Pros
free samples!!!
Cons
Not enough money
enjoyed the cafateria and medical and dental insurance
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC22 August 2013
This was a very fast paced job which I enjoyed very much I worked a 12 hour night shift from 7pm-7am, the salary was very good started at 17$ an hour.Got along with everyone
Pros
got discount off Avon products
c'est le meilleur salaire que j'ai eu et endroit tres propre
Opératrice de ligne de production (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire,QC17 August 2013
Journée assez épuisante
Le département est déménagé a l'extérieur du Canada
Bon patron
Assez bonne entente avec tous
Ne jamais arrêter les ligne de productio et c'était de soir
Tres bon salaire et tres propre et j'aimais beaucoup ma job je trouve ça dommage qu'on enleve les meilleurs job au Québec pour les envoyer ailleurs
Pros
Nous avions droit sur les produits
Cons
Nous étions mise a pieds apres les fêtes
Good place to meet lots of people
Administrative Assistant Avon Canada (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 August 2013
Worked on own schedule as time allowed. Answered calls and emails for a district of over 600 people
Pros
met lots of nice people
Cons
Not my first choice of jobs
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 July 2013
I wish there wasn't so many hidden fees, etc so you had a chance to make money.
Pros
Samples, Freedom
Cons
Hidden Fees, Slow Delivery
fun environment almost a self employment and flexible
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  work from home12 July 2013
I love being able to help others with their inside and outside beauty, on a daily basis. Advertising, selling, social interaction--- It's all great
Pros
free gift set time to time
Cons
i make my own hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval