Avon Employee Reviews

Productive & Fun Work Environment
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 November 2013
At Avon I am my own boss and make my own hours running my very own business selling Avon Products. The hardest part of the job is to find and obtain clients, however, once you've got them its easy and important to maintain them. The part of my job that I enjoy the most is that I can make money buy selling products to clients and the ability to have my own team of Independent Sales Representatives. A typical day at work is walking around and getting people I meet interested in Avon and hand out brochures, when a client orders from them they are ordering from my "store" and my job is to delivery their products one time. Having a job through Avon is perfect for stay at home mums, people who enjoy travelling, and students saving up to go to college. The job is flexible as you get to set your own hours.
Pros
Manage Your Own Business, Make Your Own Hours
Cons
Navigation May Be Difficult At First
Great way to gain customer service skills.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Avon, ON22 November 2013
It was good to go out, meet new people, and gain customer service skills, such as speaking the right way to your customers, how to gain customers and maintain their trust.
You had to put in your time, to make the money you wanted to make. If you didn't, you wouldn't make any money.
My co-workers were really supportive of me trying to get sales and teaching me about their experiences.
The most enjoyable part about the job was trying on Avon products myself, and being able to give customers my honest opinion.
Pros
Samples of products
Cons
Hard to make sales
Met lots of new people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2013
I enjoyed working for Avon because I got the opportunity to met new people
Pros
got to be my own boss
Cons
long hours in the cold
Flexible working hours
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2013
The best thing about working for AVON is the flexible working schedule. I get to work independently and set my own goals. I learned to work with customers.
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON3 October 2013
Orders did not come in on time and I had customers complaining to me
Avon Representative
Sales Representative, Avon (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 October 2013
I liked working at Avon I did really good in my sales and with customers. I just found it to be a very unorganized work place.
take charge kind of job
sales rep (Former Employee) –  everywhere12 September 2013
With this job you feel a sense of empowerment. It almost feels like you are running your own little mini business. you pretty much call all the shot and do not have to confirm your affairs with anyone else. you have the pleasure of working with customers and the solidarity of working alone doing paper work. overall it is a very take charge job that allows for flexible schedules.
Amazing products at cheap rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 September 2013
- I learnt how to manage receipts and cash
- No co-workers
- Once shipped products arrived, customers usually wanted a refund which was the hardest part of the job
Educational and Independent Workplace
Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2013
- Work from home
- Improves verbal skills
- Very educational; lots of seminars and webinars are available to improve sales and educates workers on new software
- Management is very friendly and understanding; they help you succeed
- Learned how to improve my sales and gain valuable information
- Met with new customers and made friendships
Pros
- Hard work pays off; once you have sold a certain amount your commission increases
Cons
- Don't get paid hourly; salary based on commission
Fun,
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON27 August 2013
Learning experience
great over-all manager and co-workers (within district)
Customer service
time consuming
money management skills
Pros
free samples!!!
Cons
Not enough money
enjoyed the cafateria and medical and dental insurance
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC22 August 2013
This was a very fast paced job which I enjoyed very much I worked a 12 hour night shift from 7pm-7am, the salary was very good started at 17$ an hour.Got along with everyone
Pros
got discount off Avon products
Good place to meet lots of people
Administrative Assistant Avon Canada (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 August 2013
Worked on own schedule as time allowed. Answered calls and emails for a district of over 600 people
Pros
met lots of nice people
Cons
Not my first choice of jobs
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 July 2013
I wish there wasn't so many hidden fees, etc so you had a chance to make money.
Pros
Samples, Freedom
Cons
Hidden Fees, Slow Delivery
fun environment almost a self employment and flexible
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  work from home12 July 2013
I love being able to help others with their inside and outside beauty, on a daily basis. Advertising, selling, social interaction--- It's all great
Pros
free gift set time to time
Cons
i make my own hours
Sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sutton West, ON30 June 2013
I love meeting people and getting to know them.know.

They teach me to run my own bussiness.
Pros
Part Time
Cons
Not enough income
Easy to balance home life and work.
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2013
Avon allowed me to focus on my school while still earning money on the side. It is all done on my own time, and there are no consequences should I choose to take some days off. It let me branch out and learn how to interact with other people, something I was really shy about doing before. The pay wasn't to good because it was all commission, so if I was having a busy week with school and did not have any time to sit down and focus on Avon, I didn't make any money.
Absolutely horrid.
Representative  (Current Employee) –  Alberta Canada8 May 2013
First off, I have always loved Avon products as a customer. That's why I started selling over 2 years ago.

But as a rep?
You pay for the long distance calls with any question you have for them. There will be a lot. There's no toll free number.
You often wait for over 20 minutes to have your call answered if you can get through at all.
You pay for all your bags to put your customers items in. As well as over $10 for brochures. (12 campaigns per year)
You pay the $12 shipping to get your order.
If your customer wants to return something, you get to pay that shipping cost as well.
Overall, you spend way too much on this "business". I will always love Avon products but simply cannot afford to sell them.
Both thumbs down.
Pros
You get a tiny discount on products.
Cons
Too many to list in this little box.
Fun
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 April 2013
A waste of time and money.
You need to have a large supply of friends that like make up to be very successful.
They have cheaper quality products than leading brands, the only issue was their online ordering system. Also half the time I would not receive my orders on time, or at all.
I got to try a wide selection of their products with my discount and because I would have to order at least one item a month I now have an assortment of colors of nail polish.
Work on your own time
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga/Toronto7 April 2013
Avon is a company which allows you to give books out and make orders. when order is complete and customer is satisfied you get a certain percentage of what you sold.

I learned how to communicate better with people

need to know how to manage money.

the most enjoyable part of the job is making our customers happy
enjoy work place
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  AntipoloCcity4 April 2013
it takes 8 hours a day plus 1 hour lunch break, i learned how to serve properly the management is good and my co workers os good also they become my friend, the enjoyable part of job is even it is in pick hours we help each other to do that task .