Avon Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Independent Sales Representive (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 May 2014
you could set your own hours, and own goals, its perfect for anybody wanting to set their own hours or own goals at any time/point in life.
It was very pleasant, I learned a lot
In-person consultation, customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 May 2014
It was very pleasant working because I got to learn how to work with people, be more confident with strangers when going door to door.

Making sure customers are satisfied, also get updates with next booklets that we received.
Pros
Getting to know people, and different products they like and why.
100 Years
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fraser Valley7 May 2014
Company has been around for 100 years in Canada.

Based in Montreal Quebec.

Independent Sales Representatives and Leadership Representatives.
Fun & happy to be my own manager
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2014
I like selling avon because I am my own boss, and my customers are my friends and family.

I like how I make my own hours and I can stay at home, I can spend time with my son & don't have to be at work somewhere else
Pros
on my own time & at home work
Cons
depends how many customers you have
Just to meet people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 April 2014
Did this for meeting new people. Made no real money doing this as I was not in it for the money. Enjoyed the taking of orders and delivering them, to meet my customers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 March 2014
Self employed sales representative. Taking orders from customers either on the phone or through email. Placing orders online. Receiving orders. Organizing orders and then delivering them to the customer.
Pros
work on your own time
product
Secretary (Former Employee) –  abuyog branch15 March 2014
its easy to deal about this cause almost everyone used the products and known at the market.
Pros
good salary
Great Company to Represent
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 March 2014
Excellent training and support from management! Great perks and incentives. Love the Avon products! They have a great reputation and have had loyal customers for over 125 years.
Pros
Free products incentives/Great discounts
Great opportunities
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON31 January 2014
On an average day, I brought in my own clientele, and provided the best customer service possible. I let my customers know of any promotions, new products, and how they can place their orders. I learned that in order to be the best, you have to do your best! You have to set reasonable goals for yourself, and come up with a plan in order to meet these goals. The management team was great. I was able to keep in contact with the Sales Leaders if any problems were to arise. They were very helpful and patient, and helped me in any way they could to help me be more successful as a sales representative. The hardest part of my job was contacting the corporate office with delivery issues I was having. I had a couple incidences where had to return products, and it was difficult to contact the people in charge of local deliveries to pick up these orders. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say, is the overall feedback I got from both my manager, and my customers! They were the ones who made it possible to further my career and be successful working with Avon Canada.
Pros
free products
Cons
competitive
meet new & interesting people all the time
Sales Representative-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 January 2014
make your own hours and goals
met new friends
management is helpful
monthly meetings to keep up with latest aids
Avon
Avon Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey BC3 December 2013
Avon was alright for home stayers, was a great experience to gain customer care.
Productive & Fun Work Environment
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 November 2013
At Avon I am my own boss and make my own hours running my very own business selling Avon Products. The hardest part of the job is to find and obtain clients, however, once you've got them its easy and important to maintain them. The part of my job that I enjoy the most is that I can make money buy selling products to clients and the ability to have my own team of Independent Sales Representatives. A typical day at work is walking around and getting people I meet interested in Avon and hand out brochures, when a client orders from them they are ordering from my "store" and my job is to delivery their products one time. Having a job through Avon is perfect for stay at home mums, people who enjoy travelling, and students saving up to go to college. The job is flexible as you get to set your own hours.
Pros
Manage Your Own Business, Make Your Own Hours
Cons
Navigation May Be Difficult At First
Great way to gain customer service skills.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Avon, ON22 November 2013
It was good to go out, meet new people, and gain customer service skills, such as speaking the right way to your customers, how to gain customers and maintain their trust.
You had to put in your time, to make the money you wanted to make. If you didn't, you wouldn't make any money.
My co-workers were really supportive of me trying to get sales and teaching me about their experiences.
The most enjoyable part about the job was trying on Avon products myself, and being able to give customers my honest opinion.
Pros
Samples of products
Cons
Hard to make sales
Met lots of new people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2013
I enjoyed working for Avon because I got the opportunity to met new people
Pros
got to be my own boss
Cons
long hours in the cold
Flexible working hours
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2013
The best thing about working for AVON is the flexible working schedule. I get to work independently and set my own goals. I learned to work with customers.
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON3 October 2013
Orders did not come in on time and I had customers complaining to me
Avon Representative
Sales Representative, Avon (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 October 2013
I liked working at Avon I did really good in my sales and with customers. I just found it to be a very unorganized work place.
take charge kind of job
sales rep (Former Employee) –  everywhere12 September 2013
With this job you feel a sense of empowerment. It almost feels like you are running your own little mini business. you pretty much call all the shot and do not have to confirm your affairs with anyone else. you have the pleasure of working with customers and the solidarity of working alone doing paper work. overall it is a very take charge job that allows for flexible schedules.
Amazing products at cheap rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 September 2013
- I learnt how to manage receipts and cash
- No co-workers
- Once shipped products arrived, customers usually wanted a refund which was the hardest part of the job
Educational and Independent Workplace
Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2013
- Work from home
- Improves verbal skills
- Very educational; lots of seminars and webinars are available to improve sales and educates workers on new software
- Management is very friendly and understanding; they help you succeed
- Learned how to improve my sales and gain valuable information
- Met with new customers and made friendships
Pros
- Hard work pays off; once you have sold a certain amount your commission increases
Cons
- Don't get paid hourly; salary based on commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.