Avon

Avon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun working environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2012
you plan your day in your own
you learn knowing people and dealing with them
the manager do the followup
and the team is great you meet at the meetings or at the products presentations
the hardest part is recruding new sales representatives under yourself
the enjoyable part is proping the brochures and discribing the products to the customer.
Great Products
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 17, 2012
Even though I had gone around to customers and told them about AVON's products to sell them, not only did it make me realize what I may need, but I also realized who else needs these products. With the amount of information I have with those products, I could probably sell more than I can imagine. The knowledge that you have with the products is what – more... makes sales. The hardest part of the job is to keep finding more customers to make sales. The enjoyable part is that AVON products keeps the customers satisfied. – less
productive and fun dealing with client
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2012
Pros: free samples and discounts in all items
Cons: flexible time
working in avon is fun and meeting people who are beauty conscious
Nice Place to work
Finished Goods Planner/Expeditor (Former Employee), montreal, qcApril 17, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: not much flecxibility
I learned many things at Avon
Loyalty
professionalism
hard work
meeting great people
team work
diversity
Great to get discounts on needed household items.
Representative, PCP, and Leader (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 16, 2012
I work my own hours. I've learned a lot about managing my own business and preparing for taxes. I have the best District Sales Manager and Support person I could ever ask for. The hardest part of my job is to motivate my team members and get them as excited about selling and leadership as I am. I enjoy meeting new people and providing customer service.
Fabulous opportunity to earn recognition!
District Sales Manager - Ontario (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCApril 3, 2012
Pros: earn fabulous trips around the world
Cons: introduction of multi level sales
Responsible for profits and expenditures for 1.5 million dollar district.
Turn around specialist in motivating, recruiting, training, sales presentation and seminars.
Day to day activities varied which made job fantastic.
Opportunities to develop professionally and personally were immense.
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 23, 2012
Pros: meeting lots of people's needs and flexible hours
Cons: less customers in my community
This was a side job, that enabled me to socialize with my community, all my products where mailed to me and I cashed the profits that I made as I received a percentage in my bank account.
Awesome self-employment opportunity
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: create your own schedule. community support.
Cons: no company-provided benefits. commission-based income.
Avon is different than working at your typical company. You work at your own pace, meeting new people along the way.

It gives me the opportunity to put myself out there, trying to acquiring new clients. have to have a positive attitude, an outgoing personality.

District management is great support if you have any questions. at monthly meetings, you – more... can meet fellow reps and exchange stories for obtaining customers, increasing sales. there is also a community forum for reps outside your district -- also available to help with questions and supports. – less
great job for working at home
sales representative (Former Employee), Southport, ENGSeptember 1, 2014
great job if you get the orders in learned alot about orders on-line a typical day would be slow but would pick up by end of week
Fun Workplace
Cycle Counter (Former Employee), Caguas, PRAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free gifts
Cons: i was a temp. job
Cycle count the most value products
report any discrepancy to my supervisor
products
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Dunstable, ENGAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free makeup
Cons: working hours are too much, hard job
Avon cosmetics are really well made and the company have a lot of time and effort with their customers. they put passion into their work and are proud of their positive thoughts from customers.
Direct Sales
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), York, PAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: you can make a lot of money
Cons: requires a lot of time and effort
It is a fun way to earn residual income. Meet lots of people. Teach and Mentor others who express interest in starting there own business through Avon.
Love this job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 28, 2014
Love this job because I get to meet new people and make money from home. The best part is not having a schedule!
Brilliant Workplace to be in!
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Tividale, ENGAugust 26, 2014
Pros: work around your lifestyle
Avon is a very good opportunity to be in. You learn skills that you may already have, but learn how to advance on them to make them better and to make you a better sales assistant.

Management will let you be independent, but will only be a phone call or meeting away to help you. Income varies, but it is all down to how you deal with your customers, – more... and how you do within the job that counts! – less
Avon sucks
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cumming, GAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: work your own hours
Cons: not much money to be made
I sold Avon products from home, computer/in person.
The hardest part of this job was you put in more money than you make with it, in my case at least.
a good company to work for if you are highly self motivated
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), edinburghAugust 21, 2014
lack of support other than email communication. good benefits and incentives always in place although unachievable for most. Must be highly self motivated and not mind many hours out on the street recruiting and many hours at home on the phone.
You get out of it what you're willing to give!
Unit Leader Plus & Lead Sales (Current Employee), Chino Valley, AzAugust 20, 2014
Pros: making $$! meeting new people! independence
Cons: lots of time!
I just celebrated my 4yr anniversary as an Avon Independent Sales Rep. You have to think of your Avon business like a plant. If you don't take care of it it will die!! You have to be willing to talk to strangers. Brush off the "No thank yous" and take GOOD care of your customers. Avon customers are some of the MOST DEDICATED people you will find! I – more... LOVE to get new customers BUT I also LOVE to hear, "I've been ordering from the same Avon lady for __yrs". I have a downline, which means I make a commission off of their sales. The idea is to help new reps build their business like you are building yours. Then it's a win win for everybody. I have signed probably 200+ people since I started in Leadership. I have a solid team of 59 reps. These people are dedicated to their "plant". They take care of their customers and we are all making money. FYI, I just took 1st place for sales in my district....YOU CAN MAKE $$$ SELLING AVON!! You have to realize, there is work involved and you have to learn to deal with peoples quirky natures.

I would be happy to answer anyone's questions! And, I'd be even happier to sign you up today to help you start your own business. Yes, I want to sign you onto my team - soooo contact me for information.

I work a full time job in addition to selling Avon so I know it's VERY doable!! – less
Avon is a very challenging workplace because you get what you have put in, and since you work flexible hours.
Sales Leader (Current Employee), Johannesburg South, GPAugust 20, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: hours are flexible
Avon is a very challenging workplace because you get what you have put in, and since you work flexible hours, if you don't wake up in the morning to go out and work or you don't communicate or train your team very well, you have not made a cent on that day.
traveling to meet new people
District Manager (Former Employee), Crestview, FLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i was pretty much my own boss
Cons: long hours
Leave home around 6:00 a.m. to travel to recruiting area. Conducting meetings.
I learned a great deal about time management
Supervisor was really helpful
I worked alone since I was a manager
Not getting home until sometimes 11:00 p.,m. six to seven days a week.
Meeting new people and helping them get started.
rewarding and engaging
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Elgin, MorayshireAugust 17, 2014
I am thoroughly enjoying doing this in my spare time, it has helped me meet new people and expand my selling skills. helped me get back into working with new customers and engaged me with something to keep me busy with until i start university. this is also something i can do in my spare time as it doesn't take a lot of effort or time, however, since – more... there is no official pay, i desperately need a new source of income during my degree studies. – less

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more