Avon

Avon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun working environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2012
you plan your day in your own
you learn knowing people and dealing with them
the manager do the followup
and the team is great you meet at the meetings or at the products presentations
the hardest part is recruding new sales representatives under yourself
the enjoyable part is proping the brochures and discribing the products to the customer.
Great Products
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 17, 2012
Even though I had gone around to customers and told them about AVON's products to sell them, not only did it make me realize what I may need, but I also realized who else needs these products. With the amount of information I have with those products, I could probably sell more than I can imagine. The knowledge that you have with the products is what – more... makes sales. The hardest part of the job is to keep finding more customers to make sales. The enjoyable part is that AVON products keeps the customers satisfied. – less
productive and fun dealing with client
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2012
Pros: free samples and discounts in all items
Cons: flexible time
working in avon is fun and meeting people who are beauty conscious
Nice Place to work
Finished Goods Planner/Expeditor (Former Employee), montreal, qcApril 17, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: not much flecxibility
I learned many things at Avon
Loyalty
professionalism
hard work
meeting great people
team work
diversity
Great to get discounts on needed household items.
Representative, PCP, and Leader (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 16, 2012
I work my own hours. I've learned a lot about managing my own business and preparing for taxes. I have the best District Sales Manager and Support person I could ever ask for. The hardest part of my job is to motivate my team members and get them as excited about selling and leadership as I am. I enjoy meeting new people and providing customer service.
Fabulous opportunity to earn recognition!
District Sales Manager - Ontario (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Pros: earn fabulous trips around the world
Cons: introduction of multi level sales
Responsible for profits and expenditures for 1.5 million dollar district.
Turn around specialist in motivating, recruiting, training, sales presentation and seminars.
Day to day activities varied which made job fantastic.
Opportunities to develop professionally and personally were immense.
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 23, 2012
Pros: meeting lots of people's needs and flexible hours
Cons: less customers in my community
This was a side job, that enabled me to socialize with my community, all my products where mailed to me and I cashed the profits that I made as I received a percentage in my bank account.
Great
Sales Leader (Former Employee), WirralSeptember 14, 2014
Loved working for avon as i enjoyed the independence. All staff where friendly and i felt like i could just ring any manager if i was in need of help. I felt comfortable doing the job independently but did not have a lot of customers.
great way to meet new people
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Rotherham, ENGSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and spending more time with my children.
Cons: pay is not always what you expect and could earn nothing.
I love being an Avon representative as it gets me out and about I can fetch my children along with me, I meet new people everyday and there is always something new to learn. I do work as an individual but like to share my tips and ideas with other Avon representatives. I can work at my at my own pace and around my family.
ok firm to work for
picker (Former Employee), corbySeptember 10, 2014
.the echo manager wasn't a pleasant woman to work for.i wouldn't recommend working there as it wasn't very pleasant
Wonderful company
Order Prep /Senior Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Suwanee, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: overtime during the holidays
Fast paced environment where all work was completed according to established schedules.
Acquired extensive knowledge of Avon's products, processes and procedures.
Management created a family environment and co-workers made it a fun and happy place to work.
very rewarding workplace
analyst (Former Employee), Rye, NYSeptember 9, 2014
very rewarding

mangement is great and understanding

very fast paced culture which helps the day go by very fast
sales
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 9, 2014
i enjoyed the customer service and meeting new people but i dint get hourly pay dint make enough
Beneficial to work from home
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Middlesbrough, ENGSeptember 9, 2014
I typical day included posting Avon catalogs door to door or picking up Avon catalogs. processing orders online and handling money and speaking to customers face to face.
Great relationships, work/life balance and benefits package
IT Project Manager, Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Rye, NYSeptember 8, 2014
I've made great life-long relationships at Avon.

The work/life balance and high-speed remote connections made it possible for me to attend to family activities before 6pm and allow me to pickup work where I left off later that night at home.

Avon sponsored the yearly Americares homefront project which I participated in which, not only helped people – more... in need, but helped with internal networking and building comradery with fellow Avon colleagues. – less
Poor commission
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGSeptember 7, 2014
Working for Avon is great to fit around your lifestyle but as a full time student it was hard as I could not find a part time job, so I took up Avon to help pay for my college equipment, but I had to at least sell up to £80 worth of goods before making £1 for myself.
Amazing
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: work from home in my own time.
Cons: not in a stable environment.
I work for Avon in my spare time and it is commission based. It is helping me to earn my own pocket money on the side. I work from home and it doesn't take up a lot of time. I just have to distribute brochures to new and present costumers and take their orders, once I have collected orders I then send them over the website to the distributors and they – more... send the goods to me. Once I have the goods in my possession then I have to sort them out and package them for each individual costumers. On delivery I collect the correct money then the company will tell me how much I have to send to them and how much I can keep for myself, the money that I keep myself is my wage which could vary from £20+. I have learned by doing this job to be independent as I am working alone and also how to manage money. I don't find anything hard about this job and I find it highly enjoyable. – less
Convenient for a busy lifestyle
Avon representative (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: convenient
Cons: commission salary
Being an Avon representative made it easier for me to earn and study at the same time.
Learning about sales and business
Consultant for Sales (Former Employee), North Adams,MASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: samples of products, good staff
Cons: little compensation, a lot of work with very little pay.
This job helped me learn how to help clients choose certain products and learning how to deal with sales and how the business for a company works.
I operate my own professional beauty consulting business
Beauty & Customer Sales representative (Current Employee), Gibraltar, MISeptember 2, 2014
Pros: setting my own schedule
Cons: not enough sales
I like Avon because I can do it on my own time and getting the word out is quite easy.

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more