Avon

Avon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting products to sell
Avon Rep (Former Employee), New Westminster, British ColumbiaAugust 14, 2012
Pros: working on my own
Cons: delivering the products by foot.
Productive and fun workplace with products for sale. Worked independantly in selling products and delivering them to the customer. Learned to Multi-task. Management was really understanding. Co-workers were always there to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was delivering the products Didn't have a car, had to deliver the products on foot.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the prouducts delivered on time.
Work From Home!
Independent Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2012
Pros: set your own hours, work from home
Cons: involves a lot of brand selling.
I have been selling Avon for the last year to suppplement my income. I really enjoy it, as I work at my own pace and you really get out of it what you put in. My DM is always available when I need her, as well as other Reps if I feel that I am having a difficult time. As a part-time career, you really get to set it aside to focus on achieving work/life balance. The hardest part is constantly keeping my name out there, bringing in new clientele, because I can be very shy, however I feel the best sense of satisfaction when I am able to come through for those clients who have allergies, or experience skin sensitivity, or those who really just want my honest opinion and it turns out for the best!
fun working environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2012
you plan your day in your own
you learn knowing people and dealing with them
the manager do the followup
and the team is great you meet at the meetings or at the products presentations
the hardest part is recruding new sales representatives under yourself
the enjoyable part is proping the brochures and discribing the products to the customer.
Great Products
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 17, 2012
Even though I had gone around to customers and told them about AVON's products to sell them, not only did it make me realize what I may need, but I also realized who else needs these products. With the amount of information I have with those products, I could probably sell more than I can imagine. The knowledge that you have with the products is what makes sales. The hardest part of the job is to keep finding more customers to make sales. The enjoyable part is that AVON products keeps the customers satisfied.
productive and fun dealing with client
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2012
Pros: free samples and discounts in all items
Cons: flexible time
working in avon is fun and meeting people who are beauty conscious
Nice Place to work
Finished Goods Planner/Expeditor (Former Employee), montreal, qcApril 17, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: not much flecxibility
I learned many things at Avon
Loyalty
professionalism
hard work
meeting great people
team work
diversity
Great to get discounts on needed household items.
Representative, PCP, and Leader (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 16, 2012
I work my own hours. I've learned a lot about managing my own business and preparing for taxes. I have the best District Sales Manager and Support person I could ever ask for. The hardest part of my job is to motivate my team members and get them as excited about selling and leadership as I am. I enjoy meeting new people and providing customer service.
Fabulous opportunity to earn recognition!
District Sales Manager - Ontario (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Pros: earn fabulous trips around the world
Cons: introduction of multi level sales
Responsible for profits and expenditures for 1.5 million dollar district.
Turn around specialist in motivating, recruiting, training, sales presentation and seminars.
Day to day activities varied which made job fantastic.
Opportunities to develop professionally and personally were immense.
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 23, 2012
Pros: meeting lots of people's needs and flexible hours
Cons: less customers in my community
This was a side job, that enabled me to socialize with my community, all my products where mailed to me and I cashed the profits that I made as I received a percentage in my bank account.
Great business opportunity
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 27, 2015
This is a great company to work for, especially if you are a stay at home parent who loves to have the flexibility of being able to balance both a personal and professional life.
it is an international company and i would rate it high but i am no longer satistisfied with the renumeration
Account Management Team Leader (Former Employee), Davao PhilippinesJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed working this company but im yearning for something new.
Cons: i have to be out of that comfort zone
My colleagues became my family.It was an amazing job to face people always and learned from these people how to improve your service.
Fun place to work especially if you are a people person
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 25, 2015
Open up in the mornings. Check voice mail messages. Return calls and call and schedule appointments for the week.Appointed new representatives. Run reports. Order supplies. Keep stockroom organized. Set up for monthly meetings.
The hardest part of the job was when we had to meet a certain quota with our sales and calling representatives did not go well.
The most enjoyable part was meeting and helping the new representatives.
Flexible and friendly working environment
Avon representative (Current Employee), Blackpool, ENGJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: extremely flexible around college.
Cons: if you dont sell atleast £55 worth of products you don't get any commision.
The day I started, an Avon rep came to my house to talk me through what the job would entail and what areas I would be covering.I found this extremely helpful and the woman was very friendly. The woman gave me her mobile number so if I ever need any help with a customer inquiry she'll talk me through it. The main role of the job in to find customers that would be interested in the Avon cosmetics (as I go to a beauty college i have a lot of friends/teachers that are interested in the products) and sell them products for commission. The hardest part of the job is finding new customers that you don't know in your local area, that don't already have an Avon representative or are interested in Avon's products.
Ensured outstanding Customer Service
CSR (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: getting people to trust and order products from me
Cons: if the customers did'nt have all their money for their products
passing out Avon books to friends church members and people on my job.
I learned how to speak to people.
Management was ok. they were fair when people order was not right.
I didn't have a co-worker. I worked alone
the hardest part of this job was if my customers products did not come back on time or not in stock anymore and I had to tell them.
Most enjoyable part of the job was when my customer products were all in and on time
i was my own boss
Beauty sales advisor (Former Employee), Little ClactonJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: employees discount
Cons: no earning in it
it was good working within the Avon company as i had a child and i could work it around her as she only went pre school at the time but i found it had its upside as well as its down sides which were things like i didn't really earn anything as i did not have very many customers.
Promote from within,great incentives and bonus,great benefits
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Newark, DEJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: excelllent salary, promote from within based on performance
Cons: jobs eliminated without appropriate notice, always worked a min of 20 hours of ot
Recruited, trained, motivated and provided leadership for 350+ Avon
Independent Sales Contractors in a territory that generated $750K in sales annually.
Coordinated and facilitated monthly sales meetings
Created and implemented incentive programs, provided one-on-one coaching and conducted group training for developmental areas.
Consistently met bi-weekly sales, order and Representative count objectives while adhering to assigned budget

• Operations Supervisor
November 1998-June 1999

Managed two Coordinator teams consisting of approximately 50-65 Specialists.
Created incentive programs and developed team building activities.
Monitored on-going performance and conducted performance evaluations monthly to review progress and establish goals.

• Operations Coordinator
June 1997-November 1998

Managed a team of 15-35 Specialists. Monitored real-time and historical productivity, performance and quality
according to World Class Customer Service Standards.
Acted as Liaison between branch contacts and call center to monitor customer service for accuracy and intervene when necessary.
While in this position successfully accomplished a 98% certification team rating against a department goal of 90%.
Instrumental in developing and piloting several tracking processes such as the correspondence system and auditing the CISC region for system enhancements.
Selected as the Customer Service Representative for the Calibration Council as well as a member of the CISC Focus – more... Group.

• District Sales Manager Support Specialist
December 1995- June 1997

Handled Manager and Representative service related issues, input relevant data, refered Managers to appropriate department or individual when additional assistance is required.
Developed and sustained collaborative relationships with Managers, Representatives and co-workers.
Processed orders upon request and determined whether to store the material or forward for immediate shipment.
Transcribed credit situations and free adjustments resulting from lost, short or damaged shipments. – less
sale avon to my customer
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Rembert, SCJanuary 22, 2015
making order on the computer,dealing with the people, Im my on manger, I Like working with people. I do my best at whatever I do.
Entraprenuer/ Flexibility
Advance Unite Leader/Independent Representative (Former Employee), Cheltenham, PAJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day with this organization was prospecting for clientele. Recruiting and training prospects to become independent representatives. Most importantly selling and promoting the product(s).
I had learned so much with this organization. It taught me a lot about myself and my innate ability to promote and market myself as a business professional. I did not realize I had a creative side that was able to build, manage, and train others to become successful.
This organization provided all the tools necessary to assist in building your own business. The management team was extremely informative and caring.
I enjoyed this so much that it did not seem like work at but just fun to put forth effort and creativity and take it as far as you want. Such a delight.
Great Benefits
Customer Service/VMO and Precurement (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 20, 2015
A good Company with excellent benefits - potential growth over time if the sales environment improves. People are very Family oriented and offer a semi-flexible work schedule if needed. Always offer great training opportunities that the employee can apply to future positions within the Company or at other employment.
Not a great company to work for
District Sales Manager - Brooklyn (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: good medical benefits
Cons: company reorganization was not necessary
Sales and Sales Management Professional extensive experience in diverse industries dedicated to achieving profitability and delivering outstanding customer service. Treats each customer as a potential lifetime purchaser. Convey a professional image of honesty, compassion and concern for customers’ needs. Works well under pressure and deadlines. Highly organized team-builder with strong leadership experience

LANGUAGES: English and Spanish – read, write, and speak fluently.

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more