Avon

Avon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Workplace
Sales executive (Current Employee), WidnesApril 15, 2014
Pros: flexibility, the job fits around me
As an AVON sales representative, I contact customers and have lots of face-to-face contact. During my time as a sales representative I have learned how to handle money, handle products and deal with complaints. During a typical day, I will collect order forms from customers and I will add them to my own online order form and submit the form to AVON – more... so that they know what products to deliver to my house. Once the products have been delivered I will bag them and deliver them to the correct customers. I will then collect money for the order and send it back to AVON. The management staff and area staff are extremely helpful and are ready to help at any time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how happy customers are with their products upon delivery. – less
Avon consultant
Avon Consultant (Former Employee), Avon, SAApril 15, 2014
Marketing and cold calling
cash handling
customer service
Enjoyment
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Redbank Plains, QLDApril 15, 2014
Cons: flexable time
With Avon I enjoy this by serving my customers with products they order them and if they are not happy with items when order I make sure and workout what they need.
Co-workers are a joy to work with each day
CAMPAIGN ADMINISTRATION SUPERVISOR, CUSTOMER CARE (Current Employee), Springdale, OhioApril 14, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: downsizing
The most enjoyable part of my day is my team. Although our daily tasks may be a challenge, as a team we pull through and exceed all expectations.
socialising and networking
Avon representative (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 12, 2014
Pros: free samples
Cons: wasn't a sustainable salary
Networking and speaking with people from different backgrounds, getting to now them and asking what sorts of products they would be interested in. Assisting, advising and using product knowledge and initiative to select the possible best product for each individual.

Combining these skills, have lead to me learning a lot about what peoples interests – more... are, as well as what kind of products would suit each individual to enhance their physical and mental wellbeing.

I regularly had to lease with my senior co-worker to ensure that products were ordered and delivered successfully to the customer in pristine condition.

Pushing myself to the limit, working serval extras hours per day.

Interacting with customers, gaining an understanding of different cultures. – less
I worked at Avon Products Inc.
Senior Planning Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2014
Pros: see the creative process unfold from product inception to launch
Great Products, Senior Management struggles to recognize outdated business model.
Enjoyable and challenging
Free lance Sales Rep (Former Employee), Mount isa,qldApril 11, 2014
Helpful and patient managers. Good products and good achievement rewards.
Curently job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Москва, CENApril 9, 2014
Pros: discount
Nice curently work during the main work.
I learned sales and marketing.
Flexible scedule, great discount.
good
Bin Filler (Former Employee), corbyApril 9, 2014
was a great place to work and the people was nice to i liked the job i was doing and also i got on with my team leaders
It is a lot of work for very little money.
Representative (Current Employee), Norwich, ENGApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: commission based income, a lot of work for little reward.
A typical day consists of writing out order forms putting them in catalogs and delivering them to houses in your territory.
Then returning to those houses a week later to collect the catalog and orders if there are any.
productive and fun work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHApril 7, 2014
easy fast pace work
friendly coworkers
hours vary by time of year between 6-12 hours a day
It is up to you to get the word out for Avon. Lots of networking
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2014
Pros: easy hours
Cons: must network constantly
I enjoy that I can set my own schedule and work at my own pace. I try to keep in constant contact with my regular and new customers. I love meeting new people
Productive and an awesome work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Altoona, IAApril 3, 2014
Pros: always seeing new merchandise
A typical day for me working at Avon ranged from selling merchandise to hosting Avon parties.
Very Fast Paced Environment
District Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2014
A District Manager with Avon is about building relationships and helping those build their dreams and goals..
Good for small Money
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Derby, ENGApril 1, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: money
Your only allowed to get up to £100 and half goes to Avon leaving you with £50. Disappointed.
Productive and rewarding
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 1, 2014
Pros: work from home, great team of sales representatives
Cons: restructuring
Manage time wisely to include training of new sales force, business reviews of established sales representatives, problem solving skills, provide product training.

Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and helping them achieve their sales/financial goals.
Re: Being an Avon Representative
Avon Representative and Certified Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Home, IllinoisMarch 31, 2014
Pros: helping people feel good about themselves.
Cons: long hours.
As an Avon Representative, you are an Independent Contractor. This makes it hard to review yourself since you work for yourself. It requires a lot of self-motivation and determination.
Avon Representative, Home (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGMarch 31, 2014
Pros: short days
Cons: weather and unsociable
Working for Avon was quite difficult sometimes as I worked by food because I wasn't at age to drive.
Typical day working for Avon wasn't a very long day as its all done as if you are self employed. Customers were always happy with their purchase and I never had any issues with them.
I didn't work their for long enough to get to know the company or management, – more... but the lady that helped us get started and set us up was very helpful and friendly and if we ever had any problems she was only a phone call way if we ever needed.
I only worked with one other person but we got along well and kept each other company whilst doing the rounds.
The hardest part of the job will have been going out delivering magazines/products in bad weather as I did all the delivering by foot so it wasn't the best.
I enjoyed seeing the customers happy when they got their products and they were always really pleasant to us whenever we went round. – less
my work place was my home a fun enviroment
Any (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 27, 2014
make orders and take orders and making sure my orders goes in so customers get they order and making sure customers are happy when they happy I'm happy
awesome
Avon representative (Current Employee), Mansfield, ENGMarch 26, 2014
i went to oak tree as a child and i was so happy when i was allowed to go there for work experience. everyone was so kind. and i was treated well. it is a nice environment to work in. loved every moment of it

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more