Avon
1,415 reviews

Avon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was a great experience
Independent Representative, I (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 10, 2012
Worked well for me in the summer. I like being my own boss. Had a small opportunity to network. Was a fairly easy job.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN
BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee), CALGARYDecember 6, 2012
IT IS NICE WORKING WITH THEM AND GETTING TO MEET SO MANY PEOPLE WHO IS SHOWING MORE INTEREST IN THE PRODUCT THAN BEFORE.
Beauty Products
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 6, 2012
You are your own boss, you set your own hours, and you make the amount of money you wish. You are responsible to find your own cliental, the more clients you have the more money you will make.
Great company to grow with.
Self-employed sales leader (Former Employee), Toronto, MississaugaDecember 4, 2012
Flexible employment. Great place to meet new contacts.

I started with Avon after working full time as a Human Resources/Payroll assistant. After 16 years I left due to the company re-structuring. I decided to take some time off and raise 2 small boys. That is when I focused more on Avon as it allowed me flexible work hours.
Not worth it
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONNovember 19, 2012
Pros: running you own business
Cons: lose more money than you make
Not fun. You get lied to. You need to sell about over 1000 dollars to make anything
Disappointing orientation and training almost non existant
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 23, 2012
Pros: good commission, free prodcts
Cons: did not have enough time to develpfully
I did this at a time in my life when I had 4 children at home and was also babysitting several so if I would have speent more time with my customer base i feel i would have done better!!
Amazing assentives
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 21, 2012
Pros: great deals
Cons: lack of pay
I enjoy working with this company, it taught me customer services skills. The people are amazing they're a great help. The hardest part of the job is finding the right clients to sell the product too.
Productive, fun
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mount Hope, ONOctober 16, 2012
Great company to work for, has its ups and downs because you are your own worker, but i would do it again in a heart beat. You set your own hours which is nice. The managers and leaders are fantastic they are so energetic and eager to help you with anything you need. I love working with people and you are always meeting new people with Avon.
Productive and fun
Representative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: discounts
Cons: takes time to build your business
Typical day at work:
- part time
- socialize with customers
- deliver books and orders
Hardest part:
- finding time to deliver orders
Alot of fun and lots of products
Avon Representative (Former Employee), QuebecAugust 16, 2012
Pros: no set schedule
Cons: long hours
Interacting with customers on a daily basis. Lots of fun. Got to try alot of the products they sell.
Interesting products to sell
Avon Rep (Former Employee), New Westminster, British ColumbiaAugust 14, 2012
Pros: working on my own
Cons: delivering the products by foot.
Productive and fun workplace with products for sale. Worked independantly in selling products and delivering them to the customer. Learned to Multi-task. Management was really understanding. Co-workers were always there to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was delivering the products Didn't have a car, had to deliver the products on foot.The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was getting the prouducts delivered on time. – less
Work From Home!
Independent Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2012
Pros: set your own hours, work from home
Cons: involves a lot of brand selling.
I have been selling Avon for the last year to suppplement my income. I really enjoy it, as I work at my own pace and you really get out of it what you put in. My DM is always available when I need her, as well as other Reps if I feel that I am having a difficult time. As a part-time career, you really get to set it aside to focus on achieving work/life – more... balance. The hardest part is constantly keeping my name out there, bringing in new clientele, because I can be very shy, however I feel the best sense of satisfaction when I am able to come through for those clients who have allergies, or experience skin sensitivity, or those who really just want my honest opinion and it turns out for the best! – less
fun working environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2012
you plan your day in your own
you learn knowing people and dealing with them
the manager do the followup
and the team is great you meet at the meetings or at the products presentations
the hardest part is recruding new sales representatives under yourself
the enjoyable part is proping the brochures and discribing the products to the customer.
Great Products
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 17, 2012
Even though I had gone around to customers and told them about AVON's products to sell them, not only did it make me realize what I may need, but I also realized who else needs these products. With the amount of information I have with those products, I could probably sell more than I can imagine. The knowledge that you have with the products is what – more... makes sales. The hardest part of the job is to keep finding more customers to make sales. The enjoyable part is that AVON products keeps the customers satisfied. – less
productive and fun dealing with client
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2012
Pros: free samples and discounts in all items
Cons: flexible time
working in avon is fun and meeting people who are beauty conscious
Nice Place to work
Finished Goods Planner/Expeditor (Former Employee), montreal, qcApril 17, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: not much flecxibility
I learned many things at Avon
Loyalty
professionalism
hard work
meeting great people
team work
diversity
Great to get discounts on needed household items.
Representative, PCP, and Leader (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 16, 2012
I work my own hours. I've learned a lot about managing my own business and preparing for taxes. I have the best District Sales Manager and Support person I could ever ask for. The hardest part of my job is to motivate my team members and get them as excited about selling and leadership as I am. I enjoy meeting new people and providing customer service.
Fabulous opportunity to earn recognition!
District Sales Manager - Ontario (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCApril 3, 2012
Pros: earn fabulous trips around the world
Cons: introduction of multi level sales
Responsible for profits and expenditures for 1.5 million dollar district.
Turn around specialist in motivating, recruiting, training, sales presentation and seminars.
Day to day activities varied which made job fantastic.
Opportunities to develop professionally and personally were immense.
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 23, 2012
Pros: meeting lots of people's needs and flexible hours
Cons: less customers in my community
This was a side job, that enabled me to socialize with my community, all my products where mailed to me and I cashed the profits that I made as I received a percentage in my bank account.
Fun, energetic and convenient
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2014
Working for Avon has been a blessing. As a mother of two who attends school, I need a second job. Avon was an convenient way to make extra cash. Working for Avon I got the taste of what running my own company would be like. I met a lot of wonderful people, and I continue to grow as an Avon Representative.

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more