Avon

Avon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enjoy work place
Sales Agent (Former Employee), AntipoloCcityApril 4, 2013
it takes 8 hours a day plus 1 hour lunch break, i learned how to serve properly the management is good and my co workers os good also they become my friend, the enjoyable part of job is even it is in pick hours we help each other to do that task .
Great work at your own pace!
Independent Representative (Former Employee), From homeMarch 27, 2013
Pros: great support and product.
Cons: you have to invest some before you make some.
A typical day at work was like a typical day at home, but it was very easy to manage my sales independently!
I like to work with avon
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 12, 2013
Working with Avon is a learning experience to be in touch with the custmers.
Productive, and experience
General Laborer (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 11, 2013
a typical day at work is writing up bills, bagging orders, and delivering them to customers
Solitary work with lots of math
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Keswick OntarioFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: free products, make your own hours
Cons: alot of accounting, client based problem solving
Basically when new catalogues came in I would deliver them around to houses and then take orders, place them. When the orders came in I would deliver them and collect the payments. I would then submit the payments and calculate costs. I learned how to calculate tax and how to interact with people and be personable. It was a pretty individual job so – more... I worked by myself alot. The hardest part of the job was when there wasn't anymore of a certain product and you had to substitute a product and someone wasn't happy. The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with people and build relationships with them. – less
A great job for a little extra spending money
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cornwall, OnFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: work at your own pace, from home
Cons: unstable income
A typical day working with Avon includes contacting existing customers, and hunting for new leads, processing orders, and making certain that your current invoices are up to date. Customer refunds are processed, and all complaints and questions are answered by the sales rep.
I learned a great deal about time and self management, as well as skin care – more... and assorted other products that the company sells.
While there is a management team in place, the individual reps are expected to manage themselves. This is not a job that includes co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is diffusing angry customers who did not receive a product they had ordered, either due to a back log on the item, or the item advertised being discontinued. At this time, it's easy for a rep to take the full blame for a situation that is out of her control. In order to keep in the customer's good graces, a number of solutions and sacrifices must be made on the part of the rep, with no compensation from the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing customer satisfaction. Knowing that you've helped a customer find a product they love is very, very rewarding. – less
Excellent Part time job for a Student; work with a team, or on your own.
Avon Independent Representative (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: work how you want (alone or on a team), make your own hours, be your own boss, choose how to earn (whether that be growing a team or selling product).
Cons: lots of driving, disappointed about their morals when it comes to animal testing.
With Avon I was able to make my own hours which made life very easy. I am a student therefore it is a great job to have on the side and carry with me where ever I go. I learned how to be an entrepreneur, a sales associate, a team member and a hard worker. Avon management is a little bit different than regular companies because they are an independent – more... representative type of business. However I felt very supported by my district sales manager, and was always encouraged to keep up the hard work. My co-workers varied depending on their passion for the job. I like working with a team and helping others out, but often it is difficult to work with someone who is not as passionate as you are. The hardest part of working for Avon is that it is a lot of driving in order to deliver orders, set up and go to meetings, and attend seminars, ect. The most enjoyable part of selling Avon is the look on my customers face when I deliver their orders and how easy it is to get excited about working for Avon. – less
Very well orginized
Personal sales representative (Former Employee), -January 20, 2013
Pros: dealing with amazing people
I learned how to properly communicate with customers and to give them the best service that i could. I made sure standards where met when giving them the products they acquired.
Was a great experience
Independent Representative, I (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 10, 2012
Worked well for me in the summer. I like being my own boss. Had a small opportunity to network. Was a fairly easy job.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN
BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee), CALGARYDecember 6, 2012
IT IS NICE WORKING WITH THEM AND GETTING TO MEET SO MANY PEOPLE WHO IS SHOWING MORE INTEREST IN THE PRODUCT THAN BEFORE.
Beauty Products
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 6, 2012
You are your own boss, you set your own hours, and you make the amount of money you wish. You are responsible to find your own cliental, the more clients you have the more money you will make.
Great company to grow with.
Self-employed sales leader (Former Employee), Toronto, MississaugaDecember 4, 2012
Flexible employment. Great place to meet new contacts.

I started with Avon after working full time as a Human Resources/Payroll assistant. After 16 years I left due to the company re-structuring. I decided to take some time off and raise 2 small boys. That is when I focused more on Avon as it allowed me flexible work hours.
Not worth it
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONNovember 19, 2012
Pros: running you own business
Cons: lose more money than you make
Not fun. You get lied to. You need to sell about over 1000 dollars to make anything
Disappointing orientation and training almost non existant
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 23, 2012
Pros: good commission, free prodcts
Cons: did not have enough time to develpfully
I did this at a time in my life when I had 4 children at home and was also babysitting several so if I would have speent more time with my customer base i feel i would have done better!!
Amazing assentives
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 21, 2012
Pros: great deals
Cons: lack of pay
I enjoy working with this company, it taught me customer services skills. The people are amazing they're a great help. The hardest part of the job is finding the right clients to sell the product too.
Productive, fun
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mount Hope, ONOctober 16, 2012
Great company to work for, has its ups and downs because you are your own worker, but i would do it again in a heart beat. You set your own hours which is nice. The managers and leaders are fantastic they are so energetic and eager to help you with anything you need. I love working with people and you are always meeting new people with Avon.
Productive and fun
Representative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: discounts
Cons: takes time to build your business
Typical day at work:
- part time
- socialize with customers
- deliver books and orders
Hardest part:
- finding time to deliver orders
Alot of fun and lots of products
Avon Representative (Former Employee), QuebecAugust 16, 2012
Pros: no set schedule
Cons: long hours
Interacting with customers on a daily basis. Lots of fun. Got to try alot of the products they sell.
Interesting products to sell
Avon Rep (Former Employee), New Westminster, British ColumbiaAugust 14, 2012
Pros: working on my own
Cons: delivering the products by foot.
Productive and fun workplace with products for sale. Worked independantly in selling products and delivering them to the customer. Learned to Multi-task. Management was really understanding. Co-workers were always there to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was delivering the products Didn't have a car, had to deliver the products on foot.The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was getting the prouducts delivered on time. – less
Work From Home!
Independent Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2012
Pros: set your own hours, work from home
Cons: involves a lot of brand selling.
I have been selling Avon for the last year to suppplement my income. I really enjoy it, as I work at my own pace and you really get out of it what you put in. My DM is always available when I need her, as well as other Reps if I feel that I am having a difficult time. As a part-time career, you really get to set it aside to focus on achieving work/life – more... balance. The hardest part is constantly keeping my name out there, bringing in new clientele, because I can be very shy, however I feel the best sense of satisfaction when I am able to come through for those clients who have allergies, or experience skin sensitivity, or those who really just want my honest opinion and it turns out for the best! – less

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more