Avon Employee Reviews

Solitary work with lots of math
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Keswick Ontario26 February 2013
Basically when new catalogues came in I would deliver them around to houses and then take orders, place them. When the orders came in I would deliver them and collect the payments. I would then submit the payments and calculate costs. I learned how to calculate tax and how to interact with people and be personable. It was a pretty individual job so I worked by myself alot. The hardest part of the job was when there wasn't anymore of a certain product and you had to substitute a product and someone wasn't happy. The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with people and build relationships with them.
Pros
free products, make your own hours
Cons
alot of accounting, client based problem solving
great if you like independent work
independent sales representative (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC13 February 2015
Lots of hand on and speaking to people and lots of phone calls no boss yelling at you must be self motivated communication skills sell the product and organization skills money management set your own dead lines and meet them set your own goals and follow up with them
Pros
more time at home with family
Cons
different environment have to be self motivated no buss yelling at you
fun and a great way to get out and meet new people
Part Time Direct Sales Business (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 July 2015
This is great way to get out and make some extra money. You work the business as much or as little as you want. I like it as its extra money for me for Christmas or Vacations with my son.
Walking Handing out books
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ON30 November 2015
Fun to work for
make extra cash
good products
great prices
great support team
easy website and easy to work for
good place to work from home
great samples
Work your own hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 November 2015
Good place to work, flexible hours, work at own pace.
You are able to set up your own clientele for repeat sales and can develop your own ability to push sales further and further each time.
Very convenient job especially because it is a stay at home job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Home31 August 2015
I currently am still working for Avon as a sales associate. I have been working for Avon for over 6 months now and its a very nice job because it is done at your own convenience and doesn't clash with either my social life or my school work and even if i get a job somewhere else.
Pros
discount on most Avon products
Cons
Disappointing orientation and training almost non existant
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 October 2012
I did this at a time in my life when I had 4 children at home and was also babysitting several so if I would have speent more time with my customer base i feel i would have done better!!
Pros
good commission, free prodcts
Cons
did not have enough time to develpfully
Great way to gain customer service skills.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Avon, ON22 November 2013
It was good to go out, meet new people, and gain customer service skills, such as speaking the right way to your customers, how to gain customers and maintain their trust.
You had to put in your time, to make the money you wanted to make. If you didn't, you wouldn't make any money.
My co-workers were really supportive of me trying to get sales and teaching me about their experiences.
The most enjoyable part about the job was trying on Avon products myself, and being able to give customers my honest opinion.
Pros
Samples of products
Cons
Hard to make sales
Excellent Part time job for a Student; work with a team, or on your own.
Avon Independent Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 January 2013
With Avon I was able to make my own hours which made life very easy. I am a student therefore it is a great job to have on the side and carry with me where ever I go. I learned how to be an entrepreneur, a sales associate, a team member and a hard worker. Avon management is a little bit different than regular companies because they are an independent representative type of business. However I felt very supported by my district sales manager, and was always encouraged to keep up the hard work. My co-workers varied depending on their passion for the job. I like working with a team and helping others out, but often it is difficult to work with someone who is not as passionate as you are. The hardest part of working for Avon is that it is a lot of driving in order to deliver orders, set up and go to meetings, and attend seminars, ect. The most enjoyable part of selling Avon is the look on my customers face when I deliver their orders and how easy it is to get excited about working for Avon.
Pros
work how you want (alone or on a team), make your own hours, be your own boss, choose how to earn (whether that be growing a team or selling product).
Cons
lots of driving, disappointed about their morals when it comes to animal testing.
Fun part time work selling beauty products, and meeting new people
Part time, Direct Marketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  home1 October 2015
This is a self-employed part time position. I have been a sales representative for 22 years, 18 years as a Presidents Club member.
Great Products
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 July 2012
Even though I had gone around to customers and told them about AVON's products to sell them, not only did it make me realize what I may need, but I also realized who else needs these products. With the amount of information I have with those products, I could probably sell more than I can imagine. The knowledge that you have with the products is what makes sales. The hardest part of the job is to keep finding more customers to make sales. The enjoyable part is that AVON products keeps the customers satisfied.
enjoy work place
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  AntipoloCcity4 April 2013
it takes 8 hours a day plus 1 hour lunch break, i learned how to serve properly the management is good and my co workers os good also they become my friend, the enjoyable part of job is even it is in pick hours we help each other to do that task .
Easy to balance home life and work.
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2013
Avon allowed me to focus on my school while still earning money on the side. It is all done on my own time, and there are no consequences should I choose to take some days off. It let me branch out and learn how to interact with other people, something I was really shy about doing before. The pay wasn't to good because it was all commission, so if I was having a busy week with school and did not have any time to sit down and focus on Avon, I didn't make any money.
Alot of fun and lots of products
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec16 August 2012
Interacting with customers on a daily basis. Lots of fun. Got to try alot of the products they sell.
Pros
no set schedule
Cons
Good place to meet lots of people
Administrative Assistant Avon Canada (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 August 2013
Worked on own schedule as time allowed. Answered calls and emails for a district of over 600 people
Pros
met lots of nice people
Fun
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 April 2013
A waste of time and money.
You need to have a large supply of friends that like make up to be very successful.
They have cheaper quality products than leading brands, the only issue was their online ordering system. Also half the time I would not receive my orders on time, or at all.
I got to try a wide selection of their products with my discount and because I would have to order at least one item a month I now have an assortment of colors of nail polish.
typical day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 March 2015
you work from home so its not really any different from being home on a regular day. Although sometime you have to go around your block and see if anyone would like for you to be their representative, you give them a brochure, they tell you what you want. When you start this job you get a bunch of forms ad instructions about what to do.
INDEPENDENT SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2015
Great Work is the work that increases employee engagement and personal effectiveness. But how do they get started when everyone is so busy with managing the overwhelm of day-to-day business life?
Great Company to Represent
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 March 2014
Excellent training and support from management! Great perks and incentives. Love the Avon products! They have a great reputation and have had loyal customers for over 125 years.
Pros
Free products incentives/Great discounts
Fabulous opportunity to earn recognition!
District Sales Manager - Ontario (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 April 2012
Responsible for profits and expenditures for 1.5 million dollar district.
Turn around specialist in motivating, recruiting, training, sales presentation and seminars.
Day to day activities varied which made job fantastic.
Opportunities to develop professionally and personally were immense.
Pros
earn fabulous trips around the world
Cons
introduction of multi level sales