Avon

Avon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Avon Representative
Sales Representative, Avon (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 1, 2013
I liked working at Avon I did really good in my sales and with customers. I just found it to be a very unorganized work place.
take charge kind of job
sales rep (Former Employee), everywhereSeptember 12, 2013
With this job you feel a sense of empowerment. It almost feels like you are running your own little mini business. you pretty much call all the shot and do not have to confirm your affairs with anyone else. you have the pleasure of working with customers and the solidarity of working alone doing paper work. overall it is a very take charge job that allows for flexible schedules.
Amazing products at cheap rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2013
- I learnt how to manage receipts and cash
- No co-workers
- Once shipped products arrived, customers usually wanted a refund which was the hardest part of the job
Educational and Independent Workplace
Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 31, 2013
Pros: - hard work pays off; once you have sold a certain amount your commission increases
Cons: - don't get paid hourly; salary based on commission
- Work from home
- Improves verbal skills
- Very educational; lots of seminars and webinars are available to improve sales and educates workers on new software
- Management is very friendly and understanding; they help you succeed
- Learned how to improve my sales and gain valuable information
- Met with new customers and made friendships
Fun,
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nepean, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pros: free samples!!!
Cons: not enough money
Learning experience
great over-all manager and co-workers (within district)
Customer service
time consuming
money management skills
enjoyed the cafateria and medical and dental insurance
Assembler (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCAugust 22, 2013
Pros: got discount off avon products
This was a very fast paced job which I enjoyed very much I worked a 12 hour night shift from 7pm-7am, the salary was very good started at 17$ an hour.Got along with everyone
Good place to meet lots of people
Administrative Assistant Avon Canada (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 7, 2013
Pros: met lots of nice people
Cons: long hours
Worked on own schedule as time allowed. Answered calls and emails for a district of over 600 people
Not my first choice of jobs
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJuly 19, 2013
Pros: samples, freedom
Cons: hidden fees, slow delivery
I wish there wasn't so many hidden fees, etc so you had a chance to make money.
fun environment almost a self employment and flexible
Sales Representative (Current Employee), work from homeJuly 12, 2013
Pros: free gift set time to time
Cons: i make my own hours
I love being able to help others with their inside and outside beauty, on a daily basis. Advertising, selling, social interaction--- It's all great
Sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Sutton West, ONJune 30, 2013
Pros: part time
Cons: not enough income
I love meeting people and getting to know them.know.

They teach me to run my own bussiness.
Easy to balance home life and work.
Sales representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2013
Avon allowed me to focus on my school while still earning money on the side. It is all done on my own time, and there are no consequences should I choose to take some days off. It let me branch out and learn how to interact with other people, something I was really shy about doing before. The pay wasn't to good because it was all commission, so if I was having a busy week with school and did not have any time to sit down and focus on Avon, I didn't make any money.
Absolutely horrid.
Representative (Current Employee), Alberta CanadaMay 8, 2013
Pros: you get a tiny discount on products.
Cons: too many to list in this little box.
First off, I have always loved Avon products as a customer. That's why I started selling over 2 years ago.

But as a rep?
You pay for the long distance calls with any question you have for them. There will be a lot. There's no toll free number.
You often wait for over 20 minutes to have your call answered if you can get through at all.
You pay for all your bags to put your customers items in. As well as over $10 for brochures. (12 campaigns per year)
You pay the $12 shipping to get your order.
If your customer wants to return something, you get to pay that shipping cost as well.
Overall, you spend way too much on this "business". I will always love Avon products but simply cannot afford to sell them.
Both thumbs down.
Fun
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 9, 2013
A waste of time and money.
You need to have a large supply of friends that like make up to be very successful.
They have cheaper quality products than leading brands, the only issue was their online ordering system. Also half the time I would not receive my orders on time, or at all.
I got to try a wide selection of their products with my discount and because I would have to order at least one item a month I now have an assortment of colors of nail polish.
Work on your own time
Sales representative (Former Employee), Mississauga/TorontoApril 7, 2013
Avon is a company which allows you to give books out and make orders. when order is complete and customer is satisfied you get a certain percentage of what you sold.

I learned how to communicate better with people

need to know how to manage money.

the most enjoyable part of the job is making our customers happy
enjoy work place
Sales Agent (Former Employee), AntipoloCcityApril 4, 2013
it takes 8 hours a day plus 1 hour lunch break, i learned how to serve properly the management is good and my co workers os good also they become my friend, the enjoyable part of job is even it is in pick hours we help each other to do that task .
Great work at your own pace!
Independent Representative (Former Employee), From homeMarch 27, 2013
Pros: great support and product.
Cons: you have to invest some before you make some.
A typical day at work was like a typical day at home, but it was very easy to manage my sales independently!
I like to work with avon
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 12, 2013
Working with Avon is a learning experience to be in touch with the custmers.
Productive, and experience
General Laborer (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 11, 2013
a typical day at work is writing up bills, bagging orders, and delivering them to customers
Solitary work with lots of math
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Keswick OntarioFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: free products, make your own hours
Cons: alot of accounting, client based problem solving
Basically when new catalogues came in I would deliver them around to houses and then take orders, place them. When the orders came in I would deliver them and collect the payments. I would then submit the payments and calculate costs. I learned how to calculate tax and how to interact with people and be personable. It was a pretty individual job so I worked by myself alot. The hardest part of the job was when there wasn't anymore of a certain product and you had to substitute a product and someone wasn't happy. The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with people and build relationships with them.
A great job for a little extra spending money
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cornwall, OnFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: work at your own pace, from home
Cons: unstable income
A typical day working with Avon includes contacting existing customers, and hunting for new leads, processing orders, and making certain that your current invoices are up to date. Customer refunds are processed, and all complaints and questions are answered by the sales rep.
I learned a great deal about time and self management, as well as skin care and assorted other products that the company sells.
While there is a management team in place, the individual reps are expected to manage themselves. This is not a job that includes co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is diffusing angry customers who did not receive a product they had ordered, either due to a back log on the item, or the item advertised being discontinued. At this time, it's easy for a rep to take the full blame for a situation that is out of her control. In order to keep in the customer's good graces, a number of solutions and sacrifices must be made on the part of the rep, with no compensation from the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing customer satisfaction. Knowing that you've helped a customer find a product they love is very, very rewarding.
Industry