Avon Employee Reviews

enjoyed the cafateria and medical and dental insurance
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC22 August 2013
This was a very fast paced job which I enjoyed very much I worked a 12 hour night shift from 7pm-7am, the salary was very good started at 17$ an hour.Got along with everyone
Pros
got discount off Avon products
Solitary work with lots of math
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Keswick Ontario26 February 2013
Basically when new catalogues came in I would deliver them around to houses and then take orders, place them. When the orders came in I would deliver them and collect the payments. I would then submit the payments and calculate costs. I learned how to calculate tax and how to interact with people and be personable. It was a pretty individual job so I worked by myself alot. The hardest part of the job was when there wasn't anymore of a certain product and you had to substitute a product and someone wasn't happy. The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with people and build relationships with them.
Pros
free products, make your own hours
Cons
alot of accounting, client based problem solving
enjoy work place
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  AntipoloCcity4 April 2013
it takes 8 hours a day plus 1 hour lunch break, i learned how to serve properly the management is good and my co workers os good also they become my friend, the enjoyable part of job is even it is in pick hours we help each other to do that task .
Great Company to Represent
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 March 2014
Excellent training and support from management! Great perks and incentives. Love the Avon products! They have a great reputation and have had loyal customers for over 125 years.
Pros
Free products incentives/Great discounts
fun and a great way to get out and meet new people
Part Time Direct Sales Business (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 July 2015
This is great way to get out and make some extra money. You work the business as much or as little as you want. I like it as its extra money for me for Christmas or Vacations with my son.
meet new & interesting people all the time
Sales Representative-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 January 2014
make your own hours and goals
met new friends
management is helpful
monthly meetings to keep up with latest aids
Great way to gain customer service skills.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Avon, ON22 November 2013
It was good to go out, meet new people, and gain customer service skills, such as speaking the right way to your customers, how to gain customers and maintain their trust.
You had to put in your time, to make the money you wanted to make. If you didn't, you wouldn't make any money.
My co-workers were really supportive of me trying to get sales and teaching me about their experiences.
The most enjoyable part about the job was trying on Avon products myself, and being able to give customers my honest opinion.
Pros
Samples of products
Cons
Hard to make sales
Good place to meet lots of people
Administrative Assistant Avon Canada (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 August 2013
Worked on own schedule as time allowed. Answered calls and emails for a district of over 600 people
Pros
met lots of nice people
typical day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 March 2015
you work from home so its not really any different from being home on a regular day. Although sometime you have to go around your block and see if anyone would like for you to be their representative, you give them a brochure, they tell you what you want. When you start this job you get a bunch of forms ad instructions about what to do.
Fun,
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON27 August 2013
Learning experience
great over-all manager and co-workers (within district)
Customer service
time consuming
money management skills
Pros
free samples!!!
Cons
Not enough money
Alot of fun and lots of products
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec16 August 2012
Interacting with customers on a daily basis. Lots of fun. Got to try alot of the products they sell.
Pros
no set schedule
sales person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  home based business14 January 2015
sell product and introduce promotions, find a new customers every day
INDEPENDENT SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2015
Great Work is the work that increases employee engagement and personal effectiveness. But how do they get started when everyone is so busy with managing the overwhelm of day-to-day business life?
Great Products
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 July 2012
Even though I had gone around to customers and told them about AVON's products to sell them, not only did it make me realize what I may need, but I also realized who else needs these products. With the amount of information I have with those products, I could probably sell more than I can imagine. The knowledge that you have with the products is what makes sales. The hardest part of the job is to keep finding more customers to make sales. The enjoyable part is that AVON products keeps the customers satisfied.
Met lots of new people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2013
I enjoyed working for Avon because I got the opportunity to met new people
Pros
got to be my own boss
Cons
long hours in the cold
Easy to balance home life and work.
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2013
Avon allowed me to focus on my school while still earning money on the side. It is all done on my own time, and there are no consequences should I choose to take some days off. It let me branch out and learn how to interact with other people, something I was really shy about doing before. The pay wasn't to good because it was all commission, so if I was having a busy week with school and did not have any time to sit down and focus on Avon, I didn't make any money.
Fun
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 April 2013
A waste of time and money.
You need to have a large supply of friends that like make up to be very successful.
They have cheaper quality products than leading brands, the only issue was their online ordering system. Also half the time I would not receive my orders on time, or at all.
I got to try a wide selection of their products with my discount and because I would have to order at least one item a month I now have an assortment of colors of nail polish.
take charge kind of job
sales rep (Former Employee) –  everywhere12 September 2013
With this job you feel a sense of empowerment. It almost feels like you are running your own little mini business. you pretty much call all the shot and do not have to confirm your affairs with anyone else. you have the pleasure of working with customers and the solidarity of working alone doing paper work. overall it is a very take charge job that allows for flexible schedules.
fun working environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2012
you plan your day in your own
you learn knowing people and dealing with them
the manager do the followup
and the team is great you meet at the meetings or at the products presentations
the hardest part is recruding new sales representatives under yourself
the enjoyable part is proping the brochures and discribing the products to the customer.
Fabulous opportunity to earn recognition!
District Sales Manager - Ontario (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 April 2012
Responsible for profits and expenditures for 1.5 million dollar district.
Turn around specialist in motivating, recruiting, training, sales presentation and seminars.
Day to day activities varied which made job fantastic.
Opportunities to develop professionally and personally were immense.
Pros
earn fabulous trips around the world
Cons
introduction of multi level sales