Avon Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent Part time job for a Student; work with a team, or on your own.
Avon Independent Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 24, 2013
With Avon I was able to make my own hours which made life very easy. I am a student therefore it is a great job to have on the side and carry with me where ever I go. I learned how to be an entrepreneur, a sales associate, a team member and a hard worker. Avon management is a little bit different than regular companies because they are an independent representative type of business. However I felt very supported by my district sales manager, and was always encouraged to keep up the hard work. My co-workers varied depending on their passion for the job. I like working with a team and helping others out, but often it is difficult to work with someone who is not as passionate as you are. The hardest part of working for Avon is that it is a lot of driving in order to deliver orders, set up and go to meetings, and attend seminars, ect. The most enjoyable part of selling Avon is the look on my customers face when I deliver their orders and how easy it is to get excited about working for Avon.
Pros
work how you want (alone or on a team), make your own hours, be your own boss, choose how to earn (whether that be growing a team or selling product).
Cons
lots of driving, disappointed about their morals when it comes to animal testing.
Easy to balance home life and work.
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2013
Avon allowed me to focus on my school while still earning money on the side. It is all done on my own time, and there are no consequences should I choose to take some days off. It let me branch out and learn how to interact with other people, something I was really shy about doing before. The pay wasn't to good because it was all commission, so if I was having a busy week with school and did not have any time to sit down and focus on Avon, I didn't make any money.
Great Products
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 17, 2012
Even though I had gone around to customers and told them about AVON's products to sell them, not only did it make me realize what I may need, but I also realized who else needs these products. With the amount of information I have with those products, I could probably sell more than I can imagine. The knowledge that you have with the products is what makes sales. The hardest part of the job is to keep finding more customers to make sales. The enjoyable part is that AVON products keeps the customers satisfied.
sales person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  home based businessJanuary 14, 2015
sell product and introduce promotions, find a new customers every day
enjoy work place
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  AntipoloCcityApril 4, 2013
it takes 8 hours a day plus 1 hour lunch break, i learned how to serve properly the management is good and my co workers os good also they become my friend, the enjoyable part of job is even it is in pick hours we help each other to do that task .
Alot of fun and lots of products
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  QuebecAugust 16, 2012
Interacting with customers on a daily basis. Lots of fun. Got to try alot of the products they sell.
Pros
no set schedule
Cons
Good place to meet lots of people
Administrative Assistant Avon Canada (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 7, 2013
Worked on own schedule as time allowed. Answered calls and emails for a district of over 600 people
Pros
met lots of nice people
Fun
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 9, 2013
A waste of time and money.
You need to have a large supply of friends that like make up to be very successful.
They have cheaper quality products than leading brands, the only issue was their online ordering system. Also half the time I would not receive my orders on time, or at all.
I got to try a wide selection of their products with my discount and because I would have to order at least one item a month I now have an assortment of colors of nail polish.
Selling Products to customers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2015
This was the first job I had. It taught many things such as dealing with money, helping various customers find what they wanted,Keeping track of orders, sorting products, and making sure they got to the right customer.
Great Company to Represent
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 4, 2014
Excellent training and support from management! Great perks and incentives. Love the Avon products! They have a great reputation and have had loyal customers for over 125 years.
Pros
free products incentives/great discounts
take charge kind of job
sales rep (Former Employee) –  everywhereSeptember 12, 2013
With this job you feel a sense of empowerment. It almost feels like you are running your own little mini business. you pretty much call all the shot and do not have to confirm your affairs with anyone else. you have the pleasure of working with customers and the solidarity of working alone doing paper work. overall it is a very take charge job that allows for flexible schedules.
Fabulous opportunity to earn recognition!
District Sales Manager - Ontario (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Responsible for profits and expenditures for 1.5 million dollar district.
Turn around specialist in motivating, recruiting, training, sales presentation and seminars.
Day to day activities varied which made job fantastic.
Opportunities to develop professionally and personally were immense.
Pros
earn fabulous trips around the world
Cons
introduction of multi level sales
Met lots of new people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
I enjoyed working for Avon because I got the opportunity to met new people
Pros
got to be my own boss
Cons
long hours in the cold
Great to get discounts on needed household items.
Representative, PCP, and Leader (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 16, 2012
I work my own hours. I've learned a lot about managing my own business and preparing for taxes. I have the best District Sales Manager and Support person I could ever ask for. The hardest part of my job is to motivate my team members and get them as excited about selling and leadership as I am. I enjoy meeting new people and providing customer service.
It was very pleasant, I learned a lot
In-person consultation, customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 7, 2014
It was very pleasant working because I got to learn how to work with people, be more confident with strangers when going door to door.

Making sure customers are satisfied, also get updates with next booklets that we received.
Pros
getting to know people, and different products they like and why.
fun working environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2012
you plan your day in your own
you learn knowing people and dealing with them
the manager do the followup
and the team is great you meet at the meetings or at the products presentations
the hardest part is recruding new sales representatives under yourself
the enjoyable part is proping the brochures and discribing the products to the customer.
Productive, fun
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ONOctober 16, 2012
Great company to work for, has its ups and downs because you are your own worker, but i would do it again in a heart beat. You set your own hours which is nice. The managers and leaders are fantastic they are so energetic and eager to help you with anything you need. I love working with people and you are always meeting new people with Avon.
meet new & interesting people all the time
Sales Representative-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 29, 2014
make your own hours and goals
met new friends
management is helpful
monthly meetings to keep up with latest aids
Fun,
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONAugust 27, 2013
Learning experience
great over-all manager and co-workers (within district)
Customer service
time consuming
money management skills
Pros
free samples!!!
Cons
not enough money
Productive Working With Avon
Avon Sales Assitant (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONDecember 2, 2014
Being an Avon assistant taught me many skills like how to write up detailed receipts take and submit orders written & electronically. Deliver orders door to door & brochures.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
can be long