Avon Employee Reviews in Canada

great if you like independent work
independent sales representative (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BCFebruary 13, 2015
Lots of hand on and speaking to people and lots of phone calls no boss yelling at you must be self motivated communication skills sell the product and organization skills money management set your own dead lines and meet them set your own goals and follow up with them
Pros
more time at home with family
Cons
different environment have to be self motivated no buss yelling at you
Being My Own Boss Has Benefits
Leadership Representative and Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
A typical day with my Avon business means lots of time at the desk, whether it be typing emails, creating marketing for social media, or phone calls.

On 'good weather' days, I like to go out and get the attention of would-be Avon shoppers and sellers. It is easy and fun to let people know about my business, and the fact that I can help them be in business too.

I have learned, since being a Leader/Trainer, that I cannot assume that representatives will automatically know or like everything, and that my job with them goes deeper than just coaching at the beginning - which helps me build my own character in the process.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the Freedom to do public tables while wearing a pink wig, or to attend networking events all dressed in pink, to have in-home parties and of course my social media pages are addictive!
Alternate Support
Alternate support (Current Employee) –  Durham RegionJuly 23, 2014
Phone calls for inactive rep. finding out if they need more training, brochures ect. Dealing with reps that are having problems with computer program, collections. You pretty much work on your own The hardest part is to continue to call people that are owe money and they do not seem to understand that if they do not pay it will go to collections, I enjoy this job it can be a very rewarding experience.
Pros
you pick your work hours
Cons
I had fun working alongside customers and getting to meet face to face
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 29, 2014
Going door to door and meeting unique people while offering the various products of Avon.
I learned face to face communication with customers.
I worked independently so there were no co-workers
Management was great and flexible.
Not making enough money and living on free products was not worth the job.
The most enjoyable part was watching customers open up their packages as they got the things they had ordered as they had expected them to come. It was like watching a child open a present.
The hardest part of the job was rejection.
Pros
it was fun seeing customers smile when receiving their products
Cons
customers that were rude and rejected to buy things
Great way to gain customer service skills.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Avon, ONNovember 22, 2013
It was good to go out, meet new people, and gain customer service skills, such as speaking the right way to your customers, how to gain customers and maintain their trust.
You had to put in your time, to make the money you wanted to make. If you didn't, you wouldn't make any money.
My co-workers were really supportive of me trying to get sales and teaching me about their experiences.
The most enjoyable part about the job was trying on Avon products myself, and being able to give customers my honest opinion.
Pros
samples of products
Cons
hard to make sales
Educational and Independent Workplace
Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 31, 2013
- Work from home
- Improves verbal skills
- Very educational; lots of seminars and webinars are available to improve sales and educates workers on new software
- Management is very friendly and understanding; they help you succeed
- Learned how to improve my sales and gain valuable information
- Met with new customers and made friendships
Pros
- hard work pays off; once you have sold a certain amount your commission increases
Cons
- don't get paid hourly; salary based on commission
Easy to balance home life and work.
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2013
Avon allowed me to focus on my school while still earning money on the side. It is all done on my own time, and there are no consequences should I choose to take some days off. It let me branch out and learn how to interact with other people, something I was really shy about doing before. The pay wasn't to good because it was all commission, so if I was having a busy week with school and did not have any time to sit down and focus on Avon, I didn't make any money.
Great Products
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 17, 2012
Even though I had gone around to customers and told them about AVON's products to sell them, not only did it make me realize what I may need, but I also realized who else needs these products. With the amount of information I have with those products, I could probably sell more than I can imagine. The knowledge that you have with the products is what makes sales. The hardest part of the job is to keep finding more customers to make sales. The enjoyable part is that AVON products keeps the customers satisfied.
Interesting products to sell
Avon Rep (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, British ColumbiaAugust 14, 2012
Productive and fun workplace with products for sale. Worked independantly in selling products and delivering them to the customer. Learned to Multi-task. Management was really understanding. Co-workers were always there to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was delivering the products Didn't have a car, had to deliver the products on foot.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the prouducts delivered on time.
Pros
working on my own
Cons
delivering the products by foot.
Fun
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 9, 2013
A waste of time and money.
You need to have a large supply of friends that like make up to be very successful.
They have cheaper quality products than leading brands, the only issue was their online ordering system. Also half the time I would not receive my orders on time, or at all.
I got to try a wide selection of their products with my discount and because I would have to order at least one item a month I now have an assortment of colors of nail polish.
Solitary work with lots of math
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Keswick OntarioFebruary 26, 2013
Basically when new catalogues came in I would deliver them around to houses and then take orders, place them. When the orders came in I would deliver them and collect the payments. I would then submit the payments and calculate costs. I learned how to calculate tax and how to interact with people and be personable. It was a pretty individual job so I worked by myself alot. The hardest part of the job was when there wasn't anymore of a certain product and you had to substitute a product and someone wasn't happy. The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with people and build relationships with them.
Pros
free products, make your own hours
Cons
alot of accounting, client based problem solving
Work From Home!
Independent Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2012
I have been selling Avon for the last year to suppplement my income. I really enjoy it, as I work at my own pace and you really get out of it what you put in. My DM is always available when I need her, as well as other Reps if I feel that I am having a difficult time. As a part-time career, you really get to set it aside to focus on achieving work/life balance. The hardest part is constantly keeping my name out there, bringing in new clientele, because I can be very shy, however I feel the best sense of satisfaction when I am able to come through for those clients who have allergies, or experience skin sensitivity, or those who really just want my honest opinion and it turns out for the best!
Pros
set your own hours, work from home
Cons
involves a lot of brand selling.
Fabulous opportunity to earn recognition!
District Sales Manager - Ontario (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Responsible for profits and expenditures for 1.5 million dollar district.
Turn around specialist in motivating, recruiting, training, sales presentation and seminars.
Day to day activities varied which made job fantastic.
Opportunities to develop professionally and personally were immense.
Pros
earn fabulous trips around the world
Cons
introduction of multi level sales
Absolutely horrid.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Alberta CanadaMay 8, 2013
First off, I have always loved Avon products as a customer. That's why I started selling over 2 years ago.

But as a rep?
You pay for the long distance calls with any question you have for them. There will be a lot. There's no toll free number.
You often wait for over 20 minutes to have your call answered if you can get through at all.
You pay for all your bags to put your customers items in. As well as over $10 for brochures. (12 campaigns per year)
You pay the $12 shipping to get your order.
If your customer wants to return something, you get to pay that shipping cost as well.
Overall, you spend way too much on this "business". I will always love Avon products but simply cannot afford to sell them.
Both thumbs down.
Pros
you get a tiny discount on products.
Cons
too many to list in this little box.
Selling Products to customers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2015
This was the first job I had. It taught many things such as dealing with money, helping various customers find what they wanted,Keeping track of orders, sorting products, and making sure they got to the right customer.
Great to get discounts on needed household items.
Representative, PCP, and Leader (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 16, 2012
I work my own hours. I've learned a lot about managing my own business and preparing for taxes. I have the best District Sales Manager and Support person I could ever ask for. The hardest part of my job is to motivate my team members and get them as excited about selling and leadership as I am. I enjoy meeting new people and providing customer service.
Independent Sales Representative
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 31, 2014
Since this is commission, it is required that representatives go out and distribute catalogues to potential customers. I didn't work there for long, so I only sold products to close friends and family members. Once a customer would tell me what he/she would like to order, I would fill in information on an invoice then give them a copy. The hardest part for me was handing out catalogues to people I didn't know. I wasn't too comfortable with going door to door selling products. I quit because I was starting university that Fall and wanted to only focus on school. Also, buying catalogues could get very expensive, as I had to buy a lot every month or so. I did enjoy the quality of the products, the management and the customer service. I felt that they were very helpful and assisted me whenever I had problems.
take charge kind of job
sales rep (Former Employee) –  everywhereSeptember 12, 2013
With this job you feel a sense of empowerment. It almost feels like you are running your own little mini business. you pretty much call all the shot and do not have to confirm your affairs with anyone else. you have the pleasure of working with customers and the solidarity of working alone doing paper work. overall it is a very take charge job that allows for flexible schedules.
fun working environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2012
you plan your day in your own
you learn knowing people and dealing with them
the manager do the followup
and the team is great you meet at the meetings or at the products presentations
the hardest part is recruding new sales representatives under yourself
the enjoyable part is proping the brochures and discribing the products to the customer.
Productive, fun
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ONOctober 16, 2012
Great company to work for, has its ups and downs because you are your own worker, but i would do it again in a heart beat. You set your own hours which is nice. The managers and leaders are fantastic they are so energetic and eager to help you with anything you need. I love working with people and you are always meeting new people with Avon.