Avon Employee Reviews

great company to work for
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
great company to work for
incentive gifts are great ( brand names)
trip incentives are great

they let you work from home but you must report constantly by phone to your boss

you must excel at your job or it will not be easy
Pros
company car, cell phone, they pay for internet and part of the cell
Cons
you have to work 7 days a week and nights if you want to succeed
Simple
Catalog Delivery (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 May 2016
Delivering catalogs took less than 30 minutes from my day. My catalog provider was very kind and appreciative of the work I did.
Pros
Simple
Cons
Delivering catalogs in bad weather
Avery easy and productive work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2016
I learned customer service. To tolerate customers and always agree that the customer is right. I also achieve negotiation and persuasive skills.
Pros
Free products
Cons
High interest rate
Great company to grow with.
Self-employed sales leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Mississauga4 December 2012
Flexible employment. Great place to meet new contacts.

I started with Avon after working full time as a Human Resources/Payroll assistant. After 16 years I left due to the company re-structuring. I decided to take some time off and raise 2 small boys. That is when I focused more on Avon as it allowed me flexible work hours.
Worked alone
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 April 2016
Taking peoples personal orders on a number of products
Balancing money, invoices and checks
It was nice seeing all of the products before other customers did
I had to stop selling Avon because I wasn't making any money at it
Pros
All the neat new products
Cons
Working alone
Working for Avon.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 March 2015
A typical day at Avon would consist of organizing my brochures to hand out to my clients. and make sure they receive any shipments on time. I would organize receipts and logs in my time book, and make sure nothing was ever missed or forgotten. What I have learned on the job was that self-management comes with self-discipline and hard work. I worked alone in this job, only had my supervisor check in on me a few times to make sure everything was running accordingly. The hardest part of the job was making sure the products that I sold came on time, and that the clients receives their purchases on a set date. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with new people, and learning from them as well.
Pros
self-management
Cons
commute
Independent Sales Representative
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 May 2014
Since this is commission, it is required that representatives go out and distribute catalogues to potential customers. I didn't work there for long, so I only sold products to close friends and family members. Once a customer would tell me what he/she would like to order, I would fill in information on an invoice then give them a copy. The hardest part for me was handing out catalogues to people I didn't know. I wasn't too comfortable with going door to door selling products. I quit because I was starting university that Fall and wanted to only focus on school. Also, buying catalogues could get very expensive, as I had to buy a lot every month or so. I did enjoy the quality of the products, the management and the customer service. I felt that they were very helpful and assisted me whenever I had problems.
I had fun working alongside customers and getting to meet face to face
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 May 2014
Going door to door and meeting unique people while offering the various products of Avon.
I learned face to face communication with customers.
I worked independently so there were no co-workers
Management was great and flexible.
Not making enough money and living on free products was not worth the job.
The most enjoyable part was watching customers open up their packages as they got the things they had ordered as they had expected them to come. It was like watching a child open a present.
The hardest part of the job was rejection.
Pros
It was fun seeing customers smile when receiving their products
Cons
Customers that were rude and rejected to buy things
Good Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, NS1 March 2016
I just started selling Avon as a past time for me. It was never about the money, its was just something to do while I was home with kids.
Pros
get discounts on products, get to interact with a lot of money, shows you what its like to run your own job at your own pace. I learned a lot from selling avon.
Cons
you don't make a whole lot of money unless you you want to be a leader.
great job
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Coaldale, AB28 November 2015
I love selling avon because it has a good reputation, longevity in business & I always get a good response from my customers.
Pros
flexibilty of hours with room for advancement.
Cons
can't think of any.
product
Secretary (Former Employee) –  abuyog branch15 March 2014
its easy to deal about this cause almost everyone used the products and known at the market.
Pros
good salary
Interesting products to sell
Avon Rep (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, British Columbia14 August 2012
Productive and fun workplace with products for sale. Worked independantly in selling products and delivering them to the customer. Learned to Multi-task. Management was really understanding. Co-workers were always there to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was delivering the products Didn't have a car, had to deliver the products on foot.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the prouducts delivered on time.
Pros
working on my own
Cons
delivering the products by foot.
avon
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Salvador, SK16 February 2016
avon was a very fun experience, i got to win alot of stuff such as set of plates etc... it was fun really because i got to meet alot of very interested people and get to learn more about what selling is about
Pros
free gifts
Cons
nothing
great if you like independent work
independent sales representative (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC13 February 2015
Lots of hand on and speaking to people and lots of phone calls no boss yelling at you must be self motivated communication skills sell the product and organization skills money management set your own dead lines and meet them set your own goals and follow up with them
Pros
more time at home with family
Cons
different environment have to be self motivated no buss yelling at you
Alternate Support
Alternate support (Current Employee) –  Durham Region23 July 2014
Phone calls for inactive rep. finding out if they need more training, brochures ect. Dealing with reps that are having problems with computer program, collections. You pretty much work on your own The hardest part is to continue to call people that are owe money and they do not seem to understand that if they do not pay it will go to collections, I enjoy this job it can be a very rewarding experience.
Pros
you pick your work hours
Avon
Avon sales representitive (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON20 February 2016
It was not the best place to be you only get paid on commission. Its hard to get people to pay or to get a hold of them to receive their products ...
being my own boss was fun
Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2016
Being my own boss was fun..Got to try different products. Selling wasn't easy but at least I had fun doing it. I loved the jewelry and perfume samples.
Cons
not enough money
Excellent Part time job for a Student; work with a team, or on your own.
Avon Independent Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 January 2013
With Avon I was able to make my own hours which made life very easy. I am a student therefore it is a great job to have on the side and carry with me where ever I go. I learned how to be an entrepreneur, a sales associate, a team member and a hard worker. Avon management is a little bit different than regular companies because they are an independent representative type of business. However I felt very supported by my district sales manager, and was always encouraged to keep up the hard work. My co-workers varied depending on their passion for the job. I like working with a team and helping others out, but often it is difficult to work with someone who is not as passionate as you are. The hardest part of working for Avon is that it is a lot of driving in order to deliver orders, set up and go to meetings, and attend seminars, ect. The most enjoyable part of selling Avon is the look on my customers face when I deliver their orders and how easy it is to get excited about working for Avon.
Pros
work how you want (alone or on a team), make your own hours, be your own boss, choose how to earn (whether that be growing a team or selling product).
Cons
lots of driving, disappointed about their morals when it comes to animal testing.
Being My Own Boss Has Benefits
Leadership Representative and Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2015
A typical day with my Avon business means lots of time at the desk, whether it be typing emails, creating marketing for social media, or phone calls.

On 'good weather' days, I like to go out and get the attention of would-be Avon shoppers and sellers. It is easy and fun to let people know about my business, and the fact that I can help them be in business too.

I have learned, since being a Leader/Trainer, that I cannot assume that representatives will automatically know or like everything, and that my job with them goes deeper than just coaching at the beginning - which helps me build my own character in the process.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the Freedom to do public tables while wearing a pink wig, or to attend networking events all dressed in pink, to have in-home parties and of course my social media pages are addictive!
own boss and freedom to make business grow
Avon Rep (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 September 2015
advertised Avon product, made online orders for customers, delivered product and made product demonstrations. I loved meeting new customers and availing my services to them and making them a satisfied customer
Pros
you are your own boss make your own schedule able to make it grow to whatever you want
Cons
starting client base takes long, demands a lot of ingenuity, customer sastisfaction crushed due to poor operator deliver of product to me

82%