Avon

Avon Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company to Represent
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free products incentives/great discounts
Excellent training and support from management! Great perks and incentives. Love the Avon products! They have a great reputation and have had loyal customers for over 125 years.
Great opportunities
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Amherstburg, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: competitive
On an average day, I brought in my own clientele, and provided the best customer service possible. I let my customers know of any promotions, new products, and how they can place their orders. I learned that in order to be the best, you have to do your best! You have to set reasonable goals for yourself, and come up with a plan in order to meet these goals. The management team was great. I was able to keep in contact with the Sales Leaders if any problems were to arise. They were very helpful and patient, and helped me in any way they could to help me be more successful as a sales representative. The hardest part of my job was contacting the corporate office with delivery issues I was having. I had a couple incidences where had to return products, and it was difficult to contact the people in charge of local deliveries to pick up these orders. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say, is the overall feedback I got from both my manager, and my customers! They were the ones who made it possible to further my career and be successful working with Avon Canada.
meet new & interesting people all the time
Sales Representative-Customer Service (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 29, 2014
make your own hours and goals
met new friends
management is helpful
monthly meetings to keep up with latest aids
Avon
Avon Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey BCDecember 3, 2013
Avon was alright for home stayers, was a great experience to gain customer care.
Productive & Fun Work Environment
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: manage your own business, make your own hours
Cons: navigation may be difficult at first
At Avon I am my own boss and make my own hours running my very own business selling Avon Products. The hardest part of the job is to find and obtain clients, however, once you've got them its easy and important to maintain them. The part of my job that I enjoy the most is that I can make money buy selling products to clients and the ability to have my own team of Independent Sales Representatives. A typical day at work is walking around and getting people I meet interested in Avon and hand out brochures, when a client orders from them they are ordering from my "store" and my job is to delivery their products one time. Having a job through Avon is perfect for stay at home mums, people who enjoy travelling, and students saving up to go to college. The job is flexible as you get to set your own hours.
Great way to gain customer service skills.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Avon, ONNovember 22, 2013
Pros: samples of products
Cons: hard to make sales
It was good to go out, meet new people, and gain customer service skills, such as speaking the right way to your customers, how to gain customers and maintain their trust.
You had to put in your time, to make the money you wanted to make. If you didn't, you wouldn't make any money.
My co-workers were really supportive of me trying to get sales and teaching me about their experiences.
The most enjoyable part about the job was trying on Avon products myself, and being able to give customers my honest opinion.
Met lots of new people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: got to be my own boss
Cons: long hours in the cold
I enjoyed working for Avon because I got the opportunity to met new people
Flexible working hours
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2013
The best thing about working for AVON is the flexible working schedule. I get to work independently and set my own goals. I learned to work with customers.
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto ONOctober 3, 2013
Orders did not come in on time and I had customers complaining to me
Avon Representative
Sales Representative, Avon (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 1, 2013
I liked working at Avon I did really good in my sales and with customers. I just found it to be a very unorganized work place.
take charge kind of job
sales rep (Former Employee), everywhereSeptember 12, 2013
With this job you feel a sense of empowerment. It almost feels like you are running your own little mini business. you pretty much call all the shot and do not have to confirm your affairs with anyone else. you have the pleasure of working with customers and the solidarity of working alone doing paper work. overall it is a very take charge job that allows for flexible schedules.
Amazing products at cheap rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2013
- I learnt how to manage receipts and cash
- No co-workers
- Once shipped products arrived, customers usually wanted a refund which was the hardest part of the job
Educational and Independent Workplace
Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 31, 2013
Pros: - hard work pays off; once you have sold a certain amount your commission increases
Cons: - don't get paid hourly; salary based on commission
- Work from home
- Improves verbal skills
- Very educational; lots of seminars and webinars are available to improve sales and educates workers on new software
- Management is very friendly and understanding; they help you succeed
- Learned how to improve my sales and gain valuable information
- Met with new customers and made friendships
Fun,
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nepean, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pros: free samples!!!
Cons: not enough money
Learning experience
great over-all manager and co-workers (within district)
Customer service
time consuming
money management skills
enjoyed the cafateria and medical and dental insurance
Assembler (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCAugust 22, 2013
Pros: got discount off avon products
This was a very fast paced job which I enjoyed very much I worked a 12 hour night shift from 7pm-7am, the salary was very good started at 17$ an hour.Got along with everyone
Good place to meet lots of people
Administrative Assistant Avon Canada (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 7, 2013
Pros: met lots of nice people
Cons: long hours
Worked on own schedule as time allowed. Answered calls and emails for a district of over 600 people
Not my first choice of jobs
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJuly 19, 2013
Pros: samples, freedom
Cons: hidden fees, slow delivery
I wish there wasn't so many hidden fees, etc so you had a chance to make money.
fun environment almost a self employment and flexible
Sales Representative (Current Employee), work from homeJuly 12, 2013
Pros: free gift set time to time
Cons: i make my own hours
I love being able to help others with their inside and outside beauty, on a daily basis. Advertising, selling, social interaction--- It's all great
Sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Sutton West, ONJune 30, 2013
Pros: part time
Cons: not enough income
I love meeting people and getting to know them.know.

They teach me to run my own bussiness.
Easy to balance home life and work.
Sales representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2013
Avon allowed me to focus on my school while still earning money on the side. It is all done on my own time, and there are no consequences should I choose to take some days off. It let me branch out and learn how to interact with other people, something I was really shy about doing before. The pay wasn't to good because it was all commission, so if I was having a busy week with school and did not have any time to sit down and focus on Avon, I didn't make any money.

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more