Avon Employee Reviews in Canada

A great job for a little extra spending money
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, OnFebruary 10, 2013
A typical day working with Avon includes contacting existing customers, and hunting for new leads, processing orders, and making certain that your current invoices are up to date. Customer refunds are processed, and all complaints and questions are answered by the sales rep.
I learned a great deal about time and self management, as well as skin care and assorted other products that the company sells.
While there is a management team in place, the individual reps are expected to manage themselves. This is not a job that includes co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is diffusing angry customers who did not receive a product they had ordered, either due to a back log on the item, or the item advertised being discontinued. At this time, it's easy for a rep to take the full blame for a situation that is out of her control. In order to keep in the customer's good graces, a number of solutions and sacrifices must be made on the part of the rep, with no compensation from the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing customer satisfaction. Knowing that you've helped a customer find a product they love is very, very rewarding.
Pros
work at your own pace, from home
Cons
unstable income
great if you like independent work
independent sales representative (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BCFebruary 13, 2015
Lots of hand on and speaking to people and lots of phone calls no boss yelling at you must be self motivated communication skills sell the product and organization skills money management set your own dead lines and meet them set your own goals and follow up with them
Pros
more time at home with family
Cons
different environment have to be self motivated no buss yelling at you
fun and a great way to get out and meet new people
Part Time Direct Sales Business (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJuly 14, 2015
This is great way to get out and make some extra money. You work the business as much or as little as you want. I like it as its extra money for me for Christmas or Vacations with my son.
Great company to grow with.
Self-employed sales leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, MississaugaDecember 4, 2012
Flexible employment. Great place to meet new contacts.

I started with Avon after working full time as a Human Resources/Payroll assistant. After 16 years I left due to the company re-structuring. I decided to take some time off and raise 2 small boys. That is when I focused more on Avon as it allowed me flexible work hours.
Independent Sales Representative
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 31, 2014
Since this is commission, it is required that representatives go out and distribute catalogues to potential customers. I didn't work there for long, so I only sold products to close friends and family members. Once a customer would tell me what he/she would like to order, I would fill in information on an invoice then give them a copy. The hardest part for me was handing out catalogues to people I didn't know. I wasn't too comfortable with going door to door selling products. I quit because I was starting university that Fall and wanted to only focus on school. Also, buying catalogues could get very expensive, as I had to buy a lot every month or so. I did enjoy the quality of the products, the management and the customer service. I felt that they were very helpful and assisted me whenever I had problems.
Being My Own Boss Has Benefits
Leadership Representative and Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
A typical day with my Avon business means lots of time at the desk, whether it be typing emails, creating marketing for social media, or phone calls.

On 'good weather' days, I like to go out and get the attention of would-be Avon shoppers and sellers. It is easy and fun to let people know about my business, and the fact that I can help them be in business too.

I have learned, since being a Leader/Trainer, that I cannot assume that representatives will automatically know or like everything, and that my job with them goes deeper than just coaching at the beginning - which helps me build my own character in the process.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the Freedom to do public tables while wearing a pink wig, or to attend networking events all dressed in pink, to have in-home parties and of course my social media pages are addictive!
I had fun working alongside customers and getting to meet face to face
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 29, 2014
Going door to door and meeting unique people while offering the various products of Avon.
I learned face to face communication with customers.
I worked independently so there were no co-workers
Management was great and flexible.
Not making enough money and living on free products was not worth the job.
The most enjoyable part was watching customers open up their packages as they got the things they had ordered as they had expected them to come. It was like watching a child open a present.
The hardest part of the job was rejection.
Pros
it was fun seeing customers smile when receiving their products
Cons
customers that were rude and rejected to buy things
Alternate Support
Alternate support (Current Employee) –  Durham RegionJuly 23, 2014
Phone calls for inactive rep. finding out if they need more training, brochures ect. Dealing with reps that are having problems with computer program, collections. You pretty much work on your own The hardest part is to continue to call people that are owe money and they do not seem to understand that if they do not pay it will go to collections, I enjoy this job it can be a very rewarding experience.
Pros
you pick your work hours
product
Secretary (Former Employee) –  abuyog branchMarch 15, 2014
its easy to deal about this cause almost everyone used the products and known at the market.
Pros
good salary
INDEPENDENT SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2015
Great Work is the work that increases employee engagement and personal effectiveness. But how do they get started when everyone is so busy with managing the overwhelm of day-to-day business life?
Interesting products to sell
Avon Rep (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, British ColumbiaAugust 14, 2012
Productive and fun workplace with products for sale. Worked independantly in selling products and delivering them to the customer. Learned to Multi-task. Management was really understanding. Co-workers were always there to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was delivering the products Didn't have a car, had to deliver the products on foot.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the prouducts delivered on time.
Pros
working on my own
Cons
delivering the products by foot.
typical day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 29, 2015
you work from home so its not really any different from being home on a regular day. Although sometime you have to go around your block and see if anyone would like for you to be their representative, you give them a brochure, they tell you what you want. When you start this job you get a bunch of forms ad instructions about what to do.
Excellent Part time job for a Student; work with a team, or on your own.
Avon Independent Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 24, 2013
With Avon I was able to make my own hours which made life very easy. I am a student therefore it is a great job to have on the side and carry with me where ever I go. I learned how to be an entrepreneur, a sales associate, a team member and a hard worker. Avon management is a little bit different than regular companies because they are an independent representative type of business. However I felt very supported by my district sales manager, and was always encouraged to keep up the hard work. My co-workers varied depending on their passion for the job. I like working with a team and helping others out, but often it is difficult to work with someone who is not as passionate as you are. The hardest part of working for Avon is that it is a lot of driving in order to deliver orders, set up and go to meetings, and attend seminars, ect. The most enjoyable part of selling Avon is the look on my customers face when I deliver their orders and how easy it is to get excited about working for Avon.
Pros
work how you want (alone or on a team), make your own hours, be your own boss, choose how to earn (whether that be growing a team or selling product).
Cons
lots of driving, disappointed about their morals when it comes to animal testing.
sales person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  home based businessJanuary 14, 2015
sell product and introduce promotions, find a new customers every day
Productive & Fun Work Environment
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 28, 2013
At Avon I am my own boss and make my own hours running my very own business selling Avon Products. The hardest part of the job is to find and obtain clients, however, once you've got them its easy and important to maintain them. The part of my job that I enjoy the most is that I can make money buy selling products to clients and the ability to have my own team of Independent Sales Representatives. A typical day at work is walking around and getting people I meet interested in Avon and hand out brochures, when a client orders from them they are ordering from my "store" and my job is to delivery their products one time. Having a job through Avon is perfect for stay at home mums, people who enjoy travelling, and students saving up to go to college. The job is flexible as you get to set your own hours.
Pros
manage your own business, make your own hours
Cons
navigation may be difficult at first
Absolutely horrid.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Alberta CanadaMay 8, 2013
First off, I have always loved Avon products as a customer. That's why I started selling over 2 years ago.

But as a rep?
You pay for the long distance calls with any question you have for them. There will be a lot. There's no toll free number.
You often wait for over 20 minutes to have your call answered if you can get through at all.
You pay for all your bags to put your customers items in. As well as over $10 for brochures. (12 campaigns per year)
You pay the $12 shipping to get your order.
If your customer wants to return something, you get to pay that shipping cost as well.
Overall, you spend way too much on this "business". I will always love Avon products but simply cannot afford to sell them.
Both thumbs down.
Pros
you get a tiny discount on products.
Cons
too many to list in this little box.
enjoyed the cafateria and medical and dental insurance
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCAugust 22, 2013
This was a very fast paced job which I enjoyed very much I worked a 12 hour night shift from 7pm-7am, the salary was very good started at 17$ an hour.Got along with everyone
Pros
got discount off avon products
Great Company to Represent
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 4, 2014
Excellent training and support from management! Great perks and incentives. Love the Avon products! They have a great reputation and have had loyal customers for over 125 years.
Pros
free products incentives/great discounts
Solitary work with lots of math
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Keswick OntarioFebruary 26, 2013
Basically when new catalogues came in I would deliver them around to houses and then take orders, place them. When the orders came in I would deliver them and collect the payments. I would then submit the payments and calculate costs. I learned how to calculate tax and how to interact with people and be personable. It was a pretty individual job so I worked by myself alot. The hardest part of the job was when there wasn't anymore of a certain product and you had to substitute a product and someone wasn't happy. The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with people and build relationships with them.
Pros
free products, make your own hours
Cons
alot of accounting, client based problem solving
enjoy work place
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  AntipoloCcityApril 4, 2013
it takes 8 hours a day plus 1 hour lunch break, i learned how to serve properly the management is good and my co workers os good also they become my friend, the enjoyable part of job is even it is in pick hours we help each other to do that task .