Avon Employee Reviews

own boss and freedom to make business grow
Avon Rep (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 9, 2015
advertised Avon product, made online orders for customers, delivered product and made product demonstrations. I loved meeting new customers and availing my services to them and making them a satisfied customer
Pros
you are your own boss make your own schedule able to make it grow to whatever you want
Cons
starting client base takes long, demands a lot of ingenuity, customer sastisfaction crushed due to poor operator deliver of product to me
Walking Handing out books
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ONNovember 30, 2015
Fun to work for
make extra cash
good products
great prices
great support team
easy website and easy to work for
good place to work from home
great samples
Work your own hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONNovember 17, 2015
Good place to work, flexible hours, work at own pace.
You are able to set up your own clientele for repeat sales and can develop your own ability to push sales further and further each time.
Great opportunities
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ONJanuary 31, 2014
On an average day, I brought in my own clientele, and provided the best customer service possible. I let my customers know of any promotions, new products, and how they can place their orders. I learned that in order to be the best, you have to do your best! You have to set reasonable goals for yourself, and come up with a plan in order to meet these goals. The management team was great. I was able to keep in contact with the Sales Leaders if any problems were to arise. They were very helpful and patient, and helped me in any way they could to help me be more successful as a sales representative. The hardest part of my job was contacting the corporate office with delivery issues I was having. I had a couple incidences where had to return products, and it was difficult to contact the people in charge of local deliveries to pick up these orders. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say, is the overall feedback I got from both my manager, and my customers! They were the ones who made it possible to further my career and be successful working with Avon Canada.
Pros
free products
Cons
competitive
Working for Avon.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2015
A typical day at Avon would consist of organizing my brochures to hand out to my clients. and make sure they receive any shipments on time. I would organize receipts and logs in my time book, and make sure nothing was ever missed or forgotten. What I have learned on the job was that self-management comes with self-discipline and hard work. I worked alone in this job, only had my supervisor check in on me a few times to make sure everything was running accordingly. The hardest part of the job was making sure the products that I sold came on time, and that the clients receives their purchases on a set date. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with new people, and learning from them as well.
Pros
self-management
Cons
commute
Very convenient job especially because it is a stay at home job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HomeAugust 31, 2015
I currently am still working for Avon as a sales associate. I have been working for Avon for over 6 months now and its a very nice job because it is done at your own convenience and doesn't clash with either my social life or my school work and even if i get a job somewhere else.
Pros
discount on most Avon products
Cons
Fun part time work selling beauty products, and meeting new people
Part time, Direct Marketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  homeOctober 1, 2015
This is a self-employed part time position. I have been a sales representative for 22 years, 18 years as a Presidents Club member.
fun and a great way to get out and meet new people
Part Time Direct Sales Business (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJuly 14, 2015
This is great way to get out and make some extra money. You work the business as much or as little as you want. I like it as its extra money for me for Christmas or Vacations with my son.
Being My Own Boss Has Benefits
Leadership Representative and Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
A typical day with my Avon business means lots of time at the desk, whether it be typing emails, creating marketing for social media, or phone calls.

On 'good weather' days, I like to go out and get the attention of would-be Avon shoppers and sellers. It is easy and fun to let people know about my business, and the fact that I can help them be in business too.

I have learned, since being a Leader/Trainer, that I cannot assume that representatives will automatically know or like everything, and that my job with them goes deeper than just coaching at the beginning - which helps me build my own character in the process.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the Freedom to do public tables while wearing a pink wig, or to attend networking events all dressed in pink, to have in-home parties and of course my social media pages are addictive!
Independent Sales Representative
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 31, 2014
Since this is commission, it is required that representatives go out and distribute catalogues to potential customers. I didn't work there for long, so I only sold products to close friends and family members. Once a customer would tell me what he/she would like to order, I would fill in information on an invoice then give them a copy. The hardest part for me was handing out catalogues to people I didn't know. I wasn't too comfortable with going door to door selling products. I quit because I was starting university that Fall and wanted to only focus on school. Also, buying catalogues could get very expensive, as I had to buy a lot every month or so. I did enjoy the quality of the products, the management and the customer service. I felt that they were very helpful and assisted me whenever I had problems.
I had fun working alongside customers and getting to meet face to face
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 29, 2014
Going door to door and meeting unique people while offering the various products of Avon.
I learned face to face communication with customers.
I worked independently so there were no co-workers
Management was great and flexible.
Not making enough money and living on free products was not worth the job.
The most enjoyable part was watching customers open up their packages as they got the things they had ordered as they had expected them to come. It was like watching a child open a present.
The hardest part of the job was rejection.
Pros
it was fun seeing customers smile when receiving their products
Cons
customers that were rude and rejected to buy things
great if you like independent work
independent sales representative (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BCFebruary 13, 2015
Lots of hand on and speaking to people and lots of phone calls no boss yelling at you must be self motivated communication skills sell the product and organization skills money management set your own dead lines and meet them set your own goals and follow up with them
Pros
more time at home with family
Cons
different environment have to be self motivated no buss yelling at you
Alternate Support
Alternate support (Current Employee) –  Durham RegionJuly 23, 2014
Phone calls for inactive rep. finding out if they need more training, brochures ect. Dealing with reps that are having problems with computer program, collections. You pretty much work on your own The hardest part is to continue to call people that are owe money and they do not seem to understand that if they do not pay it will go to collections, I enjoy this job it can be a very rewarding experience.
Pros
you pick your work hours
Productive & Fun Work Environment
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 28, 2013
At Avon I am my own boss and make my own hours running my very own business selling Avon Products. The hardest part of the job is to find and obtain clients, however, once you've got them its easy and important to maintain them. The part of my job that I enjoy the most is that I can make money buy selling products to clients and the ability to have my own team of Independent Sales Representatives. A typical day at work is walking around and getting people I meet interested in Avon and hand out brochures, when a client orders from them they are ordering from my "store" and my job is to delivery their products one time. Having a job through Avon is perfect for stay at home mums, people who enjoy travelling, and students saving up to go to college. The job is flexible as you get to set your own hours.
Pros
manage your own business, make your own hours
Cons
navigation may be difficult at first
Interesting products to sell
Avon Rep (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, British ColumbiaAugust 14, 2012
Productive and fun workplace with products for sale. Worked independantly in selling products and delivering them to the customer. Learned to Multi-task. Management was really understanding. Co-workers were always there to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was delivering the products Didn't have a car, had to deliver the products on foot.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the prouducts delivered on time.
Pros
working on my own
Cons
delivering the products by foot.
Absolutely horrid.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Alberta CanadaMay 8, 2013
First off, I have always loved Avon products as a customer. That's why I started selling over 2 years ago.

But as a rep?
You pay for the long distance calls with any question you have for them. There will be a lot. There's no toll free number.
You often wait for over 20 minutes to have your call answered if you can get through at all.
You pay for all your bags to put your customers items in. As well as over $10 for brochures. (12 campaigns per year)
You pay the $12 shipping to get your order.
If your customer wants to return something, you get to pay that shipping cost as well.
Overall, you spend way too much on this "business". I will always love Avon products but simply cannot afford to sell them.
Both thumbs down.
Pros
you get a tiny discount on products.
Cons
too many to list in this little box.
INDEPENDENT SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2015
Great Work is the work that increases employee engagement and personal effectiveness. But how do they get started when everyone is so busy with managing the overwhelm of day-to-day business life?
Solitary work with lots of math
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Keswick OntarioFebruary 26, 2013
Basically when new catalogues came in I would deliver them around to houses and then take orders, place them. When the orders came in I would deliver them and collect the payments. I would then submit the payments and calculate costs. I learned how to calculate tax and how to interact with people and be personable. It was a pretty individual job so I worked by myself alot. The hardest part of the job was when there wasn't anymore of a certain product and you had to substitute a product and someone wasn't happy. The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with people and build relationships with them.
Pros
free products, make your own hours
Cons
alot of accounting, client based problem solving
typical day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 29, 2015
you work from home so its not really any different from being home on a regular day. Although sometime you have to go around your block and see if anyone would like for you to be their representative, you give them a brochure, they tell you what you want. When you start this job you get a bunch of forms ad instructions about what to do.
Disappointing orientation and training almost non existant
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 23, 2012
I did this at a time in my life when I had 4 children at home and was also babysitting several so if I would have speent more time with my customer base i feel i would have done better!!
Pros
good commission, free prodcts
Cons
did not have enough time to develpfully